WWE Thread | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Ultimate Warrior vs. Goldberg...who had the better run?

Pretty similar in terms of strengths/weaknesses IMO.

That's a pretty good comparison. Two memorable runs that did not last long from wrestlers who had character appeal but not appeal in terms of technical wrestlers. Although I would say Warrior probably had better matches. Two guys who would probably not work (as regulars) with the over exposure today and the idiot marks. Neither guys who were particularly popular amongst their peers.

I could have certainly erred in my analysis of him as a wrestler (and that is the good thing about being confronted on ideas), but I think my main takeaway from the bio still stands. My conflict from the documentary come from the non wrestling side.

I got a bit emotional watching the reconciliation between individuals / groups who treated each other like crap and made up. That was a good story.

But as I said I was conflicted afterwards. He grew as a person in some regards, because a big part of his person was the deplorable comments he made ,,, and that was never reconciled or apologized for and the way it was explained away (he listened to talk radio) was disingenuous.

So if he is one of the few wrestlers that has a statue at WWE headquarters -- that I can live with from his memorable wrestling career.

But the Warrior Award. Look at the definition "exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who live life with the courage and compassion". It just doesn't work with me.

Kicked off the series with Stone Cold. Then Piper.. Macho Man.. Booker T.. HBK.. Warrior.. Mick. Hitman up next. Think I saw Cena and Rock follow.

Bret Hart is the last one.
There is no Rock or Cena.
There are reports they make more in the future.

I certainly enjoy Dark Side of the Ring as well. WWE does a nice job but of course will touch less on certain aspects in comparison to non-WWE programming.

Bret Hart is the last one.
There is no Rock or Cena.
There are reports they make more in the future.
Correct. I saw Cena and Rock listed on the A&E site after Hitman. Apparently, they are listed as shorts...
Screenshot_20210604-124157_Chrome.jpg

If you have a Samsung Smart TV, the Peacock app (WWE Network etc) is now available.

If you have a Samsung Smart TV, the Peacock app (WWE Network etc) is now available.
Of the last 3 times I’ve tried to use it, it has crashed on me and shut down within a few minutes two of those times. Not happy. Will definitely not be keeping it once that initial cheap trial is up, unless they upgrade it big time.

I don't like the way Peacock labels some of the WWE items. Makes it hard to figure out. Hope they plan on a large re-naming project.

I don't like the way Peacock labels some of the WWE items. Makes it hard to figure out. Hope they plan on a large re-naming project.
Agreed. It’s a train wreck, design wise. Makes zero sense.

If the WWE does sell to NBC, NBC seems to be doing some poor things already (for example network has been a mess).

The creative product of WWE is lacking, but other then that very important part of their business, the rest of of the business seems to have been run quite well (marketing, entertainment platforms, branding).

What does a Sale mean ? Would Vince and company still be in charge.
Depends on the terms of the sale. If I were buying WWE, I might show Vince the ratings trend and tell him we need to try some new creative directions.

The rumor going around now is Vince badly wants a Rock-Roman Reigns match next WrestleMania. His priority is to protect Reigns at all costs, which means making him look invincible and dominating every week. The amount of sneak attacks on him will be extremely limited if at all. I think Roman is a great heel, but having the belt on him for a year and a half (possibly more) is insane. It certainly weakens the rest of the A-listers on the roster and as a fan, there’s no suspense knowing this guy will win every match he’s in. But Vince gets what he wants and this has been his guy for years. As Stone Cold would say, that’s the bottom line.

The rumor going around now is Vince badly wants a Rock-Roman Reigns match next WrestleMania. His priority is to protect Reigns at all costs, which means making him look invincible and dominating every week. The amount of sneak attacks on him will be extremely limited if at all. I think Roman is a great heel, but having the belt on him for a year and a half (possibly more) is insane. It certainly weakens the rest of the A-listers on the roster and as a fan, there’s no suspense knowing this guy will win every match he’s in. But Vince gets what he wants and this has been his guy for years. As Stone Cold would say, that’s the bottom line.

Rock-Reigns would be better as a personal feud, not for the title. Stop putting special attraction part timers in title feuds.

Still want a returning Cesaro to take it off Reigns at sunmerslam. Reigns can then go on an especially brutal “Reign of terror”, culminating in The Rock returning to try to shut him down.

Rock-Reigns would be better as a personal feud, not for the title. Stop putting special attraction part timers in title feuds.

Still want a returning Cesaro to take it off Reigns at sunmerslam. Reigns can then go on an especially brutal “Reign of terror”, culminating in The Rock returning to try to shut him down.
I would love to see Cesaro win the belt but I don’t see it happening against Roman Reigns. After Summerslam, there’s another draft. Hopefully Cesaro gets to go to Raw and win the title there.

I think the only way Reigns loses the belt is if the Money in the Bank winner cashes in and pins his opponent while he’s incapacitated at ringside. This way, Reigns doesn’t actually take a defeat while still losing the belt and can then go on his “Reign of terror.”

Don’t know which way Vince will go with this. I’m hearing John Cena could come back to face Reigns at Summerslam. Also hearing rumblings of another Reigns-Lesnar feud. Even heard Reigns might slowly turn baby face again as that is how Vince always imagined him as the face of the company. Make us hate him so much that we’ll cheer him as a face.

Please no Cesaro. I'm a Paul Heyman guy but he was been in love with Cesaro. Tag Team secondary title guy. I'm waiting for the Reigns Rollins feud that should be Summerslam.

Please no Cesaro. I'm a Paul Heyman guy but he was been in love with Cesaro. Tag Team secondary title guy. I'm waiting for the Reigns Rollins feud that should be Summerslam.
Heyman is correct. Vince(and you) are wrong.

He’s a secondary title guy to you because that’s what he’s always been booked as. He’s got the goods and the fans know it. Vince has a long history of being a clown with guys like him.

Rollins sucks.

Last edited:
Thankful these PPVs in front of computer fans is over. I was about to watch Hell in a Cell, saw it was another PPV with that setup and turned it off.

Thankful these PPVs in front of computer fans is over. I was about to watch Hell in a Cell, saw it was another PPV with that setup and turned it off.
Didn’t watch it either but heard the McIntyre-Lashley match was good until the roll up pin at the end of the match. Apparently there were a few of them to end the matches that night.

Summerslam coming up soon. Reigns-Cena looks like a lock to happen. Reigns-Rock will probably be WrestleMania. Roman will beat both those guys. My prediction is McIntyre will be the one to finally defeat Roman. He’ll go on a bad losing streak the rest of the year to get the “Charlotte Flair” heat off of him. Be built up as a massive underdog next year and will finally get that pop he never got due to the Covid WrestleMania.

Didn’t watch it either but heard the McIntyre-Lashley match was good until the roll up pin at the end of the match. Apparently there were a few of them to end the matches that night.

Summerslam coming up soon. Reigns-Cena looks like a lock to happen. Reigns-Rock will probably be WrestleMania. Roman will beat both those guys. My prediction is McIntyre will be the one to finally defeat Roman. He’ll go on a bad losing streak the rest of the year to get the “Charlotte Flair” heat off of him. Be built up as a massive underdog next year and will finally get that pop he never got due to the Covid WrestleMania.
I pretty much hate all of that, lol.

Cena and Rock do not need to wrestle for the title. I can’t buy into it at all.

And Drew is good...but he is not even better than Sheamus, if we’re talking about veteran hosses, IMO.

I pretty much hate all of that, lol.

Cena and Rock do not need to wrestle for the title. I can’t buy into it at all.

And Drew is good...but he is not even better than Sheamus, if we’re talking about veteran hosses, IMO.
I don’t disagree with you. Cena and Rock aren’t necessary but Vince doesn’t have faith in most of his roster. Unless they are big and muscular and have good mic skills, odds are they aren’t winning a belt. (Lashley has MVP to talk for him so that negates his bad mic skills but most guys don’t get mouthpieces.) Take Cesaro for example. Probably the best pure wrestler on the roster but Vince won’t give him a belt because his mic skills are awful.

Heyman is correct. Vince(and you) are wrong.

He’s a secondary title guy to you because that’s what he’s always been booked as. He’s got the goods and the fans know it. Vince has a long history of being a clown with guys like him.

Rollins sucks.

Apollo Crews needs a opponent over the Intercontinental Title. Cesaro fits there.

How do they not do a Rock bio? He's probably the most famous wrestler ever.
Agreed. You know one will be coming at some point. Seems like their focus through the first set of episodes were guys a little bit older and out of wrestling. Rock will probably come back for another match against Reigns.

Agreed. You know one will be coming at some point. Seems like their focus through the first set of episodes were guys a little bit older and out of wrestling. Rock will probably come back for another match against Reigns.
7 of the 8 were older wrestlers. But Booker t? Is he that big of a star?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom