Yes Roberson commits!!!! | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Yes Roberson commits!!!!

"Roselle Catholic, No. 5 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, hung on to edge Westfield, 63-60, yesterday in Westfield. Hakim Saintil scored 20 points, eight from the free-throw line, to pace Roselle Catholic. Tyler Roberson added 19 points and Asante Gist rounded out the offensive production with 16 points."
Just another day at the office as Beast also adds 19 rebounds, 3 assists and 8 blocks.
One of those blocks is still stuck in the rafters.
3305510466_87b7b753f8_z.jpg

Never let the beast out of the cage.

So does this mean we're actually going to have someone with a mean streak on the court next year? :D

Unfortunately, Beast and company go down, falling by 1 point to Union in the Union County tournament.
No box score yet, but must have been tough as they beat this same team by 32 and 16 points in two other games earlier this season.

Not sure if Malachi was still out, but this team has been great to watch this year either way.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1626688
There goes the box score but still no recap or articles about the game. The Beast had his lowest point total for the season with 8pts. I wonder if he dealt with foul trouble or just had an off night. Malachi had 16pts.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/tournament/15375/
RC is off until the 27th when they play for the State chip. Judging from the bracket, if RC (and that's a big if now) brings their A game, then they should end up in the finals against either The Patrick School or Gil St. Bernard's. They've beaten Patrick's twice and loss a close game against Bernard's a few weeks ago.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1626688
There goes the box score but still no recap or articles about the game. The Beast had his lowest point total for the season with 8pts. I wonder if he dealt with foul trouble or just had an off night. Malachi had 16pts.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/tournament/15375/
RC is off until the 27th when they play for the State chip. Judging from the bracket, if RC (and that's a big if now) brings their A game, then they should end up in the finals against either The Patrick School or Gil St. Bernard's. They've beaten Patrick's twice and loss a close game against Bernard's a few weeks ago.
Very nice to hear that Malachi is back. First bad Beast game I can remember, but all good. Boys will come back with some ferocity next time around for chip ;)

Beast and company cold THROTTLED Colts Neck a few days ago.
Tyler - 26 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks
Malachi - 27 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
Saintil - 17 points, 10 assists, 1 rebound, 3 steals

Not sure if this was part of a playoff bracket, not sure what a Colts Neck is, not sure I care, lol
Beast angry...Beast very angry.

Beast and company cold THROTTLED Colts Neck a few days ago.
Tyler - 26 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks
Malachi - 27 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
Saintil - 17 points, 10 assists, 1 rebound, 3 steals

Not sure if this was part of a playoff bracket, not sure what a Colts Neck is, not sure I care, lol
Beast angry...Beast very angry.
I want Malachi.

Just wondering because I follow recruiting a lot closer these days with the help of this board. Roberson seems to be killing it. What was Raks stats like in High School and was his level of competition better or worse? If I remember correctly they weren't that great but I honestly can't remember. I just can't see how he was the number 2 rated center by scout last year.

Just wondering because I follow recruiting a lot closer these days with the help of this board. Roberson seems to be killing it. What was Raks stats like in High School and was his level of competition better or worse? If I remember correctly they weren't that great but I honestly can't remember. I just can't see how he was the number 2 rated center by last year.

Honestly, I think Rak barely averaged double-digits scoring. Huge mistake by the recruitniks, imo. Maybe 10ish rebounds and 5 blks? Not exactly sure. Was he Roman Catholic? Neumann-Goretti? They all play good competition and so does Roberson's school, I believe.

Honestly, I think Rak barely averaged double-digits scoring. Huge mistake by the recruitniks, imo. Maybe 10ish rebounds and 5 blks? Not exactly sure. Was he Roman Catholic? Neumann-Goretti? They all play good competition and so does Roberson's school, I believe.
Correct. He played at Academy of New Church and I believe averaged around 9-10ppg. To be fair, the guards on that team were terrible and instead of feeding the post they would constantly jack jumpers and Rak was mainly just a cleanup guy. His ranking was always based off of potential, due to his effectiveness on the defensive side, and the hope has always and still is that would improve and develop on the offensive side eventually. The clock is starting to tick on him though and time is running out. I really want him to improve for the sake of the team, but imho I think what we see now is what we're always going to get the rest of the way for his career. Glimpses of upside and potential but mostly average to below average play.

"Malachi Richardson scored 21 points for Roselle Catholic, No. 11 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, as it defeated Ranney, 94-26, in the first round of the South Jersey, Non-Public B tournament in Roselle. Tyler Roberson scored 13 points and collected 12 rebounds for Roselle Catholic."

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1579818/
Box score. The Beast added 5 blocks and Malachi knocked down 5 triples.

"Malachi Richardson scored 21 points for Roselle Catholic, No. 11 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, as it defeated Ranney, 94-26, in the first round of the South Jersey, Non-Public B tournament in Roselle. Tyler Roberson scored 13 points and collected 12 rebounds for Roselle Catholic."

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1579818/
Box score. The Beast added 5 blocks and Malachi knocked down 5 triples.
If they won by one more point, just one more they would have won by......

69!

No box yet but Tyler and RC win by 18 in their state quarters.
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1579810/
Edit: boxscore is there now but Roberson not there, didn't play?
"Tyler Roberson had to leave the game after cutting his lip, requiring five stitches. Coach Dave Boff says it's likely he will be available for Roselle Catholic in the semifinals." Malachi with 9pts. Next game for RC is the semi's on Monday against Wildwood Catholic.

"Tyler Roberson had to leave the game after cutting his lip, requiring five stitches. Coach Dave Boff says it's likely he will be available for Roselle Catholic in the semifinals." Malachi with 9pts. Next game for RC is the semi's on Sunday against Wildwood Catholic.
Ha, I edited a while ago. Also, I thought game was Monday. If it is indeed Sunday, have to head out to NY, but might make an afternoon game if in RC. Francis, please confirm if you can.

Ha, I edited a while ago. Also, I thought game was Monday. If it is indeed Sunday, have to head out to NY, but might make an afternoon game if in RC. Francis, please confirm if you can.
My bad it's definitely on Monday. I thought I saw the 3rd for whatever reason last night lol.

Looks like they win 75-50 in the semis. RC heads into finals against the #1 ranked team in this bracket in Patrick School, who Tyler and company have already beaten twice this year.

RC looks like they led all the way.
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1579806/

No let up on Wednesday as they play for the chip against a team they are already familiar with.
In the previous two games, Tyler played very well inside, averaging 14.5 points, 13.5 rebounds and 6.5 blocks in the 2 wins.

"Tyler Roberson had to leave the game after cutting his lip, requiring five stitches. Coach Dave Boff says it's likely he will be available for Roselle Catholic in the semifinals." Malachi with 9pts. Next game for RC is the semi's on Monday against Wildwood Catholic.
That would have been a season ender for Lawrence.

Game stats for RC's win against Wildwood Catholic:

Tyler "Beast" Roberson - 13 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks
Malachi "I really need a nickname" Richardson - 21 points, 2 assists, 2 steals

Gist had 11 points, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 rebound
Saintil had 17 points, 7 assists, 3 steals, 1 rebound

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online