WWE Thread | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Hehe, yeah... the Brawl for All was a big swing-and-a-miss for WWF. I don’t even think it was popular among the talent.

There are some clips of it on youtube. That was before concussions and head injuries really became a big talking point. Considering what we know now about the subject and the injuries wrestlers get just from wrestling, Brawl for All really was an insane idea.

They also plan to do one on 'Brawl For All'. Apparently they had 'tough guy' wrestlers box each other in a shoot format. People got hurt. Don't remember much about it.

I did a little research. It was the brainchild of, wait for it, Vince Russo. Among those who got legit hurt were Dr. Death Steve Williams, The Godfather, Steve Blackman, Roid Road Warrior Hawk, Savio Vega and Brakkus.

I’ve read or heard that they assumed Dr. Death would win, and they had a big push planned for him. Then Bart Gunn surprisingly won, which screwed up their plans and killed Dr. Death’s credibility.

Just looked at the Summerslam card.

Rollins, Orton, Natalya, and Ember Moon...that’s a pretty uninspiring list of challengers to the titles.

I will not be renewing my network subscription to check out this event.

Just looked at the Summerslam card.

Rollins, Orton, Natalya, and Ember Moon...that’s a pretty uninspiring list of challengers to the titles.

I will not be renewing my network subscription to check out this event.

I'm basically locked into subbing no matter what, and I watch most of the major shows, but absolutely, if you're on the fence, this is not exactly a must watch show. I am not excited for it at all.

I do think the Orton-Kofi build has been good. I like the interviews they've done. Everything else though? Not feeling it

Hot take: Seth Rollins hasn’t been interesting since his initial heel turn on the Shield. And that petered out quickly.

Completely overrated performer.

Hot take: Seth Rollins hasn’t been interesting since his initial heel turn on the Shield. And that petered out quickly.

And a corporate stooge.

I think you are basically right. He was a part of that great 3 way at the rumble in 15, and the cash in at 31 was good, but that was also over 4 years ago. He is a little hard to get behind as a top face. I will say, does anyone remember the long gauntlet match in February of last year? He was legit super over at that time. But they were running with Roman and Brock at mania, so he got shunted down a little

I think you are basically right. He was a part of that great 3 way at the rumble in 15, and the cash in at 31 was good, but that was also over 4 years ago. He is a little hard to get behind as a top face. I will say, does anyone remember the long gauntlet match in February of last year? He was legit super over at that time. But they were running with Roman and Brock at mania, so he got shunted down a little

I’ve just never really enjoyed him as a solo performer. He was fun as the spot monkey of the Shield though.

I’ve just never really enjoyed him as a solo performer. He was fun as the spot monkey of the Shield though.

I can buy that; he's a really great hot tag guy. I remember going to a raw the week or 2 before Mania 30, the Shield was still more of a tweener than face group, and I forget who they were wrestling, but he got hot tag, did a tope on someone outside one side of the ring, got back in and did the same thing on the other side. It was great

SummerSlam was pretty solid...
AJ Styles vs Ricochet was excellent.
Kofi vs Orton was good minus the ending imo.
Lesnar vs Rollins was a very good main event. Lesnar did his part and then some.
Bray Wyatt is a genius. The Fiend character, intro, music remix, new lantern (Bray's decapitated head), etc. The match itself was basically a squash vs. Finn. Here is a look at his SummerSlam intro...

Really like what Bray has going. Hope they don't screw it up.

In the old days I’d be waiting for him to be fed to Cena at Survivor Series or something.

Hopefully they’re over that formula?

I don't mind Shane but you're definitely not a big fan haha.
Rumor is Vince wants to use Shane to get the belt off Kofi so Roman can win it from Shane when Smackdown goes to Fox.

I don't mind Shane but you're definitely not a big fan haha.

I don’t mind him when he’s used as the incredibly underhanded heel like more recently. Or as the underdog face who takes chances and occasionally gets lucky.

When he’s going toe to toe with the best guys, and making guys tap out like he’s a legit athlete...that’s just too stupid for me.

I don’t mind him when he’s used as the incredibly underhanded heel like more recently. Or as the underdog face who takes chances and occasionally gets lucky.

When he’s going toe to toe with the best guys, and making guys tap out like he’s a legit athlete...that’s just too stupid for me.
Shane McMahon’s “punches” make Hacksaw Jim Duggan(the worst puncher) look like a great performer.

Shane McMahon’s “punches” make Hacksaw Jim Duggan(the worst puncher) look like a great performer.

Right.

The stuff recently with the fast counts and stacking the deck. That’s fine. He’s not quite as good as Vince or Stephanie at heeling it up IMO, but it’s fine and effective.

I honestly like him better now than I did when he was face, because they were actually having him win matches legitimately against top heels.

Right.

The stuff recently with the fast counts and stacking the deck. That’s fine. He’s not quite as good as Vince or Stephanie at heeling it up IMO, but it’s fine and effective.

I honestly like him better now than I did when he was face, because they were actually having him win matches legitimately against top heels.

Fair enough. Nobody tops Vince in terms of heel though from attitude era. Dude was unreal good.

Last edited:

Ha, Hacksaw’s punches were horrible now that I think about it. He was a childhood favorite though. He was hilarious, IMO. And Ventura/Heenan/Perfect would always have some hilarious cracks about him on commentary.

Right. They treat him as like the top guy on smackdown and he like out wrestles Aj Styles at mania, goes toe to toe with the Undertaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom