WWE Thread | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

WWE running scared and had to bring back Becky/Brock in one night.

According to Dave Meltzer, WWE had a long-term plan culminating in Brock vs. Reigns--in 2023.

Needless to say, that timetable has been moved up. They've got Lesnar and The Rock--and then what? They haven't built up anybody on their own roster as a future star.

So, yes, they're running scared. And Vince is not getting any younger. Looks like they're gonna sign that Olympian, and hope he becomes a star almost immediately...

WWE running scared and had to bring back Becky/Brock in one night.
Brock probably has the same stipulations in his contract about limited number of appearance and length of matches, so good luck building anything exciting with him.

I suspect in the next 3-4 months WWE will steal one of the fresh big names from AEW with a really big money offer. Then try to quickly bury them. So Vince.

I suspect in the next 3-4 months WWE will steal one of the fresh big names from AEW with a really big money offer. Then try to quickly bury them. So Vince.
That's a good point. Still can't believe how much money Vince flushed down the toilet with WCW because of his ego not realizing they are the same team now.

From an interview Nick Khan did this weekend. No words...

Whether Raw would benefit to being reduced to two hours:

"From my point of view, Raw would benefit from being four hours, so we would get paid more money. And Smacksown would be eight hours. But I understand that our creative folks, as amazing as they are, there's only so much great content they can do on a weekly basis. So we're good with three and two system."

"From my point of view, Raw would benefit from being four hours, so we would get paid more money. And Smacksown would be eight hours. But I understand that our creative folks, as amazing as they are, there's only so much great content they can do on a weekly basis. So we're good with three and two system."
Of course it would benefit being reduced to two hours. Things won’t change as long as Vince is in charge. It’s his way or no way. I’m glad CM Punk is in AEW because that forced Vince to bring out Lesnar and hopefully the Reigns-Lesnar feud is over quickly. He wanted them to main event WrestleMania 2023. 2023! Roman Reigns is doing great but would Vince really have him hold onto the Universal belt for three years? That’s insane and doesn’t allow any of the up and comers to shine.

Other than Reigns, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch and the old timer veterans, Vince doesn’t know what to do with everyone else, especially after they drop a title. I fear Lashley will be relegated to the mid card and be forgotten once he finally drops the belt. Bianca Belair was given the Kofi Kingston treatment. And don’t get me started on what Vince is doing to NXT.

This guy is a clown and is going to ruin WWE. Clearly has no idea about wrestling.

This guy is a clown and is going to ruin WWE. Clearly has no idea about wrestling.

He is actually a fairly accomplished corporate executive and is not a clown if used properly (i.e. outside of wrestling operations). He is good deal maker that has brokered some very solid deals for the WWE that have ensured its success from a revenue perspective for a number of years moving forward despite what they are doing now. It buys them time to figure out this mess / hopefully clean house in terms of wrestling operations (in a different way then they have been doing) / ouster Vince.

That being said it now appears that Vince is using him more in wrestling operations which appears to be a complete miss.

Last edited:
He is actually a fairly accomplished corporate executive and is not a clown if used properly (i.e. outside of wrestling operations). He is good deal maker that has brokered some very solid deals for the WWE that have ensured its success from a revenue perspective for a number of years moving forward despite what they are doing now. It buys them time to figure out this mess / hopefully clean house in terms of wrestling operations (in a different way then they have been doing) / ouster Vince.

That being said it now appears that Vince is using him more in wrestling operations which appears to be a complete miss.

Yes sorry i need to clarify. He should be involved in non-wrestling stuff only. That is the issue.

I'm not sure Nick Khan is really being used in wrestling decision making? Vince is going to be the final say until the day he dies, and even then, maybe still him

I'm not sure Nick Khan is really being used in wrestling decision making? Vince is going to be the final say until the day he dies, and even then, maybe still him
Yup

It's Vince and John Laurinaitis who are running ... Ruining things.

I can't believe HHH and in a way Steph have been pushed aside

They need Shane to get involved behind the scenes

Nick Khan is just handling PR interviews and negotiates sponsorship and media deals.
He isn’t calling the shots on wrestlers.

Vince calls the shots and listens to Ace and Brother Love who tell him what he wants to hear.

Nick Khan is a typical agent.
He cares about the money. More hours on TV means more TV money.
The TV deals are why WWE doesn’t care about the fans likes and dislikes.

Until they expire Vince doesn’t have to worry and if they continue suck like they have he can just sell.

Yup

It's Vince and John Laurinaitis who are running ... Ruining things.

I can't believe HHH and in a way Steph have been pushed aside

They need Shane to get involved behind the scenes
Steph hasn’t been pushed aside.
She is brand COO.
Triple H has been pushed aside.

Steph hasn’t been pushed aside.
She is brand COO.
Triple H has been pushed aside.
It's a shame. HHH and Paul Heyman should have a big say. Look at Heyman, started ECW and has remained in wrestling and is a great character that continues to adapt to the times and deliver.

It's a shame. HHH and Paul Heyman should have a big say. Look at Heyman, started ECW and has remained in wrestling and is a great character that continues to adapt to the times and deliver.
And the big names want to work with Heyman at WWE, no one else

You may have missed it, but WWE sources are reporting that, wait for it, they're planning to turn Becky heel.

Those who don't learn from history...
They know she is going to get cheered so they want her to chit on the fans.
Simple Vince reaction.

If she is obnoxious heel like a Connor McGregory she will get cheered.

It must be a character flaw of cosmic proportions, but Vince simply refuses to give the people what they want. He not only doesn't give the people what they want, he often goes out of his way to give people what they DON'T want.

Tony Khan gives the people what they want. It's perhaps the key reason why AEW is on such a sharp upswing while WWE keeps hemorrhaging viewers and fans.

Not that difficult.

Last edited:
I thought I had heard that Nick Khan played a significant role in NXT restructuring ( I listen to a few podcasts SNME and Post Wrestling based in Toronto).
I could have certainly heard wrong.

I thought I had heard that Nick Khan played a significant role in NXT restructuring ( I listen to a few podcasts SNME and Post Wrestling based in Toronto).
I could have certainly heard wrong.
Nick Khan is a corporate weasel.
He only cares about the bottom line.
It’s good for business but it’s not smart to let him talk.
Vince doesn’t care about what his fans like.
It’s just stupid arrogant business.
The ratings drop show it.

This interview between (SU's own) Ariel Helwani and Nick Kahn was perhaps more revealing than Kahn wished it had been:

Nick Khan is a corporate weasel.
He only cares about the bottom line.
It’s good for business but it’s not smart to let him talk.
Vince doesn’t care about what his fans like.
It’s just stupid arrogant business.
The ratings drop show it.

On a corporate level the WWE have done things pretty well in a number of areas. The monetization of revenue, branding, marketing, certain elements of production (i.e. entrances) generally have been handled very well or are not issues. So even if he is a weasel, these are the types of things that really shouldn't be killing the product.

But the wrestling side is a big miss. Obviously creative and TV Content are the most important part of the business short term and more long term and I have no clue what they are doing..

I don't think the WWE or Vince doesn't care about its TV numbers. I think Vince has just lost his mind on what will turn things around, and as you say has a misguided arrogance of what he is doing will prove to be right in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom