WWE Thread | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

So I’m watching Royal Rumble ‘91. Hulk, Earthquake, and Knobbs were the last 3 left. Hogan got double teamed and then took Earthquakes finisher.

He immediately hopped up, completely no sold it, hulked up and threw Knobbs out. Then he took a power slam...completely no sold it, hulked up and threwEarthquake out. SMH. The wooooorst. Imagine if the internet existed back then?

So I’m watching Royal Rumble ‘91. Hulk, Earthquake, and Knobbs were the last 3 left. Hogan got double teamed and then took Earthquakes finisher.

He immediately hopped up, completely no sold it, hulked up and threw Knobbs out. Then he took a power slam...completely no sold it, hulked up and threwEarthquake out. SMH. The wooooorst. Imagine if the internet existed back then?

Those were definitley the days I enjoyed it for the entertainment, without thinking too much about the logic of what I was seeing.

Now I’m watching RR ‘93(skipped ‘92 because I had it on tape as a kid and have seen it so many times - but it’s easily the best one!) and I forgot about how around this time Heenan was doing his John Madden thing where he’d draw all over the screen on a replay explaining what just happened - except he would always have some kind of punchline. Heenan was just the best. I’d still watch the shows every week if prime Heenan was one of the commentators.

Now I’m watching RR ‘93(skipped ‘92 because I had it on tape as a kid and have seen it so many times - but it’s easily the best one!) and I forgot about how around this time Heenan was doing his John Madden thing where he’d draw all over the screen on a replay explaining what just happened - except he would always have some kind of punchline. Heenan was just the best. I’d still watch the shows every week if prime Heenan was one of the commentators.

What did he call it, Brain scan or something?

He was so funny. A complete and utter buffoon in every way.

This New Jack episode of Dark Side of the Ring is something else. Pretty sure the only sane person interviewed so far is Jim Cornette.

What did he call it, Brain scan or something?

He was so funny. A complete and utter buffoon in every way.

Yup, Brain Scan.

Heenan was just unique - he’d say completely ridiculous and over the top things everyone knew was false like “Jannetty jumped through the window to escape! What an act of cowardice!” that were hilarious. But then he’d say the most mundane things - like calling a fan “four eyes” as the camera panned over him - and it was also hilarious. And then he’d also come up with jokes that were hilarious in their “Heenan-ness” too.

Heenan -“ladies and gentlemen! Feast your eyes! Feast your eyes on that man!”...lmao, what the hell? RR ‘93 as Lex Luger poses in mirrors. Gotta be top 3 weirdest segments ever. I’m dying laughing at how ridiculous it is.

* I “watched” this Rumble in ‘93 as a kid - on one of the scrambled channels on cable. You could kinda see but not really, but you could hear. I know some of you know gotta know what I’m talking about. I watched Survivor Series ‘92 that way, as well. Never would’ve dreamed I’d have access to every PPV ever for 10 bucks.

Heenan -“ladies and gentlemen! Feast your eyes! Feast your eyes on that man!”...lmao, what the hell? RR ‘93 as Lex Luger poses in mirrors. Gotta be top 3 weirdest segments ever. I’m dying laughing at how ridiculous it is.

* I “watched” this Rumble in ‘93 as a kid - on one of the scrambled channels on cable. You could kinda see but not really, but you could hear. I know some of you know gotta know what I’m talking about. I watched Survivor Series ‘92 that way, as well. Never would’ve dreamed I’d have access to every PPV ever for 10 bucks.
JR and King in the attitude era were amazing together too. Great blend with JR being the play by play guy and King being the goofy, creepy, "heel" guy. King was especially great during the feuds where Angle was the guy supposed to be booed but King loved him. "Oh... Kurttttt"!

Yup, Brain Scan.

Heenan was just unique - he’d say completely ridiculous and over the top things everyone knew was false like “Jannetty jumped through the window to escape! What an act of cowardice!” that were hilarious. But then he’d say the most mundane things - like calling a fan “four eyes” as the camera panned over him - and it was also hilarious. And then he’d also come up with jokes that were hilarious in their “Heenan-ness” too.

The line about Jannetty jumping through the window is such an all timer.

his performance for the whole 92 rumble is just so good. You no good creep! You skirt-wearing freak! It's not a kilt, it's a skirt.

Exceeded expectations tonight. The Boneyard Match was dope. Looking forward to the Firefly Funhouse match.

Exceeded expectations tonight. The Boneyard Match was dope. Looking forward to the Firefly Funhouse match.
Agreed. That match was well produced. Need more of those types for an empty arena Mania. Firefly Funhouse match will give us that.

No spoilers.

Braun/Goldberg match... yuck.

Didn't like the endings to the triple threat tag belts match or Becky/Shayna match.

Last edited:
Wrestlemania 35 on ESPN at 3 Eastern leading into the 2nd night of Wrestlemania.

Just read an excellent review on the WWE 24: Edge - The Second Mountain documentary for anyone who has the network

Wrestlemania 35 on ESPN at 3 Eastern leading into the 2nd night of Wrestlemania.

Needs a different title than Match Of The Year. Production of the Year? Betcha Matt Hardy, who originated some of the concepts used in this match, will try to outdo it on AEW.

Last edited:
My 9 year old kept saying during theBoneyard Match... this is like a movie!!!...it’s the greatest match Ive ever seen!!!

And I’ve showed him the best ones.

not sure how the old guard will react, but I liked it and he obviously did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom