WWE Thread | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

WrestleMania Backlash was last night. Apparently, the match of the night was a triple threat match between Lashley, McIntyre and Strowman. Lashley ended up pinning Strowman to retain the WWE title.

Roman Reigns beat Cesaro clean to keep the Universal title but Jey Uso and Seth Rollins both brutally attacked Cesaro after the match.

The Mysterios won the SmackDown Tag team titles to become the first father-son duo to hold the belts.

Rhea Ripley pinned Asuka to retain the Raw belt in a triple threat that also included Charlotte Flair. On the SmackDown side, Bianca Belair retained against Bayley.

The weirdest match of the night was a lumberjack match between Damian Priest and the Miz because the lumberjacks were zombies. Priest won the match and in a scene out of the Walking Dead, Miz and Morrison were both swallowed up by zombies. Just bizarre.

Hell in a Cell was announced as the next ppv on Father’s Day followed by Money in the Bank in July.

WrestleMania Backlash was last night. Apparently, the match of the night was a triple threat match between Lashley, McIntyre and Strowman. Lashley ended up pinning Strowman to retain the WWE title.

Roman Reigns beat Cesaro clean to keep the Universal title but Jey Uso and Seth Rollins both brutally attacked Cesaro after the match.

The Mysterios won the SmackDown Tag team titles to become the first father-son duo to hold the belts.

Rhea Ripley pinned Asuka to retain the Raw belt in a triple threat that also included Charlotte Flair. On the SmackDown side, Bianca Belair retained against Bayley.

The weirdest match of the night was a lumberjack match between Damian Priest and the Miz because the lumberjacks were zombies. Priest won the match and in a scene out of the Walking Dead, Miz and Morrison were both swallowed up by zombies. Just bizarre.

Hell in a Cell was announced as the next ppv on Father’s Day followed by Money in the Bank in July.
Yeah the zombie lumberjack match, I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that. Geez Vince

Yeah the zombie lumberjack match, I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that. Geez Vince
I got up and did something else for 15 minutes when I saw that coming. Ridiculous.

I thought Cesaro-Reigns was match of the night. Seems like they’re doing an injury angle with Cesaro. I hold out hope that he’ll have a triumphant return culminating in beating Reigna for the title, and theyre slow playing it to allow time for fans to return first. Would be a great story.

Thought the triple threat title match was also good.

Now that it’s on Peacock, it aoparently doesnt give you the “watch from the beginning” option? Terrible. I started watching when the Mysterios tag match(enjoyed it) was starting, so I missed some of the PPV.

Bayley-Bianca didn’t grab me because it was 100% obvious who would win.

I got up and did something else for 15 minutes when I saw that coming. Ridiculous.

I thought Cesaro-Reigns was match of the night. Seems like they’re doing an injury angle with Cesaro. I hold out hope that he’ll have a triumphant return culminating in beating Reigna for the title, and theyre slow playing it to allow time for fans to return first. Would be a great story.

Now that it’s on Peacock, it aoparently doesnt give you the “watch from the beginning” option? Terrible. I started watching when the Mysterios tag match(enjoyed it) was starting, so I missed some of the PPV.

Cesaro is not World Championship guy. He is a upper middle card guy.

I started watching during the Mysterios match also. I agree triple threat and Cesaro-Reigns were both good.

A lot of fans have complained about the Peacock functionality. It's supposed to have the start from beginning and other features that WWE Network had by Summerslam. The deal was obviously put together very fast and didn't leave much time for preparation.

I love the King of Swing but Vince will never give the guy a chance because fans love him.
Vince and his obsession with dropping first names is a joke.
Antonio Cesaro
Big E Langston
Mustafa Ali

He would never make John Cena become Cena.
Or make Roman Reigns become Reigns.
It’s sad how little I actually know about WWE.
I couldn’t tell you the IC or USA champ if you offered me money.

I started watching during the Mysterios match also. I agree triple threat and Cesaro-Reigns were both good.

A lot of fans have complained about the Peacock functionality. It's supposed to have the start from beginning and other features that WWE Network had by Summerslam. The deal was obviously put together very fast and didn't leave much time for preparation.
Yeah, while the content is exactly the same, the functionality is trash in pretty much every way compared to the old app. The setup to find old PPVs is nonsensical.

I love the King of Swing but Vince will never give the guy a chance because fans love him.
Vince and his obsession with dropping first names is a joke.
Antonio Cesaro
Big E Langston
Mustafa Ali

He would never make John Cena become Cena.
Or make Roman Reigns become Reigns.
It’s sad how little I actually know about WWE.
I couldn’t tell you the IC or USA champ if you offered me money.
I don’t see any blue chipper waiting in the wings to be elevated. Nobody that is ready to be the one to take the title off Reigns and be the guy.

So what else are they gonna do? Have one of the same old guys like Orton beat him or something? Nap time.

Cesaro is perfect. He’s beyond ready. And the story has already started. Just stick with it, and pull the trigger when the time is right.

I don’t see any blue chipper waiting in the wings to be elevated. Nobody that is ready to be the one to take the title off Reigns and be the guy.

So what else are they gonna do? Have one of the same old guys like Orton beat him or something? Nap time.

Cesaro is perfect. He’s beyond ready. And the story has already started. Just stick with it, and pull the trigger when the time is right.
Big E, Kevin Owens, Nakamura, Cesaro are all solid and never get a chance.
Hell when Kofi won they never gave him a real run he was booked weak.

Rollins has become trash because he has drinken the Vince kool aid and is a favorite of corporate which makes me not give a chit what he says.

Vince wants nobody to get over because he doesn’t want them to become too big and then leave him.
It’s why he 50/50 books everyone but his chosen pets.

Big E, Kevin Owens, Nakamura, Cesaro are all solid and never get a chance.
Hell when Kofi won they never gave him a real run he was booked weak.

Rollins has become trash because he has drinken the Vince kool aid and is a favorite of corporate which makes me not give a chit what he says.
Big E is ok. Not nearly as good in the ring as Cesaro IMO. Owens can be very good. I’m still kinda salty at how absurd his matches with Reigns were though. Nakamura doesn’t do much for me with all that kicking. It’s just a style thing that I don’t really get.

I’ve never really cared for Rollins solo.

Big E is ok. Not nearly as good in the ring as Cesaro IMO. Owens can be very good. I’m still kinda salty at how absurd his matches with Reigns were though. Nakamura doesn’t do much for me with all that kicking. It’s just a style thing that I don’t really get.

My problem is they just never give those guys a chance.
Vince talks about brass rings but its a lie.
He doesn’t want to build anyone up.

Heel Roman has saved his career but that isn’t what Vince wanted and he won’t be over when he goes face.

I agree with you. Cesaro deserves a chance but won’t get one. I don’t see Roman Reigns dropping the belt before WrestleMania and honestly it wouldn’t shock me if he had it for two more WrestleManias. Vince loves this family “head of the table” storyline. Roman will fight Jimmy Uso and have him fall in line like he did with his brother last year. Will eventually lead to a dream match with the Rock at WrestleMania. I don’t think Roman would lose though. The Rock will put him over so I don’t know who dethrones him and I’m guessing Vince doesn’t either right now.

Cesaro got buried last night. Destroyed clean in the ring, beaten up by Rollins afterwards. There's speculation he went in hurt. Regardless, they gave him nothing.

Looks like they're gonna elevate one of the Usos in a Family Feud scenario.

I think Cesaro's done in the title picture. It was as if Vince wanted to prove that Cesaro was unworthy.

Mission accomplished.

Nakamura was incredible in New Japan. Charisma for weeks. But I think he went to WWE just to cash a big paycheck, which is what he did. He has underperformed since he went there. He saw his golden parachute and he took it.

Cesaro got buried last night. Destroyed clean in the ring, beaten up by Rollins afterwards. There's speculation he went in hurt. Regardless, they gave him nothing.

Looks like they're gonna elevate one of the Usos in a Family Feud scenario.

I think Cesaro's done in the title picture. It was as if Vince wanted to prove that Cesaro was unworthy.

Mission accomplished.
You think? The match was like 50-50, and he kicked out of a bunch of Roman’s stuff, and had him in trouble multiple times. It was kindve a “if only his arm didn’t give out, he had him” situation IMO.

And then it took two guys attacking him after he just had a grueling match. I don’t see that as a burial. Rock used to eat pins and get lumped up after the matches all the time. I didn’t see it as a burial or Cesaro looking weak. We shall see though.

You think? The match was like 50-50, and he kicked out of a bunch of Roman’s stuff, and had him in trouble multiple times. It was kindve a “if only his arm didn’t give out, he had him” situation IMO.

And then it took two guys attacking him after he just had a grueling match. I don’t see that as a burial. Rock used to eat pins and get lumped up after the matches all the time. I didn’t see it as a burial or Cesaro looking weak. We shall see though.
The Rock could afford to take pins. He was strong no matter what, and building other stars only helped the promotion. Cesaro wasn't in that position and, based on last night, will never be.

Nobody thought he had a chance going into last night. I don't think anybody sees him as rising above the mid-card from this point on. Vince never saw what we see in him. I think this was just another FU to the masses from Vince. After all, it must be our fault that he can't build stars any more...

I agree with you. Cesaro deserves a chance but won’t get one. I don’t see Roman Reigns dropping the belt before WrestleMania and honestly it wouldn’t shock me if he had it for two more WrestleManias. Vince loves this family “head of the table” storyline. Roman will fight Jimmy Uso and have him fall in line like he did with his brother last year. Will eventually lead to a dream match with the Rock at WrestleMania. I don’t think Roman would lose though. The Rock will put him over so I don’t know who dethrones him and I’m guessing Vince doesn’t either right now.

To be fair to Roman he has been great as champion in his recent run. A good heel character that has yet to become stale and outstanding PPV matches over and over.

I wouldn't rush to take the title off him either.
That being said the problem with the WWE is they quickly take away any lustre off most unsuccessful challengers.

Some surprising cuts from WWE today. Per Dave Meltzer:

"Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Lana, Murphy, Ruby Riott and Santana Garrett have all been released."

The AE Biographies are a much worse, can't wait for the Bret the Hitman Hart one this Sunday.

Some surprising cuts from WWE today. Per Dave Meltzer:

"Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Lana, Murphy, Ruby Riott and Santana Garrett have all been released."

OMG Strowman ? Black was always under used but was just starting a feud with Kevin Owens.

Edit, much watch, dont know why that auto corrected.
Edit your edit: Must watch.

Although TBF, “Much watch” also works.

Only caught the Ultimate Warrior, a few days ago… by the end of that I had some saline-like liquid forming around my eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom