WWE Thread | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Early 90s WCW circa 1992 with Ross and Ventura on commentary, and guys like Rude, Steamboat, Anderson, Vader, Sting, Dustin Rhodes, Pillman, Austin, Simmons...highly underrated era. Holds up as an adult, 30 years later.
Ross and Ventura were ok, it wasn't Monsoon and Ventura, as JR wasn't that type. They took a bit to gel. Simmons wasn't packaged/pushed properly during 92, felt really forced. Pillman when he had his tremendous match with Liger at Superbrawl 2 really had nowhere to go, as the other "LHW's" in the promotion couldn't sustain that.

WCW had a lot of good talent, young and veterans and they messed a lot of it up big time. The wargames at Wrestlewar was terrific, but the finish was horrible. The Dangerous Alliance was very underrated but went to crap far too fast.

Did anybody else see that stunningly bad match between Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax last night?

Total trainwreck, looked like both went into business for themselves.

Inexplicably horrendous. Watch it if you can. Immediate contender for Worst Match Of The Year which, with Charlotte in it, you'd think would be impossible.

Did anybody else see that stunningly bad match between Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax last night?

Total trainwreck, looked like both went into business for themselves.

Inexplicably horrendous. Watch it if you can. Immediate contender for Worst Match Of The Year which, with Charlotte in it, you'd think would be impossible.
Bad match.. common denominator is Nia Jax.

Bad match.. common denominator is Nia Jax.

They really tried to put Nia Jax over yesterday by having her win / destroy people all show.

Totally out of the blue and not at all what fans wanted.
Totally WWE.

Might have missed it in this thread, but is another season of Dark Side of the Ring dropping soon? Feel like I remember seeing fall ‘21.

Nia is so bad. so dangerous. nice to have famous family members

They're doing a rematch, this time for the belt, on Raw Monday.

Might be the first time ever where they hope to pop a rating by appealing to casual fans expecting a really bad match. Which is what I think they're doing.

Might be the first time ever where they hope to pop a rating by appealing to casual fans expecting a really bad match. Which is what I think they're doing.
Or trying to push Charlotte over to AEW

This is how I feel about WWE booking. Can't make up their mind on anything, change their minds all the time, and don't settle on anybody and it makes everything less enjoyable.

It's been a beautiful sunny day (a bit crisp) since 8:00 this morning. I have been thinking about biking since 8:00 but holding off because of the weather.

1630938571974.png

WWE tries to give itself the rub for its reaction to, wait for it, 9-11. You simply MUST watch the trailer:

A documentary detailing how Vince decided to give the fans what they needed after our horrific tragedy.

I usually revel in bad taste. The tackier, the better. But not this. 'Classless' is the word that comes to mind.

WWE tries to give itself the rub for its reaction to, wait for it, 9-11. You simply MUST watch the trailer:

A documentary detailing how Vince decided to give the fans what they needed after our horrific tragedy.

I usually revel in bad taste. The tackier, the better. But not this. 'Classless' is the word that comes to mind.

1630953963401.png

Never Forget 9/11? No you can forget that.

But don't Forget the WWE Return!

Who can forget the HHH-Scott Steiner rematch from 2003??

Not gonna lie: gonna watch just for the Charlotte-Nia rematch. Hope it's early. I predict Charlotte wins in 30 seconds.

I predict Nia wins because it doesn't make sense.

Or the match doesn't even happen / over before the opening bell rings. I was listening to a podcast a few days back and last week's RAW was 1 out of 3 in terms of matches it had promoted the week before that actually happened, and even that one match never officially started..

Last edited:
LOL at the start of Raw and hyping up their tag team turmoil match.
Don't necessarily mind the old school quick cut promos.

But its the fact that they are promoting a big match of 7 teams, and at least 4 are teams that nobody cares about (or that they have given us no reason to care about).

LOL at the start of Raw and hyping up their tag team turmoil match.
Don't necessarily mind the old school quick cut promos.

But its the fact that they are promoting a big match of 7 teams, and at least 4 are teams that nobody cares about (or that they have given us no reason to care about).
That sounds like the old Saturday Night’s Main event opens. I loved those promos.
Vince actually trying something that worked?

That sounds like the old Saturday Night’s Main event opens. I loved those promos.
Vince actually trying something that worked?

Exactly what I was thinking. Liked those promos as well.

But within 15 minutes they have already essentially buried the 7 teams they had put the match, because we all know that Lashley/MVP will win now that they have inserted themselves as the 8th team.

I think it was a year or so ago that they had a turmoil singles match (I beleive for the US Title) that had six wrestlers I think. It lasted about an hour and the pay off they gave the fans for the long match - a no contest ending.

I also laughed at Riddle's promo a bit -- I am embarassed to say the RKBro thing is getting a bit over with me. But as I said before they really don't have people to work with.

Exactly what I was thinking. Liked those promos as well.

But within 15 minutes they have already essentially buried the 7 teams they had put the match, because we all know that Lashley/MVP will win now that they have inserted themselves as the 8th team.

I think it was a year or so ago that they had a turmoil singles match (I beleive for the US Title) that had six wrestlers I think. It lasted about an hour and the pay off they gave the fans for the long match - a no contest ending.

I also laughed at Riddle's promo a bit -- I am embarassed to say the RKBro thing is getting a bit over with me. But as I said before they really don't have people to work with.

Seems pretty clear that New Day is running the gauntlet.

Seems pretty clear that New Day is running the gauntlet.

Seems the case - except to lose in the end to Lashley..
They didn't position most of the other teams well in any of the past weeks (months) (years) so they stick with New Day.

Seems the case.
They didn't position most of the other teams well in any of the past weeks (months) (years) so they stick with New Day.

Some of these teams are pathetic. It's as if they're doing an ad as to how superior AEW tag team wrestling is. Man, T-Bar and Mace are the bottom of the barrel.

Some of these teams are pathetic. It's as if they're doing an ad as to how superior AEW tag team wrestling is. Man, T-Bar and Mace are the bottom of the barrel.

Furthermore they have basically been jobbers for their whole year in the WWE -- and now in the middle of this match they present them as monsters.

So basically they wasted an hour of our time ** and not one match has been completed. At least they will give us an ending later... maybe.

** Although I have done some work and played OOTP or posted. This is the only way I watch wrestling and especially WWE -- by doing something else while watching it. Can't imagine fully devoting my attention to it.

Have they even discussed the match tonight? Maybe I missed it while doing something else.
Perhaps they are going to pretend it never existed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom