WWE Thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

MNF is boring. Watching some Raw. Well, they made Rollins heel probably because everyone was booing him anyway. He’s still boring to me though. Who are the Breaking Bad - esque murder twins he’s running with?

I’m kinda lost on who a lot of these guys are. The last time that happened 15 years ago, Muhammed Hassan and Shelton Benjamin caught my attention and pulled me back in. Trying to find something/someone to pull me back in.

And why is Samoa Joe on commentary? Legit injury? He might be the best wrestler they have, so hopefully they’re not just wasting him.

Poor Kairi got concussed real bad Sunday night.

And why is Samoa Joe on commentary? Legit injury? He might be the best wrestler they have, so hopefully they’re not just wasting him.

Yeah he's healing up from an injury. Hopefully will be back wrestling soon. He's awesome

Yeah he's healing up from an injury. Hopefully will be back wrestling soon. He's awesome

She got concussed, and the other people in the match didn't know about it for several minutes, and she likely got hurt even more. Becky Lynch finally talked to her and found out that she was hurt and clued in the other participants. I just hope she wasn't seriously hurt, but nobody was watching out for her best interests. Charlotte should have been able to figure it out when Kairi fought against doing the planned moves, especially the power bomb, but she didn't.

There could be some real repercussions from this.

She got concussed, and the other people in the match didn't know about it for several minutes, and she likely got hurt even more. Becky Lynch finally talked to her and found out that she was hurt and clued in the other participants. I just hope she wasn't seriously hurt, but nobody was watching out for her best interests. Charlotte should have been able to figure it out when Kairi fought against doing the planned moves, especially the power bomb, but she didn't.

There could be some real repercussions from this.
What was the move that caused it?

What was the move that caused it?

No one's sure which move b/c she wrestled hurt for some time. But she was clearly trying to avoid being powerbombed by Charlotte AFTER she was injured, but Charlotte, not yet knowing that she was hurt, powerbombed her anyway.

Neither Vince nor Hunter were there, and it appears that the ref just didn't do his job, which is to check when it appears someone has been hurt.

I think that procedures will be changed b/c of this, and we can only hope that Kairi does not become increasingly susceptible to concussions.

BTW, Raw set a record last night: lowest non-holiday viewership ever. Barely over 2 mill, and the third hour was well below that.

The show sucked. I don't get why the Raw tag team division is comprised of huge slow teams who do 20 minute matches. And then that gauntlet match--about an hour long, ending in a bleeping DQ. Vince is never gonna get back the instincts that made him successful. He's lost it.

At least we've got AEW and NXT on Wednesdays...

No one's sure which move b/c she wrestled hurt for some time. But she was clearly trying to avoid being powerbombed by Charlotte AFTER she was injured, but Charlotte, not yet knowing that she was hurt, powerbombed her anyway.

Neither Vince nor Hunter were there, and it appears that the ref just didn't do his job, which is to check when it appears someone has been hurt.

I think that procedures will be changed b/c of this, and we can only hope that Kairi does not become increasingly susceptible to concussions.

BTW, WWE has removed Kairi from all house shows through the end of the year.

And apparently Joe makes his return on the raw that was taped for next Monday

Here's what Dave Meltzer at Wrestling Observer wrote about Kairi's injury:

"It’s not clear exactly what happened but at some point she was knocked loopy. It may have been from an exploder suplex on the floor by Charlotte Flair, because there was an open spot near the barricade that didn’t have a mat and Sane hit her head on the floor. It could have happened earlier as a TLC match carries higher than usual risks, and this match featured throwing chairs. Sane at one point was throwing a chair into the ring, and it didn’t clear the top rope and bounced back and hit her. She was also hit when chairs were being thrown around.

But she was impaired, most noticeably when she didn’t take a spear from Flair correctly. Flair, not knowing anything was wrong, slapped her a few times. Later, Flair went to power bomb Sane through a table and you could see Sane was scared to death and didn’t want to take the move. Flair powered her up anyway and power bombed her through the table. Asuka may have told Becky Lynch during the match that there was a problem because Lynch was talking to both and at one point Lynch rolled Sane under the ring as a way to keep her out of taking any more punishment."

Came across this on YouTube and had to share, because I had no idea this happened: Hogan and Savage vs. Jake Roberts and Berzerker from 1/28/92.

There’s a cool moment after the match where they acknowledge the “Mega-Powers”.

I had no idea that Hogan and Savage ever teamed up again in WWF, after their initial run in 87-88, and then feud in 89-90. This was untelevised and not part of storylines. Also, pretty rare to see Hogan and Roberts in the same ring, since the plug was reportedly pulled on their feud circa 1986 because heel Jake was getting cheers?

Came across this on YouTube and had to share, because I had no idea this happened: Hogan and Savage vs. Jake Roberts and Berzerker from 1/28/92.

There’s a cool moment after the match where they acknowledge the “Mega-Powers”.

I had no idea that Hogan and Savage ever teamed up again in WWF, after their initial run in 87-88, and then feud in 89-90. This was untelevised and not part of storylines. Also, pretty rare to see Hogan and Roberts in the same ring, since the plug was reportedly pulled on their feud circa 1986 because heel Jake was getting cheers?

Also, from what I gather from the sign - the match was supposed to be Savage/Hogan vs. Jake/Taker, but Taker had turned face the night before(hence his appearance in the aisle when Roberts tried to run away) and Berzerker was the replacement for Taker.

So Big Show is back and in the main angle? “That oughta put some butts in the seats”...lolsmh.

Glad Samoa Joe is back wrestling though.

So Big Show is back and in the main angle? “That oughta put some butts in the seats”...lolsmh.

I mean they had to make the appearance of the Big Show on boxes of Honey Comb actually mean something, hence the push.

We have nobody to blame for this except Post Cereal.

Based on what I read, it's supposed to be a quick in and out for Show.

But, yeah. Guy has been around for 25 years nearly.

Based on what I read, it's supposed to be a quick in and out for Show.

But, yeah. Guy has been around for 25 years nearly.

Was reading his bio. It says he 'used to have acromegaly', which is what Andre the Giant had. He had an operation on his pituitary gland, which apparently halted the disease. I didn't know that was possible.

You know how he got into wrestling? He had a chance encounter with Danny Bonaduce, who mentioned him to his friend Hulk Hogan. Something to do with a karaoke contest. The rest is history He wasn't even LOOKING to get into wrestling. That's my problem. I was never friends with Danny Bonaduce. Imagine how different my life could have been...

Last edited:
Was reading his bio. It says he 'used to have acromegaly', which is what Andre the Giant had. He had an operation on his pituitary gland, which apparently halted the disease. I didn't know that was possible.

You know how he got into wrestling? He had a chance encounter with Danny Bonaduce, who mentioned him to his friend Hulk Hogan. Something to do with a karaoke contest. The rest is history He wasn't even LOOKING to get into wrestling. That's my problem. I was never friends with Danny Bonaduce. Imagine how different my life could have been...

It's a great story. The guy was like created in a lab to be a heel for Hogan to slay

Royal Rumble match spoilers leaked.
EPLJ4W6WoAAFG65

Save your time.
I am guessing it would be Kane vs. Wyatt at WM.

EPLJ4W6WoAAFG65

Save your time.

Kane is going to win??? In 2020?? What's the source of this?

EPLJ4W6WoAAFG65

Save your time.

Maybe somebody leaked it in the hopes that common sense would prevail.

Of course, this would mean Brock vs. Velasquez to headline WM. Meh.

I now believe this was leaked to prevent it as Vince hates leaks.

Kane makes sense in that really only Reigns or Rollins could win this thing by how badly everyone else has been booked.

If Reigns isn’t winning then who else could? Kane would get the win his HOF career kinda deserves and he loses to Wyatt at WM while Brock-Cain gets setup by this match.

Who else could win?

I now believe this was leaked to prevent it as Vince hates leaks.

Kane makes sense in that really only Reigns or Rollins could win this thing by how badly everyone else has been booked.

If Reigns isn’t winning then who else could? Kane would get the win his HOF career kinda deserves and he loses to Wyatt at WM while Brock-Cain gets setup by this match.

Who else could win?

Wait, Kane is back too?

Last time I saw him he was getting a cheap pin on R.Truth at the football stadium, as the mayor or whatever. Thought “Kane” was done.

Kane and Show lost credibility as main eventers like 15 years ago. In fact, the crowd was absolutely livid like 6-7 years ago when they both were just dumping everybody out of the Rumble.

Wyatt’s gimmick is terrible, I’m sorry.

A lot of the new guys just jump around and basically do gymnastics.

I like the idea of watching the Royal Rumble, but Thats all nostalgia. I don’t actually want to watch any of these guys, for the most part.

The Rated R Superstar is rumored to be returning tonight. That would be cool as long as he is being smart about his health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom