Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St

He’s gonna have 3 guys ahead of him just like he did last year - although you could argue the 3 this year are better than the 3 last year
If Quincy comes back, correct. If he wants playing time, it probably isn't going to happen next season.

If Quincy doesn't come back, and maybe the interest he was hoping for from the schools he was hoping for is not there, I could see him consider coming back. He would be part of the rotation and get a lot of playing time as the probable top backup at both forward positions.

It seemed like the relationship between JB and Woody was not great and might not be repairable. But it is not unheard of for JB and a player to have reached what looked like the breaking point and found a way to repair the relationship.

The same applies to Bobby. There is ample playing time to be had for 3 forwards. It would be great if the 3rd forward was Bobby, Woody or Quincy. Experience in our system is important.

If Quincy comes back, correct. If he wants playing time, it probably isn't going to happen next season.

If Quincy doesn't come back, and maybe the interest he was hoping for from the schools he was hoping for is not there, I could see him consider coming back. He would be part of the rotation and get a lot of playing time as the probable top backup at both forward positions.

It seemed like the relationship between JB and Woody was not great and might not be repairable. But it is not unheard of for JB and a player to have reached what looked like the breaking point and found a way to repair the relationship.

The same applies to Bobby. There is ample playing time to be had for 3 forwards. It would be great if the 3rd forward was Bobby, Woody or Quincy. Experience in our system is important.
I think if Jimmy comes, there is no way Woody thinks he will play over him

I’ve always thought JB does a pretty good job adjusting his coaching to the personalities and temperaments of the players. Not right away, though. Seems to take a year or so for him to get to know what buttons to push. In Buddy’s case, he already knows him. Has mentioned his lack of confidence. It could be what you see as favoritism is simply how JB feels he needs to be handled. We certainly have had players in the past who have been treated that way. Other kids, well, require other methods. You may be right. I just don’t see it that way.
Same way a parent raises kids with different personalities. Basic stuff.

I guess being able to shoot the ball is unathletic.
I mean... no? I guess I don't get it.

Shooting does not make them unathletic (it's all relative of course). Being below average athletically makes someone below average athletically. We have shooters that are not overly athletic. We've historically had plenty of athletes that cannot shoot. And many combinations in between.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom