JUDAH'S BACK | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

JUDAH'S BACK

Holy crap over the past decade it just ALWAYS seemed like whenever a guy was on the fence it meant they were gone. It’s nice to finally have one go our way.

Fingers crossed for a Jonny Flynn-esque frosh to soph progression. I think Judah’s presence is possibly the difference between not making and making the tourney next year.

This is all I needed to get back into the flow with Syracuse basketball. I love JB but the last few seasons felt like we had zero direction and were just completely stuck in the mud. What Red has done in these last few months from restocking the roster with the portal and now getting Judah to run it back, it’s all just been the biggest breath of fresh air and a much needed injection of life into this program. It’s only June and I’m excited for Syracuse basketball, I haven’t been able to say that in YEARS and man does it feel good. We’re on our way back.

Ok, so who's going to break down this roster for me.

Upside seems like a ton of athletes everywhere, especially at guard.

Downside seems to be 3 point threats and rebounders? (I'm asking).
I feel pretty good about Chris Bell's outside shot. He had his moments and I think he, JJ and Taylor get a bunch of open looks next year. Benny came on last year, improving his outside numbers.

About rebounding, it's tough to say until you see our defensive plan but we've got some guys that can prove to be physical. Whether that's enough, to be determined and only a guess until they play together.

1685583541510.png

I feel pretty good about Chris Bell's outside shot. He had his moments and I think he and JJ get a bunch of open looks next year.

About rebounding, it's tough to say until you see our defensive plan but we've got some guys that can prove to be physical. Whether that's enough, to be determined and only a guess until they play together.
It’s been so long playing zone, we forgot how much better we may rebound playing man defense.

Ok, so who's going to break down this roster for me.

Upside seems like a ton of athletes everywhere, especially at guard.

Downside seems to be 3 point threats and rebounders? (I'm asking).
Ironically, the forwards have tons of potential in both those areas. If they can live up to it, they will be the difference.

Kind of funny to think that if we paid Jesse what his father was demanding then Judah might have been out of price range at the last hour
How many times do I have to say this? There is ZERO relationship between the two regarding NIL money. Our two NIL collectives could NOT pay Jesse because of the international student complication. That is why the money offered to him had to be raised OUTSIDE of the two SU NIL collectives. If Jesse (his father) had accepted the money we offered him, it would have had ZERO impact on our NIL ability to retain Judah.

If the rest of the sophomores improve this team has ton of potential. Center and rebounds will be the weak point of this team, but I expect to make the tournament and be off the bubble.

30 is way too low, IMO.
I totally agree with you. But, Red has shown he can get the players. Now, we have to see what he does with them. I think this team is going to be motivated to win big. I can’t wait until the season starts. That Maui Classic is going to be the coming out party for Red’s Orange.

Holy crap over the past decade it just ALWAYS seemed like whenever a guy was on the fence it meant they were gone. It’s nice to finally have one go our way.

Fingers crossed for a Jonny Flynn-esque frosh to soph progression. I think Judah’s presence is possibly the difference between not making and making the tourney next year.
NIL and a coach who embraces the concept make a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom