Yes Roberson commits!!!! | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Yes Roberson commits!!!!

Thanks, OE. Parents seem like they've led him in the right direction, not only to help him achieve his goals, but emphasizing academics. He's very chill as I mentioned before, friend of a friend, etc knows him personally, loves the guy. I believe I never mentioned this, but the lady I am referring to stands on a chair to hug him. :)

Best of all is aside from that mild disposition, he is appropriately dubbed by Francis as the Beast, as he gets tough, strong, nasty on the court.

Thanks, OE. Parents seem like they've led him in the right direction, not only to help him achieve his goals, but emphasizing academics. He's very chill as I mentioned before, friend of a friend, etc knows him personally, loves the guy. I believe I never mentioned this, but the lady I am referring to stands on a chair to hug him. :)

Best of all is aside from that mild disposition, he is appropriately dubbed by Francis as the Beast, as he gets tough, strong, nasty on the court.

after lasy nights game- that mean streak is something we desperately need on the court.

The more I learn about this kid the more he reminds of the prototypical Duke recruit. High Motor - comes from good roots and put a lot of emphasis on academics. Add that to a ton of talent. With what we have learned of BJ, TR,TE,RP and CO I am really psyched about next years incoming class. I know we were all excited at first with the TROB - Mookie- Louie etc class but I think as far as big classes go this one I think will fully meet/exceed expectations.

The more I learn about this kid the more he reminds of the prototypical Duke recruit. High Motor - comes from good roots and put a lot of emphasis on academics. Add that to a ton of talent. With what we have learned of BJ, TR,TE,RP and CO I am really psyched about next years incoming class. I know we were all excited at first with the TROB - Mookie- Louie etc class but I think as far as big classes go this one I think will fully meet/exceed expectations.
We had a large class of high character kids back with Forth, Warrick, Pace, Edelin (issues, I know) and Konecny (ok, but he was gone fast). Anyway, the core of those players led to great things here. I remember hearing stories about how officials would comment on how respectable they were. Those are the kinds of kids that build a legacy. They work hard and stay qualified and influence the kids that come in behind them. I am hoping that this is what this group becomes, it seems as though they might be that special.

We had a large class of high character kids back with Forth, Warrick, Pace, Edelin (issues, I know) and Konecny (ok, but he was gone fast). Anyway, the core of those players led to great things here. I remember hearing stories about how officials would comment on how respectable they were. Those are the kinds of kids that build a legacy. They work hard and stay qualified and influence the kids that come in behind them. I am hoping that this is what this group becomes, it seems as though they might be that special.
I think you will find it hard to find anyone on this board who would disagree with that statement. This group is really going to be one to remember. An added bonus is when you realize how so many of them connect to players that we have signed or hope to sign in 2014 and 2015. We would have recruited them anyway but it really helps! Our teams will be super tight-knit for years to come.

Roberson and Malachi Richardson
Ennis and Briscoe
Patterson and McCullough
Chinoso and Bryant

I know i might be missing one or two, but my memory is blanking on me right now.

Then there was Fab. Truly a "high character kid who luckily didn't hurt anyone in one of his mad fitswhile not doing any school work.:cool:

I think you will find it hard to find anyone on this board who would disagree with that statement. This group is really going to be one to remember. An added bonus is when you realize how so many of them connect to players that we have signed or hope to sign in 2014 and 2015. We would have recruited them anyway but it really helps! Our teams will be super tight-knit for years to come.

Roberson and Malachi Richardson
Ennis and Briscoe
Patterson and McCullough
Chinoso and Bryant

I know i might be missing one or two, but my memory is blanking on me right now.
Going back a tiny bit, Christmas and Cooney AAU Team Final teammates.

Great point and wondering why that class didn't jump into my thoughts when thinking of big classes. Anyways getting a group of kids like that really does set you up for success. Getting guys like Scoop/Rick/Arinze/Andy/Wes etc in the same year or in consecutive years really builds a foundation for success. Getting it in one class does truly open it up to be special. I reserve a lot of hope for this years team to go on a run in the tourney. With knowing we are likely getting most of this year's youth (aside from MCW) back and then with what we bring in it could be the perfect storm to have another memorable year like last year and one that is much less likely to end in heartbreak.

Going back a tiny bit, Christmas and Cooney AAU Team Final teammates.
Yeah its been a theme for the past few years and I love it. I don't much about recruiting prior to the 2000's, so you would need to enlighten me if Boeheim had been doing this throughout his career.

Scoop-Jackson
Harris-Flynn

Paging Francis...come in Francis :)
I just got into the recruiting side, ubergeekiness helps, but Francis probably has the answer.

Couple of more "out with the old, in with the nucleus"
Triche = DC2
CJ Fair = Chris "The Hammer" McCullough

Couple of more "out with the old, in with the nucleus"
Triche = DC2
CJ Fair = Chris "The Hammer" McCullough

They didn't play at the same time, but wasn't Rautins also from Jamesville-Dewitt HS?

I just got into the recruiting side, ubergeekiness helps, but Francis probably has the answer.
I started following recruiting in 2000 as well, so I can't help in that department going back before then :(

I started following recruiting in 2000 as well, so I can't help in that department going back before then :(
Regardless of when it began. I hope it continues. You can see how close these kids are with one another. They play selfish at times, but they really care for their teammates.

Going back a ways...Michael Hopkins and LeRon Ellis both played at Mater Dei (California) together. That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Going back a ways...Michael Hopkins and LeRon Ellis both played at Mater Dei (California) together. That's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
Sorry, and Sonny Spera (Dr. Spera now) and Sean Kerins out of Union Endicott, too. Now we're going back a ways...

"Roselle Catholic, No. 5 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, hung on to edge Westfield, 63-60, yesterday in Westfield. Hakim Saintil scored 20 points, eight from the free-throw line, to pace Roselle Catholic. Tyler Roberson added 19 points and Asante Gist rounded out the offensive production with 16 points."

"Roselle Catholic, No. 5 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, hung on to edge Westfield, 63-60, yesterday in Westfield. Hakim Saintil scored 20 points, eight from the free-throw line, to pace Roselle Catholic. Tyler Roberson added 19 points and Asante Gist rounded out the offensive production with 16 points."
Thanks for the update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom