Wojo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name 3
He said the Celtics fans cheered for Gordan Hayward when Utah played at Boston because Boston likes white superstars not just superstars.
GTFOH not because they were trying to get the top FA that summer which they did.

He said the Joe Paterno statue should stay up because he earned it.

His take on Russell Wilson and Ciara’s marriage was a joke. It’s none of his business how they live their lives.

Bomani is just waiting his contract out so he can go and join LeBatard and Skipper’s liberal Outkick the Coverage.

Name 3

1. Steph Curry isn't a bonafide superstar and is a system player and can't play anywhere else- seems like that one is right up your alley Barry McCockiner
2. Tom Brady is washed, a system player and can't play - Ditto above
3. Zone defense requires you to stay in one spot and not move.
4. He compared Jameis Winston to Peyton Manning coming out of FSU

Those are 4 off the top of my head that are just meathead takes or just general trolling which I am sure is right up your alley.

Last edited:
why? What are you trying to say?
I think we know and I think it is a sad and ridiculous take. That isn't to say that some don't like him in this world because of that reason. But to say all or to say anyone here is much too broad a statement.

I can see how Bomani's takes on sports aren't always great (zone is for cowards) but his racial stuff is very thought provoking 99% of the time. I always enjoyed him on HQ and I appreciate his perspective on things I otherwise wouldn't consider as a white guy.

It's lazy and close-minded to label him a race-baiter and its the same to label everyone who doesn't like him as racist.

Wojo won some sort of national defensive player of the year award his senior year at Duke. I have a friend who worked in the SU hoops office during the late 90s.

My friend asked a member of the coaching staff what he thought about Wojo winning the DPOY award. The response was something like:

“It is the biggest travesty in the history of college basketball.”

Wojo won some sort of national defensive player of the year award his senior year at Duke. I have a friend who worked in the SU hoops office during the late 90s.

My friend asked a member of the coaching staff what he thought about Wojo winning the DPOY award. The response was something like:

“It is the biggest travesty in the history of college basketball.”

Look at the list of winners and see 1998 where Wojo is. He definitely stands out.

He said the Celtics fans cheered for Gordan Hayward when Utah played at Boston because Boston likes white superstars not just superstars.
GTFOH not because they were trying to get the top FA that summer which they did.

He said the Joe Paterno statue should stay up because he earned it.

His take on Russell Wilson and Ciara’s marriage was a joke. It’s none of his business how they live their lives.

Bomani is just waiting his contract out so he can go and join LeBatard and Skipper’s liberal Outkick the Coverage.

The Celtics one is true though

Last line is what I'm talking about. Real shame cause you're a good poster too.

Celtics fans didn’t love Dennis Johnson, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett.
Okay.
They don’t love Tatum and Brown now?

The last line is a fact. Bomani is riding his contract out.
He wants to join up with LeBatard and skipper.
For the record I find Clay Travis to be one of the biggest morons in sports.
His Outkick the coverage is tailored to fans who agree with him and LeBatard left ESPN to do his own copying that template.

This is turning into an Off Topic thread real quick

Agree to disagree

Lot of people outing themselves for hating Bo
Outing themselves about what? I can't stand a narcissistic man who has never been wrong in his life. Colin Cowherd is also on my list. What of it?

Also, his general stance on Josh Allen as a QB is a little uncalled for.

As with anyone who is driving their opinion based on stirring things up and creating controversy, no thanks from me.

Why don't you just come out and say it instead of implying something that isn't even remotely true.

Last edited:

No. It isn't. Someone better tell non white athletes like Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, that they aren't welcome or popular. Someone better tell Senator Ed Brooke, a black man who won two senate races in Mass in 1966 and 1972 that he didn't win them. Someone better tell Deval Patrick that he didn't win two gov races in the last 10 years. Boston has had their problems with race. No question. Just like every other city in America. And when you have a history of those problems, people of color become more sensitive to what they see and feel. It is a tragedy for both the city of Boston and the state of Mass. But the Red Sox have become the most diverse team in all of baseball over the past 20 years (there is a lack of black baseball players in the game but that is not because they are being denied the right to play but because blacks, like whites have become bored by the game and are playing something else. Boston also had the first black coach in all of professional sports in Bill Russell. There are clearly morons in Boston. But the Celtic fans wanted a better player. That is all there was to it.

Non racists definitely have to list all the reasons they're not racist.

Outing themselves about what? I can't stand a narcissistic man who has never been wrong in his life. Colin Cowherd is also on my list. What of it?

Also, his general stance on Josh Allen as a QB is a little uncalled for.

As with anyone who is driving their opinion based on stirring things up and creating controversy, no thanks from me.

Why don't you just come out and say it instead of implying something that isn't even remotely true.

A lot of people hate a black man speaking his mind including a lot of tough race talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom