WWE Thread | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

7 of the 8 were older wrestlers. But Booker t? Is he that big of a star?
The Rock certainly has more star power than any of wrestlers thus far. I'm just guessing they are waiting until the Rock is all the way out of the ring. Booker T got pretty big after WCW was bought out and he got a huge push. Still not Rock level though.

Two perplexing things on Smackdown this week. First, Zelina Vega was brought back only to have her lose her first match back to Liv Morgan. What is the point of her return? Second, looks like Baron Corbin is about to turn face. He has been a great heel the past few years, one of the best in the business. He had that natural go away heat. Will be interesting to see what he can do as a face as he hasn’t been one since his NXT days.

Hot take: 2 Cold Scorpio was a better high flyer than any of these new flippy kicks guys.

RIP. At least he made it to a more “normal age” to pass unlike so many from his era.

His WWF run is just a little before my time. I remember him from his “Pretty Wonderful” tag team in WCW with Paul Roma.
He is actually one of my very first memories. I think Mr Wonderful/Hogan vs Big John Studd/King Kong Bundy was the first WWF Match I ever saw as I was channel flipping one day as a kid.

Last edited:
RIP. At least he made it to a more “normal age” to pass unlike so many from his era.

His WWF run is just a little before my time. I remember him from his “Pretty Wonderful” tag team in WCW with Paul Roma.

Sorta. He was suffering from dementia his last few years. His family attributed it to the unprotected blows he absorbed, not only in pro rasslin', but also as a college football player and a 'pit fighter', which was an early form of MMA.

I saw him wrestle for Joel Goodhart's promotion at Temple University vs Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy, who died much earlier than Orndorff.

Vince's music hit to open Smackdown and he got a good pop in front of a full house (Houston, TX). He said, "Where the hell have you been?" and walked to the back. Now it's Roman...

Vince's music hit to open Smackdown and he got a good pop in front of a full house (Houston, TX). He said, "Where the hell have you been?" and walked to the back. Now it's Roman...

Yeah I would have thought Vince would have something a little better than that. But he's pretty rough to look at anymore, so it's not a bad thing it was a quick in and out. The live crowd does make a difference for sure.

Thought it was just my internet or Roku or something, but went to Twitter and see that peacock is down for everybody. What a joke. I’m canceling and I ain’t coming back. It’s hard to find anything, crashes all the time...and can’t even stream a PPV? I’m out.

Yeah.. talk about terrible timing... right as the entrants for the men's MIB match were about to be introduced. I turned it off, tried it again 20 or so minutes later, and it was working again without any glitches. They definitely have some kinks to still work out.. not to mention better organization on Peacock.

SummerSlam main event is now set by the way.

Yeah.. talk about terrible timing... right as the entrants for the men's MIB match were about to be introduced. I turned it off, tried it again 20 or so minutes later, and it was working again without any glitches. They definitely have some kinks to still work out.. not to mention better organization on Peacock.

SummerSlam main event is now set by the way.
Yeah, eventually I tried again, and got to watch the main event.

That Cena pop was something else. That little kid jumping up and down was awesome.

Yeah, eventually I tried again, and got to watch the main event.

That Cena pop was something else. That little kid jumping up and down was awesome.
Cena-Roman
Edge-Rollins
Mysterios-Usos

Pat McAfee isn't for everyone, but I've enjoyed him in this new role commentating.

Love the shot he took at Peacock...
"His (Edge's) eyes, fluttering like Peacock."

I wonder what Vince says to him. Hopefully it's not, "You're fired!"

Edit:
Cole said, "Oh my God! Oh my God! Cena is here!" And I'm pretty sure Pat said, "Where?"

Last edited:
My thoughts on MITB.

-Definitely the best WWE ppv of the year so far. Having fans there probably played a big part in that.

- Heard the stream was terrible. Watched it a few hours later so glitches were gone by then but NBC needs to step it up.

- Great men’s MITB match. Big E was the right guy to win. Not sure who he will attempt to cash in on but there should be a solid build up for a while which he deserves. Owens, Rollins, Ricochet and Morrison were great in the match as well. McIntyre was great too but good decision with Jinder Mahal “kidnapping” him. He has too much go away heat right now. I like the guy and think he’ll win a title again but he needs to be out of the title picture for a while to keep the fans on his side.

- Women’s MITB was ok. Would have been ok with most of the women winning. Not sure if Nikki ASH will successfully cash in or not. All previous winners have cashed in successfully. Could be time for the first unsuccessful women’s cash in.

- Not sure what to make of Charlotte Flair as champ again. I’m guessing Becky Lynch will come back and win the title from her. Feel bad for Rhea as she didn’t have any buildup for her character. She came in from NXT and immediately won the title. Should have been a slower buildup for her. Hopefully she doesn’t get the Bazler treatment.

- Lashley dominated Kofi which was the right move to make him look stronger. I’m hearing Goldberg will be Lashley’s next challenger at Summerslam. Goldberg has a minimum two match contract per year so here he comes again.

- Solid main event. Edge obviously wasn’t going to win but he puts on great matches. His match with Rollins at Summerslam should be fantastic. Cena got a huge pop as expected after the match. I expect he’ll put Roman over and lose cleanly at Summerslam and we can start building to the inevitable Rock-Reigns WrestleMania match.

- Not surprised at the tag team outcomes. The Usos being champs helps strengthen Roman. Wouldn’t be surprised if Tamina eventually wins the women’s SmackDown title and joins the stable. Not sure what the plan is for AJ Styles and Omos but as usual the tag team divisions are weak. Could be worse though as I completely forgot there is an Intercontinental and US title. They are complete afterthoughts which is sad.

My thoughts on MITB.

-Definitely the best WWE ppv of the year so far. Having fans there probably played a big part in that.

- Heard the stream was terrible. Watched it a few hours later so glitches were gone by then but NBC needs to step it up.

- Great men’s MITB match. Big E was the right guy to win. Not sure who he will attempt to cash in on but there should be a solid build up for a while which he deserves. Owens, Rollins, Ricochet and Morrison were great in the match as well. McIntyre was great too but good decision with Jinder Mahal “kidnapping” him. He has too much go away heat right now. I like the guy and think he’ll win a title again but he needs to be out of the title picture for a while to keep the fans on his side.

- Women’s MITB was ok. Would have been ok with most of the women winning. Not sure if Nikki ASH will successfully cash in or not. All previous winners have cashed in successfully. Could be time for the first unsuccessful women’s cash in.

- Not sure what to make of Charlotte Flair as champ again. I’m guessing Becky Lynch will come back and win the title from her. Feel bad for Rhea as she didn’t have any buildup for her character. She came in from NXT and immediately won the title. Should have been a slower buildup for her. Hopefully she doesn’t get the Bazler treatment.

- Lashley dominated Kofi which was the right move to make him look stronger. I’m hearing Goldberg will be Lashley’s next challenger at Summerslam. Goldberg has a minimum two match contract per year so here he comes again.

- Solid main event. Edge obviously wasn’t going to win but he puts on great matches. His match with Rollins at Summerslam should be fantastic. Cena got a huge pop as expected after the match. I expect he’ll put Roman over and lose cleanly at Summerslam and we can start building to the inevitable Rock-Reigns WrestleMania match.

- Not surprised at the tag team outcomes. The Usos being champs helps strengthen Roman. Wouldn’t be surprised if Tamina eventually wins the women’s SmackDown title and joins the stable. Not sure what the plan is for AJ Styles and Omos but as usual the tag team divisions are weak. Could be worse though as I completely forgot there is an Intercontinental and US title. They are complete afterthoughts which is sad.

I didn’t turn it on until like halfway through because I wasn’t home, and then it glitched and made the men’s ladder match unwatchable. But I enjoyed the women’s title match, the main event, and even the Lashley squash.

People complain about Charlotte winning so often, but I don’t. I think she’s arguably been the best all around performer in the company the last 5 years, man or woman. She puts on great matches and is charismatic. She can win the title 100 times for all I care. By the way, where has Sasha Banks been the last few months? I don’t watch the weekly shows, but I don’t recall seeing her on any PPVs lately.

I hope Lashley squashes Goldberg too. Goldberg’s comeback was cool...for one or two matches. Times up now though, IMO. I’m enjoying Lashley’s run.

Edge is the rare old guy that I enjoy having back because his run was cut short, and because he’s all in. I don’t much care for Rollins, but I could see him having a great feud with Edge.

The Cena pop was amazing, but - and I’ve posted this before - I hate the idea of him coming back to a title match, and same with Rock. Those special attraction matches don’t need the title, and shouldn’t be for the title. Build some new full time guys up for those title matches.

The Cena pop was amazing, but - and I’ve posted this before - I hate the idea of him coming back to a title match, and same with Rock. Those special attraction matches don’t need the title, and shouldn’t be for the title. Build some new full time guys up for those title matches.
I agree on that point. There’s no need for part timers and special guest stars to be put into a title match. It ruins the match a little because you know those guys aren’t going to win. Only way Cena or Rock win the title is if Big E cashes in right after the match. A non-title match and who knows what the outcome will be. Makes it that much more exciting.

Cena is a good dude and gave a crap.
His character sucked because Vince made it suck.
But Cena did a ton of Make-A-Wishes and busted his ass for 10 years.
He just had a terrible annoying character that got the HHH golden shovel because wanted to market him to kids.

I respect Cena.

I haven’t watched the product enough now to have a fair take on Reigns. He seems like a guy Vince ruined as well anointing him before the crowd accepted it.

The Road To Wrestlemania has already featured Edge. Coming up: Cena, Goldberg, Lesnar, and The Rock. Retreads all, because WWE can't build new stars.

Except for Becky Lynch who, thankfully, returns soon.

I DO mind Charlotte winning. Because the gimmick is she's gonna break Ric Flair's streak. So, she wins, then loses, then wins again...the title changes mean nothing.

One more thing: The Usos winning proves that DWI's, and I mean, serious DWI's, don't count.

The Road To Wrestlemania has already featured Edge. Coming up: Cena, Goldberg, Lesnar, and The Rock. Retreads all, because WWE can't build new stars.

Except for Becky Lynch who, thankfully, returns soon.

I DO mind Charlotte winning. Because the gimmick is she's gonna break Ric Flair's streak. So, she wins, then loses, then wins again...the title changes mean nothing.

One more thing: The Usos winning proves that DWI's, and I mean, serious DWI's, don't count.
Lesnar could be good if they put him against Lashley, which fans have been waiting on for years. However, I hear rumors that Vince really wants another Lesnar-Reigns feud because of the Heyman situation. Vince doesn’t want Lashley weakening Lesnar’s image. Smh. Guy always seems to do the opposite of what the fans want to see.

So Goldberg will beat Lashley at Summerslam and then Big E will cashin on Goldberg.

So Goldberg will beat Lashley at Summerslam and then Big E will cashin on Goldberg.
Doesn’t make sense to build Lashley up this strong just to have him lose to Goldberg.

You called it. Nikki ASH(Cross) cashed in her Money in the Bank contract and won the title tonight after another Flair-Ripley match. A 24 hour reign for Charlotte.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom