Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game?? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game??

Marrone wouldn't be starting off from scratch this time and he'd have way more resources.

He'd also have Sean Tucker at the helm of his ground game.
He might have Tucker

The hard part is Shrader gave us hope. JW believes that Dino gave us hope this year. When In actuality this team could have been special if he went to GS game 1. There are so many red flags here for this year regardless of what they were suppose to do this year. I’ve never seen a coach single handedly cost a team so many wins. But JW will prob see the “progress” because they won more than 1 game

The hard part is Shrader gave us hope. JW believes that Dino gave us hope this year. When In actuality this team could have been special if he went to GS game 1. There are so many red flags here for this year regardless of what they were suppose to do this year. I’ve never seen a coach single handedly cost a team so many wins. But JW will prob see the “progress” because they won more than 1 game

We are Virginia Tech last year. Will probably keep him and can him next year but everyone knows it should be done this year.

Selfishly, unless Marrone is whispering sweet nothings on the other end of the batphone then I am resigned to another year with Babers. Say we fire Babers, Marrone is smart enough not to come back, where do we turn? Some hot shot NFL Coordinator? Been there. Some continuity hire(For what reason i don't know)? Done that. No, I got it. Some hot name from the lower levels? Oh yea, that didn't work either. Well we aren't getting any established HC's from another successful school to leave. We can't even be like Penn St or USC, and keep it in the family because we are the unlucky school where none of the former players become big time coaches...except HCDM. I really don't think I can do another rebuild. You're going to tell me we have to give another guy 3 more years of patience before we see he isn't going to work out either? If we could have been competitive against L'ville and Nc St i could have lived with another year of Babers, but those losses were just so bad and reflective of a poorly coached team with poor team chemistry I can see cutting bait.

So my official stance is reluctantly keep Dino if we can't sweet talk Marrone into coming back and trying to save the program.
There is no reason to keep Dino. Players good ones and coaches, the good ones will leave. This years recruiting class is weak and has already had 2 significant decommits . Nobody that has options wants to work with or play for a coach who the poster child of a lame duck.
After next weeks blow out what does JW say?
" Im proud of coach Babers and his 1 winning season out of 6." Coach finished strong? Coach has kept the team together? Coach has an amazing group of recruits committed? Coach is an amazing decision maker and game planner? Coach is loved by our Donors and we are raising the funds to keep us competitive?
No. Fact is JW has nothing, noda, zero, not even a solid APR to justify giving Dino a vote of confidence.
Dino is a dead man and every kid on the team, coach, opposing coach and recruit knows it.
Pray for a miracle next week or pray that the administration changes their position.

If that’s true he has a strong case with that game and this one.
Honestly if Pitt is this bad I’m fine with it
Will be tough to fire Dino if we pull out the Pitt game and go bowling
I wouldn't worry about that. We will be a 3 score home dog

I want to know what koolaid he drinks. With the crap happening with the womens basketball team he should have been hired. That alone tells me all we need to know about any possible coaching change.
The Kool Aid happens to be he is the idiot who signed him to the prohibative buy out and he would have to admit he is the reason Syracuse University is out millions of dollars. Wildhack is the one who should be fired first and then let a new AD fire Babers.

Wildhack said before the game he’s happy with the improvement he’s seen this year. Doesn’t sound like someone ready to make a coaching change.
It will take a miracle to have Dino fired.

Wildhack said before the game he’s happy with the improvement he’s seen this year. Doesn’t sound like someone ready to make a coaching change.
Actually it does. Coaches always get the vote of confidence….right before….off with their heads.

What’s funny is that many of the pseudo ADs here who know that Dino should be fired are probably the ones who two years ago were screaming “EXTEND THE MAN” and “PAY THE MAN”.

What’s funny is that many of the pseudo ADs here who know that Dino should be fired are probably the ones who two years ago were screaming “EXTEND THE MAN” and “PAY THE MAN”.
Regardless of the past 2 years, extending him was the right move. I believe in ADJW still

Honestly I was there for a bit too, but realized we're getting re-build results as it sits right now anyways. Blowout losses, losing record in conference and overall, and bottom of the conference recruiting classes. Only thing that changes really is some added new hope and chance of excitement.

I can be sold a hell of a lot easier right now on hope and change from some grass is greener unknown new hire than I can Dino turning a corner with the program.
To be fair until the last 2 games we were in close, exciting games.

Exactly. His recruiting was pretty good given the circumstances.
It was on par of the guys we are brining in now, but with a purpose and a plan. Not seemingly picking some random kid from 1 of the 50 states. Give the man facilities better than some Texas High Schools, a budget for a staff, and the stuff we have now, and I have no doubt the recruiting results would be better.

There is no reason to keep Dino. Players good ones and coaches, the good ones will leave. This years recruiting class is weak and has already had 2 significant decommits . Nobody that has options wants to work with or play for a coach who the poster child of a lame duck.
" Im proud of coach Babers and his 1 winning season out of 6." Coach finished strong? Coach has kept the team together? Coach has an amazing group of recruits committed? Coach is an amazing decision maker and game planner? Coach is loved by our Donors and we are raising the funds to keep us competitive?
No. Fact is JW has nothing, noda, zero, not even a solid APR to justify giving Dino a vote of confidence.
Dino is a dead man and every kid on the team, coach, opposing coach and recruit knows it.
Pray for a miracle next week or pray that the administration changes their position.
I'm certainly not going to argue against it. My question is where do we turn? Who is this unknown saint who is going to come in and save our program? At this point I don't even think there is a short list?

He's not our type of guy, but I would like to get someone like Jamey Chadwell. The one thing I am really impressed with watching his teams is how hard they play, and the team chemistry. That starts from the top down. Plus he's a former OC, and is familiar recruiting ACC footprint.

I'm certainly not going to argue against it. My question is where do we turn? Who is this unknown saint who is going to come in and save our program? At this point I don't even think there is a short list?

He's not our type of guy, but I would like to get someone like Jamey Chadwell. The one thing I am really impressed with watching his teams is how hard they play, and the team chemistry. That starts from the top down. Plus he's a former OC, and is familiar recruiting ACC footprint.
I think Chadwell would be a terrific choice but it sounds like he’ll have his pick of some bigger open jobs.

Sure that’s the message board MO always.

To be sanctimonious Rick about people being upset how Dino did post extension isn’t unreasonable no?

I am in keep Dino camp because I don’t think the alternative makes them better. It makes us feel better about a new system but it doesn’t fix anything.

Only counter to my own counter is Marrone. If he truly wanted to Buck any notion of NFL or a meat grinder SEC team and come home w more job security for his final job (Schiano esque) I’m all ears. This squad is one he could win with out of the blocks if he keeps Tucker from transferring which prob would be a potential issue

I would think JW would know what he wants if we get throttled to Pitt and has a list of guys who would say yes

My guess is Dino is back in 22

If Cuse wins this weekend, as unlikely as that may seem, Dino stays.
Should Cuse lose...I'd make every effort to keep White and Schmidt as these guys seem
to have a grip/good reputation on what they do.
But when you look at the players who have left the program/left the recruiting class
and the poor class CUSE has coming in and now the seeming collapse of this season,
there is momentum building for Dino to be shown the door...and rightly so.
I mean last game of the season...senior day...bowl game riding on the outcome
and we won't get 33k in the stands.
THAT IS WEAK...illustrating a program that can't/won't be supported by fans.

Reactions: FAL
I mean my biggest concern is this…

Dino had Tommy Devito that certainly didn’t pan out

Dino has Shrader who looks great in the first couple games before the bye week

We have the bye week and Shrader comes out looking like Tommy Devito the last two weeks and has no idea what to do with the ball or where to go. That wasn’t the Shrader we saw with less experience.

It’s starting to make me wonder if Devito’s struggles were actually because of poor coaching by Dino and those same poor coaching techniques are starting to catch on to Shrader.

It’s time to make a change. I understand why it won’t happen this week but I think it needs to happen the moment the Pitt game is over….

You can’t come out of a bye week with two consecutive blow outs where your team looks absolutely awful. The game planning is TERRIBLE again.

Wildhack answers to the Board of Trustees.

The same Board of Trustees that control his budget.

If you want SU to pay Dino's buyout and have plenty of money available to hire the next coach and his staff, somebody above Wildhack has to sign off on it.

You and I both know that the BoT has a lot on their plate, and that turning SU into a national football powerhouse isn't a priority.

Unless we're down 51-0 at halftime next week, I expect Dino will be back in 2022.

I also expect to be having this exact same conversation 4-5 years from now about Dino's replacement. If Miami (OH) is the "Cradle of Coaches", then Syracuse is the "Cemetery". Nobody survives. :(

If Dino loses Saturday it is the perfect time to fire him. The recruiting class is nothing to write home about, we obviously don’t have a great option for QB next year, the schedule next year is significantly tougher then this year, and Coach Babers will have only 1 winning season since he arrived here at Syracuse. I’m sure there is a chance somebody like Tucker could leave and that would be a shame, but one player is no reason to keep this train wreck going. The powers to be at Syracuse at least have to make a call to somebody like Doug Marrone and see if they have interest in the job.

Wildhack answers to the Board of Trustees.

The same Board of Trustees that control his budget.

If you want SU to pay Dino's buyout and have plenty of money available to hire the next coach and his staff, somebody above Wildhack has to sign off on it.

You and I both know that the BoT has a lot on their plate, and that turning SU into a national football powerhouse isn't a priority.

Unless we're down 51-0 at halftime next week, I expect Dino will be back in 2022.

I also expect to be having this exact same conversation 4-5 years from now about Dino's replacement. If Miami (OH) is the "Cradle of Coaches", then Syracuse is the "Cemetery". Nobody survives. :(
^ ^ ^
little-mary-sunshine-15jvshvp.pi2.jpg
^ ^ ^

;)

I mean my biggest concern is this…

Dino had Tommy Devito that certainly didn’t pan out

Dino has Shrader who looks great in the first couple games before the bye week

We have the bye week and Shrader comes out looking like Tommy Devito the last two weeks and has no idea what to do with the ball or where to go. That wasn’t the Shrader we saw with less experience.

It’s starting to make me wonder if Devito’s struggles were actually because of poor coaching by Dino and those same poor coaching techniques are starting to catch on to Shrader.

It’s time to make a change. I understand why it won’t happen this week but I think it needs to happen the moment the Pitt game is over….

You can’t come out of a bye week with two consecutive blow outs where your team looks absolutely awful. The game planning is TERRIBLE again.
If the passing system is broken it doesn't matter what pieces you plug in. If used properly I still think we would look a lot better passing the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom