WWE Thread | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

You called it. Nikki ASH(Cross) cashed in her Money in the Bank contract and won the title tonight after another Flair-Ripley match. A 24 hour reign for Charlotte.

Not to mention, it could be a one-week reign for Nikki until Charlotte takes it back. Gotta break the record.

Man, this RAW. Bring back Keith Lee and destroy him. Bring up Karrion Cross and destroy him. Have a weapons match featuring musical instruments and destroy them ( there's something obscene about that to me). Bring back Cena and Goldberg on the SAME week.

If they wanted to underscore the fact that their main roster isn't worthy, they couldn't have done a better job.

I think this is Vince panicking in full view. He doesn't know how to respond to a legit competitor. Throw a lot of geriatric bleep at the wall.

E
Not to mention, it could be a one-week reign for Nikki until Charlotte takes it back. Gotta break the record.

Man, this RAW. Bring back Keith Lee and destroy him. Bring up Karrion Cross and destroy him. Have a weapons match featuring musical instruments and destroy them ( there's something obscene about that to me). Bring back Cena and Goldberg on the SAME week.

If they wanted to underscore the fact that their main roster isn't worthy, they couldn't have done a better job.

I think this is Vince panicking in full view. He doesn't know how to respond to a legit competitor. Throw a lot of geriatric bleep at the wall.
Vince doesn’t want to make stars anymore because he can’t control and own them. So he wants the brand of the WWE to bigger than the wrestlers and eventually the sugar pill of old timers won’t be there.

Charlotte is one of the few stars they have developed but all these title reigns in a short time is dumb.

Plus Cena is going to break Flair’s record as well.

Not surprised with a quick cash in. Every year one is the night of or shortly there after... and the other one generally is held onto for a while.

Cena to open Raw was expected. We knew Goldberg would be back per his 2 fight contract minimum but no need to do it on the same night.

Bringing back Keith Lee in front of fans in his home state was a good move. But to have him get crushed.. dumb. No reason for the NXT Champ Kross on Raw.. even dumber to have him lose in his Raw debut.

E

Vince doesn’t want to make stars anymore because he can’t control and own them. So he wants the brand of the WWE to bigger than the wrestlers and eventually the sugar pill of old timers won’t be there.

Charlotte is one of the few stars they have developed but all these title reigns in a short time is dumb.

Plus Cena is going to break Flair’s record as well.
I don't see it. He's there to boost business and to put people over. He shoehorns his WWE time into a busy movie schedule. I think I remember him saying that his goal now was to get other people over.

I don't see it. He's there to boost business and to put people over. He shoehorns his WWE time into a busy movie schedule. I think I remember him saying that his goal now was to get other people over.
Cena is at 15x champion. Flair is at
16x.

Cena will get atleast one more reign.
Like when Dwayne got the belt off CM Punk’s long reign just to pass it to Cena.

Cena is going to put over people but he has one more reign in him. They don’t get him that close to Flair and not get over or tie.

Cena is at 15x champion. Flair is at
16x.

Cena will get atleast one more reign.
Like when Dwayne got the belt off CM Punk’s long reign just to pass it to Cena.

Cena is going to put over people but he has one more reign in him. They don’t get him that close to Flair and not get over or tie.
You may be right. WWE announced the 'Summer Of Cena' today. 15 events. The press release:

The Summer of Cena has officially arrived

Remember when Cena used to trash The Rock for going Hollywood? Lol.

Orange football fans.. former Cuse linemen Omari Palmer will be wrestling live on NXT tonight. He goes by Odyssey Jones...

Orange football fans.. former Cuse linemen Omari Palmer will be wrestling live on NXT tonight. He goes by Odyssey Jones...
Y'know, former SU football player Quinn Ojinnaka (Moose) has carved out a real nice pro rasslin' career with Impact, formerly TNA. It's actually an excellent wrestling product now, long after TNA drove everybody away. Some more on Moose:

Moose

Y'know, former SU football player Quinn Ojinnaka (Moose) has carved out a real nice pro rasslin' career with Impact, formerly TNA. It's actually an excellent wrestling product now, long after TNA drove everybody away. Some more on Moose:

Moose
Yup, Moose has done well for himself. And yes, Impact has been on the rise. They were wise to "team" with AEW, etc. Comcast doesn't have AXS TV, so I haven't watched their show wire-to-wire. Just clips here and there...

Just watching something like this is why I say WWE is dead. I couldn’t see a crowd popping like this and this was WCW.
The commentary, story told and after the match stuff could never happen now.
Vince controls everything and people like CuseRunner eat up the crap he serves.

12 more WWE releases tonight. Brings the total up to 54 on the year. Bronson Reed is the big one of these NXT wrestlers. Triple H has to be POed with Nick Kahn for stripping NXT and Vince letting him.

Last edited:
12 more WWE releases tonight. Brings the total up to 54 on the year. Bronson Reed is the big one of these NXT wrestlers. Triple H has to be POed with Nick's Kahn for stripping NXT and Vince letting him.
Vince is old and bitter.
Nick Kahn is your typical executive/agent who only cares about getting his and doing what we he can to show his worth.
That type of snake isn’t popular inside companies but they know to work the people at the top.

WWE is clearly cutting payroll for profits. They clearly appear to be headed for sale.

Watch Disney / NBC and other giants figure out a deal to buy the company.
The product is beyond stale. The company clearly thinks it’s brand is the most important thing.

Fans wants to be invested in the product. Vince doesn’t want to invest in any performer he can’t control in the top spot. Crowds don’t matter to him.
I wish AEW could get more than ICW. They tell good stories and make matches matter.
Vince just wants to sell the same chit each week and rematches with 50/50 booking and horrible scripted promos.

Vince is old and bitter.
Nick Kahn is your typical executive/agent who only cares about getting his and doing what we he can to show his worth.
That type of snake isn’t popular inside companies but they know to work the people at the top.

WWE is clearly cutting payroll for profits. They clearly appear to be headed for sale.

The product is beyond stale. The company clearly thinks it’s brand is the most important thing.

Fans wants to be invested in the product. Vince doesn’t want to invest in any performer he can’t control in the top spot. Crowds don’t matter to him.
I wish AEW could get more than ICW. They tell good stories and make matches matter.
Vince just wants to sell the same chit each week and rematches with 50/50 booking and horrible scripted promos.
Don't forget to keep recycling legends when they need a boost

No wonder WWE fans in the seats go into business for themselves. They're telling Vince they don't like the product. Vince doubles down and makes a point of not giving the people what they want.

No wonder WWE fans in the seats go into business for themselves. They're telling Vince they don't like the product. Vince doubles down and makes a point of not giving the people what they want.
It appears the Chicago crowd really chit on Oldberg and the constant need to make him a superhero. When he can’t wrestle a 10 minute match and his promos are the same old chit every time.

Big E should be a star but he is stuck on Smackdown waiting as they can’t have Roman Reigns lose.
They have talented women they can’t let develop good mic skills. The scripts are so bad and lifeless.
AEW when the debut Punk and Bryan need to nail those storylines.
They will get cross over viewers make those shows stacked to get new growth.

WWE is going to continue to leak oil. They rely on kids being morons and easily manipulated and fans like CuseRunner who will like whatever Vince wants.

Vince is old and bitter.

The only thing I don't get with this idea is they're cutting a lot of guys who don't make much money.

Bray and Braun, I get that, I think they were on 7 figure downsides. But I can't imagine cutting a bunch if NXT people makes the payroll that much lower, and makes you that much more attractive to NBC. (Who would have to be the favorite to buy the company I would imagine)

I guess I will slightly defend them and say they did have way too many people under contract.

The only thing I don't get with this idea is they're cutting a lot of guys who don't make much money.

Bray and Braun, I get that, I think they were on 7 figure downsides. But I can't imagine cutting a bunch if NXT people makes the payroll that much lower, and makes you that much more attractive to NBC. (Who would have to be the favorite to buy the company I would imagine)

I guess I will slightly defend them and say they did have way too many people under contract.
I agree. But WWE went on that signing spree specifically to kill AEW in its infancy. Now they're probably hoping that Tony signs too many more of the cast-offs to bloat a close-to-overstuffed roster. I really hope Tony takes a breath, and gives more time for his up-and-comers to develop. Still not sure why he hired Big Show and Mark Henry.

I agree. But WWE went on that signing spree specifically to kill AEW in its infancy. Now they're probably hoping that Tony signs too many more of the cast-offs to bloat a close-to-overstuffed roster. I really hope Tony takes a breath, and gives more time for his up-and-comers to develop. Still not sure why he hired Big Show and Mark Henry.
I haven't listened yet but I saw a Corny podcast episode discussing should AEW add another program so they don't end up burying all the new talent they will have, so they can continue to develop and showcase storylines

It appears the Chicago crowd really chit on Oldberg and the constant need to make him a superhero. When he can’t wrestle a 10 minute match and his promos are the same old chit every time.

Big E should be a star but he is stuck on Smackdown waiting as they can’t have Roman Reigns lose.
They have talented women they can’t let develop good mic skills. The scripts are so bad and lifeless.
AEW when the debut Punk and Bryan need to nail those storylines.
They will get cross over viewers make those shows stacked to get new growth.

WWE is going to continue to leak oil. They rely on kids being morons and easily manipulated and fans like CuseRunner who will like whatever Vince wants.
I don't have a problem with keeping Roman Reigns powerful. I am not a fan of much flip flopping at the top, and I am a fan of a strong champion. By WWE standards, the World Heavyweight title storyline and matches have been actually quite solid since the Covid break in March 2020 in my view. But everything else is garbage because they cannot built an upper mid card or keep people strong when they are out of the top title picture (or don't give a crap about them until they get in the title storyline). And the storylines / promo / burying are cringy.

The diminishing of the secondary titles, which is not something new, also hurts in this regard.

If I look at AEW recently you know that they will not have Kenny Omega lose for a while. And even though he has been in recent matches where you know the contender is 98% likely to lose, it doesn't crush the contender after they lose.

I haven't listened yet but I saw a Corny podcast episode discussing should AEW add another program so they don't end up burying all the new talent they will have, so they can continue to develop and showcase storylines

AEW has a new show starting this Friday. AEW Rampage - not sure if I will get it in Canada.

I do hope the less stacked TV show will result in the correction of the few faults that AEW has (and it should I think)
- Constant post match group run ins to get people on TV and a few too many "groups" to keep people visible.

I don't have a problem with keeping Roman Reigns powerful. I am not a fan of much flip flopping at the top, and I am a fan of a strong champion. By WWE standards, the World Heavyweight title storyline and matches have been actually quite solid since the Covid break in March 2020 in my view. But everything else is garbage because they cannot built an upper mid card or keep people strong when they are out of the top title picture (or don't give a crap about them until they get in the title storyline). And the storylines / promo / burying are cringy.

The diminishing of the secondary titles, which is not something new, also hurts in this regard.

If I look at AEW recently you know that they will not have Kenny Omega lose for a while. And even though he has been in recent matches where you know the contender is 98% likely to lose, it doesn't crush the contender after they lose.
The secondary titles is the problem

There are far too many lower level title belts and champs, that change hands so frequently, they have become meaningless.

Give me a strong IC, an exciting tag team, maybe a Euro or US Champ, and obvious a women's champ.

No need to be more than seven-eight belts in whole promotion. And they need to not flip them every month.

Saw this on Twitter...

Holy crap does tonight's WOR open with the bleakest possible NXT news. Nothing that will shock anyone based on this week but Dave clearly has first-hand details he didn't yesterday and...oh boy. Dave says HHH and HBK did not pick the NXT cuts. Vince, Prichard and Laurenaitis did. NXT lost the war and they're going to change, back toward an older style of development. Big guys, young guys. Dave says there are divisive opinions about wrestling among the people in WWE and this is who has Vince's ear this week. They're going back to pre-fighting AEW, pre-"Let's out indie the indies" NXT, Dave says the Curtis Axel era of NXT. Dave was given exact wording, doesn't say from who but seems like a company source or memo. Reads it off. "No more midgets. No one starting in their 30s. They want people who can be box office attractions and main characters." To be clear, that quoted part in the previous tweet is the thing from a source Dave read off. The LITERAL WORDING was "No more midgets". WOO WE'RE TURNING THE CLOCKS BACK 20 YEARS BABY. Dave notes there will always be exceptions to the rule, like how WWE still wants to keep Adam Cole, who is in fact not tall. As for Adam Cole, Dave assumes part of the meeting they had with him Friday at Smackdown was to offer him a main roster spot if he stays. Main brand writers have been told to come up with storyline ideas for him. Dave: "Kind of the line has been 'When they get to NXT we have to teach them not to do indie style, and then when they come to the main roster we have to teach them not to work NXT style". Dave also thinks we haven't seen the last of the cuts. When Bryan finishes off talk of this week's releases, he says he hopes that's it when it comes to cuts, Dave says "I doubt it's it. Everyone is kinda talking like it's not going to be it."

Saw this on Twitter...

Holy crap does tonight's WOR open with the bleakest possible NXT news. Nothing that will shock anyone based on this week but Dave clearly has first-hand details he didn't yesterday and...oh boy. Dave says HHH and HBK did not pick the NXT cuts. Vince, Prichard and Laurenaitis did. NXT lost the war and they're going to change, back toward an older style of development. Big guys, young guys. Dave says there are divisive opinions about wrestling among the people in WWE and this is who has Vince's ear this week. They're going back to pre-fighting AEW, pre-"Let's out indie the indies" NXT, Dave says the Curtis Axel era of NXT. Dave was given exact wording, doesn't say from who but seems like a company source or memo. Reads it off. "No more midgets. No one starting in their 30s. They want people who can be box office attractions and main characters." To be clear, that quoted part in the previous tweet is the thing from a source Dave read off. The LITERAL WORDING was "No more midgets". WOO WE'RE TURNING THE CLOCKS BACK 20 YEARS BABY. Dave notes there will always be exceptions to the rule, like how WWE still wants to keep Adam Cole, who is in fact not tall. As for Adam Cole, Dave assumes part of the meeting they had with him Friday at Smackdown was to offer him a main roster spot if he stays. Main brand writers have been told to come up with storyline ideas for him. Dave: "Kind of the line has been 'When they get to NXT we have to teach them not to do indie style, and then when they come to the main roster we have to teach them not to work NXT style". Dave also thinks we haven't seen the last of the cuts. When Bryan finishes off talk of this week's releases, he says he hopes that's it when it comes to cuts, Dave says "I doubt it's it. Everyone is kinda talking like it's not going to be it."
So who are they gonna push? Odyssey Jones is young and big. Might be a huge opportunity for him.

Besides trying to recruit, train, and fill a roster with big, young guys, they are going to need guys with personality and an ability to work the mic

Saw this on Twitter...

I don’t want more Batistas.

I also don’t want more Seth Rollins’s.

Where are the Bret Harts? The Curt Hennigs? The Chris Benoits(solely talking ring work and style of wrestling obv.)? The mid size guys who know how to sell and have believable offense, and put on matches that are both entertaining and feel “realistic”? Why does nobody wrestle like that anymore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom