Zero | Syracusefan.com

Zero

Mentioned it in the game thread, we went something like a decade since the last game where that happened. We've now had 2 oh-fers in the last 7 games. I'm sorry, but that is seriously disturbing and just flat out What-y.

It may prove a difficulty vs teams like Michigan, but for now we seemed to be able to overcome this disability with our strengths.

It may prove a difficulty vs teams like Michigan, but for now we seemed to be able to overcome this disability with our strengths.

Good teams with big forwards/centers will pack it in and double team XMAS full-time. At that point we'll basically have 0 offense.

Good teams with big forwards/centers will pack it in and double team XMAS full-time. At that point we'll basically have 0 offense.

Certainly is possible, but that should make the kind of jumpers we get be more of the open and set type. I do agree that we had some of those this game and it was troubling though. Cooney did have some of the ol' in an out though, to quote a decent movie.

We just don't have the guys right now - hard to believe we havent been able to recruit over Cooney until next year - really was expecting Gbinjie to do something this year

Our shootin' coach:
article-2274211-175F92F3000005DC-461_634x397.jpg

Cooney was 14% from the floor and 0% from 3PT in 31 mins of play. He's a huge liability on offence at present. How long do we wait for him to contribute??

Cooney was 14% from the floor and 0% from 3PT in 31 mins of play. He's a huge liability on offence at present. How long do we wait for him to contribute??
You think Jb is going to start Patterson? We will be waiting the whole seson for that

Totally thought this thread was about eastcoasts lack of game... but now that is out there..

I've given up... Cooney will play 36mins per game next year as well; because it's better to have Franklin Howard and Malachi Richardson languishing on our 6.5 player bench than "developing" while risking losses in important Novemeber and December games...

We don't have an answer right now - that's the problem

Tony DeFranco said:
We just don't have the guys right now - hard to believe we havent been able to recruit over Cooney until next year - really was expecting Gbinjie to do something this year

Who was recruited over Cooney?

I've given up... Cooney will play 36mins per game next year as well; because it's better to have Franklin Howard and Malachi Richardson languishing on our 6.5 player bench than "developing" while risking losses in important Novemeber and December games...
You might do yourself a favor and, well, try something else...

Is McNamara the problem? Is he coaching kids to shoot like he did? I don't know. One opinion of GMac while he was playing here was that he wasn't a good shooter (I know ...I had to wash out my ears to make sure I was hearing it straight)

He was a clutch shooter in many ways and could fill up a stat sheet on any given night from beyond the arc. But the comment was that when he missed, he wasn't missing where he should be missing--that a good shooter would draw front rim or back rim on a missed shot, but Mac hardly ever did.

I'm truly wondering if it's coaching here. Everyone thought that GMac would be such a wonderful coach because he was a fan favorite. But is he one to blame here?

You think Jb is going to start Patterson? We will be waiting the whole seson for that
That brings up a great question. How long does cooney have to play poorly before JB takes him out of the starting line up? It's obvious that this kid is head case and can't handle the big stage. We have to be talking about 20 games in a row of him playing poorly JB needs to throw the towel in o him. He's trying to will him in to being a good player and he just isn't

Is McNamara the problem? Is he coaching kids to shoot like he did? I don't know. One opinion of GMac while he was playing here was that he wasn't a good shooter (I know ...I had to wash out my ears to make sure I was hearing it straight)

He was a clutch shooter in many ways and could fill up a stat sheet on any given night from beyond the arc. But the comment was that when he missed, he wasn't missing where he should be missing--that a good shooter would draw front rim or back rim on a missed shot, but Mac hardly ever did.

I'm truly wondering if it's coaching here. Everyone thought that GMac would be such a wonderful coach because he was a fan favorite. But is he one to blame here?

Wait a minute, the team is a terrible shooting team because of McNamara's coaching? This board should be shut down for the night after that comment. Everybody go to bed.

Can u imagine when we play UNC, Duke and Ville? teams with great athletes? Cooney is getting locked down by schools the likes of Holy Cross - I'm hoping that Joseph can rapidly improve as I do think he is going to be good long term and something out of Gbingie would not be that much to ask for

Tony DeFranco said:
Please stop - Richardson looks like a pro type of guard - Cooney is a 3 star recruit that is a playing like a walk on

Cooney will start at the 2. Richardson will start at the 3. So again, who did we recruit over Cooney? Btw, if you wanna say Cooney isn't hitting any 3's, that'd be factual but a walk on? Don't watch what else he does? Enjoy his 35mpg.

Isn't GMac the same guy who coached MCW and Dion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom