WWE Thread | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I understand 3 hours vs 2 hours from a revenue perspective.
But the quality of RAW vs Smackdown is so huge because of all the crap that RAW has to do and it limits viewership.

If I was WWE I would look to do the following while maintaining 3 "RAW" hours each week.
2 Hour Raw on Monday
1 Hour "Raw" or some new name that has a main event type match each week on USA Network. Maybe even on a Saturday or Sunday Night.

I think they would get more overall viewers this way.
I think they are locked into 3 hours on Monday night. USA is just paying them too much money.

I agree it hurts the show, and the ratings are down, but you look at the 3 hours on Monday, and this week, the lowest hour did a 0.65 in the demo. The next best show on cable Monday did a 0.36; you're still 80% better than the next best show

2 days of WrestleMania at 3 hours each is fine IMO.

I really enjoyed Saturday and part of it was the excitement of watching it live with my kids who otherwise would be asleep on a Sunday night for it.

nothing wrong with making it a Coachella type weekend/event.

6 hours is way too long, but given the option of Saturday or Sunday, it’s better.

and if both nights are really good, then yeah, on a rainy day you do the marathon.

2 days of WrestleMania at 3 hours each is fine IMO.

I really enjoyed Saturday and part of it was the excitement of watching it live with my kids who otherwise would be asleep on a Sunday night for it.

nothing wrong with making it a Coachella type weekend/event.

6 hours is way too long, but given the option of Saturday or Sunday, it’s better.

and if both nights are really good, then yeah, on a rainy day you do the marathon.
To me, you could almost cut it to two nights at two hours each without even cutting any matches. There is just so much wasted time between matches.

To me, you could almost cut it to two nights at two hours each without even cutting any matches. There is just so much wasted time between matches.
I hear ya, I just think 2 hours is too short for any adult live event...ie, concerts, sports or wrestling.

3 is perfect, and don’t cut off beer.

but it’s not like it was when Vince bought WCW and had the stable to pull off 6 hour events.

The video packages kill me sometimes, we don't need a long package before like every match

The video packages kill me sometimes, we don't need a long package before like every match
Especially when it seems like they already showed pretty much the same thing on the pre-show for most of the matches.

Vince and Co. Did their spring cleaning today. Bunch of releases

Mickie James
Billie Kay
Chelsea Green
Tucker
Wesley Blake
Kalisto

Vince and Co. Did their spring cleaning today. Bunch of releases

Mickie James
Billie Kay
Chelsea Green
Tucker
Wesley Blake
Kalisto
I don’t know who half of them are, and had forgotten Mickie was still with the company until I saw her on one of the Mania shows talking about the matches.

Kay was entertaining. I liked her antics, personally.

I don’t know who half of them are, and had forgotten Mickie was still with the company until I saw her on one of the Mania shows talking about the matches.

Kay was entertaining. I liked her antics, personally.

Samoa Joe released. Also Peyton Royce and Bo Dallas.

Anyone else pumped about these WWE biographies on AE? Tonight is my all time favorite Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Should be a good series. I used to really enjoy their Biography series back when AE was a good channel instead of all reality tv shows.

I enjoyed it; they def jumped around with the timeline a bit from after the neck injury on, but I guess you gotta expect that

I enjoyed it; they def jumped around with the timeline a bit from after the neck injury on, but I guess you gotta expect that
I loved every minute of it. Stone Cold was my guy growing up and like him even more after watching last night.

Hot take(or maybe not): Stone Cold’s best feud was with the Hitman and this is the feud that made him, not McMahon or The Rock.
Hitman was my 2nd fav wrestler so I didn't enjoy them as much. I thought the Vince feud was epic. The hospital scene where he hits him with the bed pan and shoves the IV where the sun don't shine was an all time wwe moment.

Hot take(or maybe not): Stone Cold’s best feud was with the Hitman and this is the feud that made him, not McMahon or The Rock.

well you could argue his best feud was with Hitman, but the one that made him was with McMahon. I don't think that's even debatable

well you could argue his best feud was with Hitman, but the one that made him was with McMahon. I don't think that's even debatable
The Hitman feud is the one that got the fans cheering him, and it’s the one that transitioned him from a mid carder to a guy ready to win the title.

The Hitman feud is the one that got the fans cheering him, and it’s the one that transitioned him from a mid carder to a guy ready to win the title.

Oh 100% agreed ... but i think the difference of him being someone like Hogan or Flair was the McMahon feud. That made him a whole new category IMO.

He would say that himself.
Their WM.13 double switch match helped sell Stone Cold as a tough SOB. He never submitted he passed out with the crimson mask.

Their Survvior series match wasn’t as good but Bret using the turnbuckle was a good ending.

Austin trusted Bret to blade him.
McMahon feud was attitude era.
The Hart feud was what helped evaluate Austin. He was getting cheered as a heel so they made him face and turned Bret heel towards Americans.

He would say that himself.
Their WM.13 double switch match helped sell Stone Cold as a tough SOB. He never submitted he passed out with the crimson mask.

Their Survvior series match wasn’t as good but Bret using the turnbuckle was a good ending.

Austin trusted Bret to blade him.
McMahon feud was attitude era.
The Hart feud was what helped evaluate Austin. He was getting cheered as a heel so they made him face and turned Bret heel towards Americans.
That Hart feud was intense too. And it kept its steam for a solid 6-7 months, which is hard to do. Thought the SS match was great, but yeah Mania was just next level. And making it No DQ was perfect. They both did great work: they made it feel like they really hated each other.

I guess you could say the Bret feud made Austin a star, even a superstar, but the McMahon feud made him basically the biggest star ever
Hogan is probably a bigger alltime but Austin is definitely up there.
I am not a Hogan fan but the 80’s and then his heel turn nWo would probably trump Austin.
I personally prefer Austin but Hogan probably is slightly bigger.

That Hart feud was intense too. And it kept its steam for a solid 6-7 months, which is hard to do. Thought the SS match was great, but yeah Mania was just next level. And making it No DQ was perfect. They both did great work: they made it feel like they really hated each other.
I'll put it this way the Hart feud got him on the map. The Vince feud turned him into.a mega star that transcended wrestling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom