Will real CJ come back please? | Syracusefan.com

Will real CJ come back please?

djcon57

Living Legend
I don't like C. Jay Fare, his evil twin.

We need you, CJ, let's have a good week of practice and get it goin' on Thursday.

I believe you're referring to his evil twin Savoir Faire, actually.

And I wish CJ would stop trying to be a jump shooter and get back to what he does best: being a garbage man and attacking the rim. He can work on his jumper for next year, but that's not what we need from him right now.

Apparently CJ was sick through the end of the BET and the first two rounds. Hopefully he gets well in a hurry.

And I wish CJ would stop trying to be a jump shooter and get back to what he does best: being a garbage man and attacking the rim. He can work on his jumper for next year, but that's not what we need from him right now.

he started doing that a little bit in the kstate game. now he needs to do that and start converting!!

Apparently CJ was sick through the end of the BET and the first two rounds. Hopefully he gets well in a hurry.

Makes sense. He's usually full of energy...and just looked like his legs were real heavy.

Hey, Mason...did you actually hear that he was sick in our NCAA games? If so, that's an awful long time to be sick.

Hey, Mason...did you actually hear that he was sick in our NCAA games? If so, that's an awful long time to be sick.

Not really. Let's say he started getting sick in NY on Thursday...was sick through the weekend, plus plane travel and staying in hotels is never good for being sick..then by last thursday/sat..he starts feeling better but is still weak.

Wisconsin is a game built for CJ. The guards are going to have to penetrate and drop off to finishers, and offensive rebounding opportunities should be plentiful as well. I would expect CJ to have a lot of opportunities on Thursday.

Where is this Jay Fair everyone talks about seeing?

He is going to need to wear the big boy pants this week.

Thickburger is kind of playing like he's all bun, vegetables and condiments, and no meat and cheese.

Course if he's sick I get it. But we need meat and cheese.

And apparently J-Love Hewitt. Who knew?

Errr... You dont usually contract a sickness that lasts over a week... Especially not one that youre ok to play through.

I don't agree. During most of the season CJ was very effective from 10-15 ft. The mid-range jumper can be a great weapon an CJ had seemed to master it. He has fallen off lately, however.

CJ at his best or James at his best...who do you like? I go James easily but it's a nice luxury to have.

CJ at his best or James at his best...who do you like? I go James easily but it's a nice luxury to have.

James at his best.

He can block shots and rebound better.

CJ at his best is fantastic, but not a PF.
He'll slide in fantastically for Kris next year. I expect his 3s will look smoother in another year.

CJ has had a rough time the 5 games without Melo.
He just has, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

His stats from 5 games without Melo...
ND 1-3 from the field 4-6 from the line 6 points.
UC 3-8 0-2 from the line for 6 points
WV 3-4 1-2 from the line for 7 points.
Ash 1-7 1-1 from the line for 3 points.
KS 0-3 3-6 from the line for 3 points.
8-25 around 32 %

Dion was 14-46 without Melo around 30 percent from the field.
Although he was 4-9 and 5-9 the last two games UNCA is not a good defensive team they were a shooting team and KState was missing a key inside forward.
30% again.

Dion and CJ are way more efficient then 30 percent with Melo and numbers don't lie.
CJ is 45% for the year and Dion 48% for the year from the field. take out those 5 games and those numbers are probably around 47% and 49%

Hoping Melo comes back. He makes CJ and Dion so much better and Melo is much better then Keita. Time for the university to unleash Melo.

Wisconsin is a game built for CJ. The guards are going to have to penetrate and drop off to finishers, and offensive rebounding opportunities should be plentiful as well. I would expect CJ to have a lot of opportunities on Thursday.

God, I hope you're right. We really need his consistent 7-10 ppg. If everybody else keeps playing like they're capable of playing, and we add CJ's scoring to the mix, we're going to be tough to beat.

God, I hope you're right. We really need his consistent 7-10 ppg. If everybody else keeps playing like they're capable of playing, and we add CJ's scoring to the mix, we're going to be tough to beat.
I would expect CJ to have a big game, and James to take a step back due to Wisconsin's tight 3 point defense (unless JB instructs James to play from the high post and hit the glass rather than swing to the arc)

I would expect CJ to have a big game, and James to take a step back due to Wisconsin's tight 3 point defense (unless JB instructs James to play from the high post and hit the glass rather than swing to the arc)

Would love to see Southerland continue his solid play on the boards--I think without their usual staple of solid bigs, our athletic forwards can make an impact on the boards.

Agree about Wisc's solid defense on the perimeter--would love to see Southerland have a game like he did in the first game against Cincinnati. Several inside scores, rebounds, etc.

That's how we're going to beat these guys.

Would love to see Southerland continue his solid play on the boards--I think without their usual staple of solid bigs, our athletic forwards can make an impact on the boards.

Agree about Wisc's solid defense on the perimeter--would love to see Southerland have a game like he did in the first game against Cincinnati. Several inside scores, rebounds, etc.

That's how we're going to beat these guys.
I posted somewhere earlier that the irony of Wisconsin's focus on three point defense is that it will force the Orange to attack the rim, which is their strength anyway. Drive, draw and dish. Don't take it all the way to the hole or you are likely to get whistled, but I could see the guards collectively getting 15-20 assists if they find our finishers

I don't like C. Jay Fare, his evil twin.

We need you, CJ, let's have a good week of practice and get it goin' on Thursday.
We do need the old CJ back.
Otherwise he becomes C No PT.

I don't agree. During most of the season CJ was very effective from 10-15 ft. The mid-range jumper can be a great weapon an CJ had seemed to master it. He has fallen off lately, however.

Agreed. I never really thought of him as a great slasher. I want him picking up garbage points around the rim yes but I know he can make that mid-range shot. That was like our first 3 baskets in Storz.

Funny how often shot selection is 2nd guessed based on the result. Scoop's 3s vs K-St were the same shots as the one he missed (and got him ripped by Doris Burke) in MSG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom