WWE Thread | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I don’t want more Batistas.

I also don’t want more Seth Rollins’s.

Where are the Bret Harts? The Curt Hennigs? The Chris Benoits(solely talking ring work and style of wrestling obv.)? The mid size guys who know how to sell and have believable offense, and put on matches that are both entertaining and feel “realistic”? Why does nobody wrestle like that anymore?

Best guy like that now is Danielson. (honestly he might be the best guy like that ever) And WWE basically pushed him away

Raw's on in a half-hour. Literally all that's announced for the show are three talking segments--Randy Orton to kick it off upon his return, Charlotte, um talking, and Lashley, um responding, to Goldberg.

Gee, I wonder how much, you know, wrestling, will be on tonight's show...and whether or not any of the matches are new matches.

Raw's on in a half-hour. Literally all that's announced for the show are three talking segments--Randy Orton to kick it off upon his return, Charlotte, um talking, and Lashley, um responding, to Goldberg.

Gee, I wonder how much, you know, wrestling, will be on tonight's show...and whether or not any of the matches are new matches.
I’ll be watching last week’s Dynamite instead. WWE is so incredibly washed. Thought maybe they’d come out guns blazing when fans came back. Nope.

Vince turns 76 next week.

Vince turns 76 next week.

Or does he???

Dave Meltzer tells a hilarious story of talking to Vince in like 1991 (I don't remember the exact years/ages, I think I have it right here, but whatever) and Vince mentions to Dave his birthday is coming up soon, and Dave asks how old he is going to be. And Vince says "either 45 or 46." And Dave is like "...well were you born in 1945 or 1946?" "1945" "So you'll be 46" "I guess I will"

Vince is a weird guy is what Im trying to say

I just can’t take all the flips. WHY do they have to flip on every single move? It’s so STUPID. It wouldn’t even make it hurt more.

Watching nothing but old Arn Anderson and Greg Valentine matches going forward.

That's not great when Summerslam is an "all hands on deck" event and I still have little to no interest in paying $5 to watch it. I think my wrestling interest days are winding down.

Watching Bobby Lashley on Broken Skull Sessions. Really interesting guy.

Shame they ended Hurt Business. Really good ideas and good stable.

That's not great when Summerslam is an "all hands on deck" event and I still have little to no interest in paying $5 to watch it. I think my wrestling interest days are winding down.
I was thinking how 10 years ago was when the Punk angle made things really interesting, and how nothing really happens anymore and how boring things are.

And then I see this on YouTube...they’re trying to use what happened 10 years ago to make this Summerslam more interesting, lol.

The WWE sure knows how to kill a huge pop

Becky Lynch comes back, crowd goes wild.
Then they have her burying a young star in 10 seconds disappointing and taking the buzz out of the crowd.

No problem with Lynch winning, but couldn't they have had an actual match to continue to rev the crowd.

The WWE sure knows how to kill a huge pop

Becky Lynch comes back, crowd goes wild.
Then they have her burying a young star in 10 seconds disappointing and taking the buzz out of the crowd.

No problem with Lynch winning, but couldn't they have had an actual match to continue to rev the crowd.
What happened to Banks?

The equivalent would have been CM Punk walking in on Darby Allin last night, getting a huge pop (which would have been fine up to that point) and then beating him in 8 seconds. Total nonsense.

The Crowd was actually pretty hot tonight, and it was a decent show.

It's now dead -- moments after a surprise return of one of your biggest stars.
Only the WWE can accomplish this.

EDIT - To be fair no one may have been excited for Mahal anyway. So it may have been dead even if they had a good Lynch-Belair match.

What happened to Banks?
There had been questions as to whether she could compete as she had missed a couple of shows.

Although I'm glad that Becky Lynch is back, beating Bianca Belair in 26 seconds was BS. She had really become someone the fans supported, and she's portrayed as a total loser tonight.

My guess? Becky's not yet in ring shape. WWE had continued, right up until literally the last minute, to promote Banks-Belair, which they should not have done.

Their solution? Put Becky over quick. Very disappointing. Especially after they promised 'to blow the roof off the place'.

I've been underwhelmed so far. There are such long lulls in WWE matches before all the 'near-falls'. As in that Sheamus/Priest match.

BTW, it can't be asked often enough: Who is in charge of WWE costuming? That outfit that Dominick Misterio was wearing tonight defied belief.

There had been questions as to whether she could compete as she had missed a couple of shows.

Although I'm glad that Becky Lynch is back, beating Bianca Belair in 26 seconds was BS. She had really become someone the fans supported, and she's portrayed as a total loser tonight.

My guess? Becky's not yet in ring shape. WWE had continued, right up until literally the last minute, to promote Banks-Belair, which they should not have done.

Their solution? Put Becky over quick. Very disappointing. Especially after they promised 'to blow the roof off the place'.

I've been underwhelmed so far. There are such long lulls in WWE matches before all the 'near-falls'. As in that Sheamus/Priest match.

BTW, it can't be asked often enough: Who is in charge of WWE costuming? That outfit that Dominick Misterio was wearing tonight defied belief.

Glad Lynch is back, but it's stupid not to try to benefit from her trying to chase for the title. Months of programming just wasted and they buried someone in the progress.

Should have been able to come up with something "heelish" for Banks to get out of the match or even announce "private medical issues" a few days in advance which is always a convenient out in the Covid era that will not disappoint anyone.

I really wish they’d get away from having 2 champions. It makes no sense.

WWE champion
Intercontinental champ
Tag champs

For both the men and the women.

I just HATE all the posing for the crowd.

It's the kind of match that a lot of people love, and these guys are working so hard. But I think it's gone past its expiration date. Too long.

Hey, false finishes and kicking out of finishers! How epic!
Can't criticize their effort. They definitely wanted to have a classic, and I think a lot of people will consider it a classic. I just think that it was a bit ponderous until the end. Too many dead spots. But others MMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom