WWE Thread | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

KO Next One Leaving? Looks that way. Fightful and Wrestling Observer report:

"Fightful first reported and we have independently confirmed that Owens' WWE contract is expiring in January 2022 due to a pre-pandemic restructuring of contracts. It's unclear why it was restructured and what other talents might be in a similar situation.

On Tuesday, Owens posted and deleted a tweet of coordinates to Mount Rushmore which fans took as a possible nod to a future in AEW as the landmark shares the name of his former PWG faction with the Young Bucks and Cole. He also changed his Twitter location to 'Almost there.'

The 37-year-old born Kevin Steen has been in WWE since 2014 when he started in NXT. He was called up in 2015 and has been a fixture on the main roster ever since. He's held the Universal title, the Intercontinental title, the United States title and the NXT title."

If you aren’t a muscled up freak and you aren’t completely dependent on the paycheck then go to AEW.

Vince isn’t going to change. They are going to stay alive because of their TV deals but the product sucks.

If you aren’t a muscled up freak and you aren’t completely dependent on the paycheck then go to AEW.

Vince isn’t going to change. They are going to stay alive because of their TV deals but the product sucks.

I agree that Vince has a clear bias towards muscleheads I'm not sure if that is the issue with Owens. He is more of a victim of the overall WWE creative / booking issues when you are in any sort of secondary program.

Kevin Owens has largely been pushed and highly ranked in his time in the WWE. He seems to be liked by Vince and has been in some important spots (WWE Title 4 years back, recent multiple PPV program with Reigns, feud with McMahons, quality program with AJ some years back). I think Vince loves his promo's -- he is one of the few in the WWE can generally pull their crap promos off.

But all wrestlers can't all be at the top at the same time. They have to be in "upper" secondary programs some time -- but the secondary programs (be it low to upper mid), especially in regular programming, tend to suck and are used as time filler.

The content and storylines at this level have no plan, no build (because Vince always changed his mind) are not compelling, and are generally TV time filler. They don't know how to "push" much of anything at this level.

If you look at AEW a person at the upper mid card level stays highly relevant - they create low main events with these guys In the WWE whether you are a musclehead or a good character you can feel useless when at this stage.

Last edited:
I agree that Vince has a clear bias towards muscleheads I'm not sure if that is the issue with Owens. He is more of a victim of the overall WWE creative / booking issues when you are not in the top program.

Kevin Owens has largely been pushed and highly ranked in his time in the WWE. He seems to be liked by Vince and has been in some important spots (WWE Title 4 years back, recent multiple PPV program with Reigns, feud with McMahons, quality program with AJ some years back). I think Vince loves his promo's -- he is one of the few in the WWE can generally pull their crap promos off. He is more reflective of a larger problem in the WWE.

And that problem is one of creative / content at the upper midcard level. The problem with WWE is they can't create anything compelling at this level. Their storylines often stink. Their treatment of secondary titles also contributes to this.

The content and storylines at this level have no plan, no build (because Vince always changed his mind) are not compelling, and are generally TV time filler. They don't know how to "push" much of anything at this level. And the problem is top stars can't be at the top all the time. They have to spend some time here.

If you look at AEW a person at the upper mid card level stays highlly relevant In the WWE whether you are a musclehead or a good character you often feel useless when at this stage.

AEW seems to do a much better job at the upper-mid card level. I'll put this way.
- AEW tends to push the best non top program performers to low main event status.
- WWE tends to push the best non top program perfoermers to mid card status.
I mostly agree with everything you have to say. AEW is the new hip organization that seems to treat its employees very well. It reminds me of the WWF-WCW war of the 90s. While AEW is pulling in a ton of talent, there’s only so much they can pull in and utilize properly. Vince is very stubborn but he isn’t stupid. He’s been through this before and while he’s not going to buy out AEW, at some point he will start poaching some of their talent. While it’s been all WWE to AEW so far, I expect to see a transfer of talent between the two in the upcoming years and I’m excited to see where things go with both companies.

I mostly agree with everything you have to say. AEW is the new hip organization that seems to treat its employees very well. It reminds me of the WWF-WCW war of the 90s. While AEW is pulling in a ton of talent, there’s only so much they can pull in and utilize properly. Vince is very stubborn but he isn’t stupid. He’s been through this before and while he’s not going to buy out AEW, at some point he will start poaching some of their talent. While it’s been all WWE to AEW so far, I expect to see a transfer of talent between the two in the upcoming years and I’m excited to see where things go with both companies.

If Kevin Owens goes to AEW, he can be placed in the same "Upper Mid Card / Low Main" spot as he is in the WWE and he will feel much more relevant even in a loaded roster. They just build things and plan things better than the WWE right now.

I do agree that it will be best for the wrestlers and the business when the exchange of talent between the companies starts to happen. But the WWE will have to adjust and change their attitude on things.

I think wrestlers like Kevin Owens and Daniel Bryan could came back to WWE after AEW runs because they generally have things they like about the WWE from what I hear. But they also feel professional limited and frustrated. (Guys like Moxley, Punk are never coming back)

I am sure WWE would like to sign Jungle Boy and few others but unless the money is insane they would be stupid to go WWE and allow themselves to be jobbed out.

Vince isn’t young anymore he won’t change.

I am sure WWE would like to sign Jungle Boy and few others but unless the money is insane they would be stupid to go WWE and allow themselves to be jobbed out.

I see your concern.especially for someone as small as Jungle Boy.

But AEW has shown that it can "re-hab" WWE characters fairly quickly. So they can go and come back and still probably be successful. Unless Tony Khan holds grudges for those that leave and come back, but I doubt that would be the case. I am sure he realizes movement between the two could help out AEW,

Getting movement between the AEW/WWE will be best for the wrestlers in the long run and the fans as well. (I think -- there is always the Vince factor) Should improve storylines with fresher looks on both sides (although would help WWE even more because they get hurt by the "rot on the bench" factor... the AEW does not). For example I still think Daniel Bryan will be back in the WWE within 12-18 months, and its best for fans and Bryan to come back fresh.

Some of them will eventually come running to Vince. In all wrestling organizations, people feel their characters start to get stale or not utilized properly. Just a part of the business. A few lucky guys like Roman Reigns never have to worry about that. It’s so easy to be in a high profile feud one day and almost irrelevant the next. AEW has done a good job of keeping their guys relevant but some of their mid-tier guys will want a bigger push than they are getting, especially with more superstars coming in. You can’t keep everyone happy all the time.

Some of them will eventually come running to Vince. In all wrestling organizations, people feel their characters start to get stale or not utilized properly. Just a part of the business. A few lucky guys like Roman Reigns never have to worry about that. It’s so easy to be in a high profile feud one day and almost irrelevant the next. AEW has done a good job of keeping their guys relevant but some of their mid-tier guys will want a bigger push than they are getting, especially with more superstars coming in. You can’t keep everyone happy all the time.

Vince is absolutely going to go nuts trying to sign/steal someone from AEW whenever he has the chance. And you're right, there's only so much room on the card. Inevitably some people in AEW won't like their position.

Big E cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Lashley tonight on Raw. He’s the new WWE champion.

I haven't watched much of WWE in the past few weeks of episodes... watching the pre game show only to know the matches tonight and the storylines since I have no idea what is going on.

Trying to figure out how Jeff Hardy got back into the US Title picture when he had not been on TV (pre September 13rd episode) or won a match in a long time... two weeks later he is in the US title picture. Typical WWE haphazard booking.

I haven't watched much of WWE in the past few weeks of episodes... watching the pre game show only to know the matches tonight and the storylines since I have no idea what is going on.

Trying to figure out how Jeff Hardy got back into the US Title picture when he had not been on TV (pre September 13rd episode) or won a match in a long time... two weeks later he is in the US title picture. Typical WWE haphazard booking.
Didnt know there was a PPV. Might check some of it out since for some reason I still have Peacock.

I’m hearing the Spanish announcers and English announcers at the exact same time. 4 people blabbing in two different languages and can’t make out a word.

What the heck are they doing?

Last edited:
I’m hearing the Spanish announcers and English announcers at the exact same time. 4 people blabbing in two different languages and make out a word.

What the heck are they doing?
I'm not getting that issue, but in Canada (international) we still get the old WWE Network platform (pre peacock).

I'm not getting that issue, but in Canada (international) we still get the old WWE Network platform (pre peacock).
Just checked Twitter. Looks like everyone in America is having the issue. Think they just finally fixed it. Took a solid 10 minutes.

Im not sure I’ve seen a PPV yet on Peacock without technical issues.

Just checked Twitter. Looks like everyone in America is having the issue. Think they just finally fixed it. Took a solid 10 minutes.

Im not sure I’ve seen a PPV yet on Peacock without technical issues.
Nope. It’s still going on. Spanish announcers are just quieter now and it’s not constant. But suddenly you’ll hear them at a lower volume for a few minutes. Lol, ridiculous.

Nope. It’s still going on. Spanish announcers are just quieter now and it’s not constant. But suddenly you’ll hear them at a lower volume for a few minutes. Lol, ridiculous.
Weird. I didn't get that.

This has been the first time no issues with Peacock/WWE for me. Probably just jinxed myself for the finish of this Becky/Bianca match.. or the Demon/Roman finale...

I tapped out in the middle of the Flair/Bliss match... wasn't watching much anyway and was more focused on my computer.

Trying to make it through the rest of it now.

Random and strange fan sign that was shown on screen for multiple seconds while Damian Priest was leaving the ring.

It said the following:
"Why did you let LJN make your games in the 1990's"

I tapped out in the middle of the Flair/Bliss match... wasn't watching much anyway and was more focused on my computer.

Trying to make it through the rest of it now.
Flair destroying the doll was awesome...as long as it’s the end of that nonsense. Hoping it’s the end of that awful character Alexa has been playing.

All the matches have been decent to good to me. Going to bed and will catch the main event tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom