Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St

Weird post from a weird guy.
It’s hilarious how up in arms you are about a party, I don’t agree with the party at all, but how overstated and how angry some of you are along with making these out to be bad kids but have no problem with gang bangs, knocking women out among many indiscretions by previous players is beyond comical. Then again, coming from a clown it should be expected.

To me, early in the year Woody was reminding me of the “typical” Syracuse forwards. A guy who could hit the 3, and finish with dunks. 6’7, pretty good athlete. That’s usually our wheelhouse. Seemed like a guy who could be like the Josephs, Fairs, Southerland, etc. down the road. Too bad. Hope we’re hitting the trails hard for 2022.

It’s hilarious how up in arms you are about a party, I don’t agree with the party at all, but how overstated and how angry some of you are along with making these out to be bad kids but have no problem with gang bangs, knocking women out among many indiscretions by previous players is beyond comical. Then again, coming from a clown it should be expected.
I never said they were bad kids. I said they behaved selfishly. Facts don’t care about your feelings as much as you want to cry them out to me and the whole board.

How many more days before Frank dips?

There’s no reason to compare the two. Two things can be alone bad. Having a party during the middle of a pandemic in which how many people have died and had their lives altered for good, is not good. What you’re mentioning is not good. We get it you’re mad woody is going, most of us are. Yall are acting like a bunch of middle school girls.

Guess not. Listen, I’ve been frustrated with Boeheim’s coaching decisions as well, but I’m trying to look at the bright side as hard as it may be some times. I go back to the old AOL Board and many iterations of Syracusefan.com and the one thing that has always been consistent is Boeheim does things his way and always will. I just hope he has one last run in him like I assume we all hope.
My reaction to Carey, Goodine, and Washington leaving last offseason was a complete 180 from this. Couldn’t have cared less.

These two can play.

Wait, college kids...had a party!?! They must be terrible human beings. Just stop with that crap. Jim has allowed players to play for him that have done WAY worse.
Let's test that HOF coaches judgement. Let me ask you, who is a better basketball player Kadary Richmond or Joe Girard?
It wasn’t just a party. It was a party in the middle of a pandemic and at least 50 people weren’t wearing masks. This jeopardized the health of everyone on campus, as well as the season. Why is this so difficult for some of you to grasp?

My reaction to Carey, Goodine, and Washington leaving last offseason was a complete 180 from this. Couldn’t have cared less.

These two can play.

Agreed. We just have to continue getting more kids who can play and I truly believe Benny, Cole and Symir can. I also think Frank can which is why I’ll be upset if he goes too.

Agreed. We just have to continue getting more kids who can play and I truly believe Benny, Cole and Symir can. I also think Frank can which is why I’ll be upset if he goes too.
Hope you’re right on Symir. That will be the biggest key to the season, IMO.

We lost our best point guard and haven’t come close to replacing him. How’s that for a fact?
Is that the Seton Hall pg?

Never heard of one.

I think it's safe to assume (no inside info) that the portal is a formality, but the process has been going on previous to him entering his name.
I have to agree. Def some back channeling going on but why not enter ASAP. You never know who will reach out to you once they see your available.

I have to agree. Def some back channeling going on but why not enter ASAP. You never know who will reach out to you once they see your available.

Don't know.

Maybe it's like when you are about to switch jobs - you never officially resign until you have a signed offer letter for the new gig. Maybe he has a few offers on the table now that he didn't last week.

Pure speculation. Maybe he was still talking it over with his family. Dunno.

To me, early in the year Woody was reminding me of the “typical” Syracuse forwards. A guy who could hit the 3, and finish with dunks. 6’7, pretty good athlete. That’s usually our wheelhouse. Seemed like a guy who could be like the Josephs, Fairs, Southerland, etc. down the road. Too bad. Hope we’re hitting the trails hard for 2022.

Problem is that those players you listed waited their turns. They played sparingly (to various degrees) in their early years, growing into full time starters and key cogs on some great teams. It appears that career track is no longer going to be normal in college basketball. Doesn't matter who the coach is, if a kid doesn't start and/or play big minutes right away, they will transfer. At least it appears that way.

CJ Fair played less minutes per game and started fewer games as a freshman than Kadary did, for example.

I'm not sure how a coaching staff is supposed to deal with this new environment, but it will not be easy. We will live to see the CJ Fairs of the world learn a little bit with us and then blossom into stars for other teams. By the same token, their CJ Fairs will blossom on our roster instead of where they started, I suppose.

he had to know where his landing spot was first

I'm guessing this kid's going back to the DMV. Probably one level down for a starter's role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom