No Huddle Tour | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

No Huddle Tour

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 5m5 minutes ago Pittsford, NY
Dino Babers calls the Carrier Dome renovation plan "outstanding." Has always spoken of using home-field advantage to its fullest.

Dino Babers doesn't say much when asked about Coyle's departure for Minnesota. Not nervous after having relies on college kids his career

Dino Babers touched on his Brooklyn satellite camp. Said he's still assessing NY's 2017 class. Called 2016 "picked over" on Signing Day.

More Boeheim on Dome: "Hopefully they can do it in a way that we wouldn't lose games in there. I think that's important and can be done."
This tells me they haven't totally eliminated the possibility of losing games

Jim Boeheim on losing AD Mark Coyle: "I don't think it's a setback. ... I don't think he really had a chance to make much of an impact."
Ouch. HCDB says 'Hi'

Jim Boeheim on losing AD Mark Coyle: "I don't think it's a setback. ... I don't think he really had a chance to make much of an impact."

Boeheim said he enjoyed working with Coyle. "I was impressed with everything he did." But athletic dept was in great position already.

Boeheim said losing a head coach at this juncture would be more troublesome than AD.

Yep to all of that.

Jake said:
Gotta ask why they didn't call it the "no huddle -fast break" tour.

How about the "no huddle-fast break-no AD" tour?

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 Pittsford, NY
Jim Boeheim said Pearl Washington was "easily the nicest guy" he's coached off the court. Roosevelt Bouie is only other guy in conversation.

Jim Boeheim telling a story about watching Floyd Little play football as a sophomore at SU. He went to see Gale Sayers. Little scored 5 TDs.

Floyd Little says the last time he saw Pearl Washington was alone in his hospital room before surgery. They prayed together.

Floyd Little jokes that he used to play pickup ball with Jim Boeheim at SU and "I used to eat his lunch."

Dino Babers recalls watching Floyd Little play with the Broncos. "As exciting he was as a HOFer in college and pros, he's a better person."

Dino Babers: "The thing that I need most from all of you is your support, and I need you to have faith." Calls for fans to come and watch.

Floyd Little was impressed with the speed of SU football this spring. Babers told him, like media, that they're only at half speed.

Floyd Little on Babers: "He's old school. He's a man of his word. When he tells you he's going to do something, you can take it 2 the bank."

Floyd Little says Dino Babers was offered more money by another school before taking the head coaching job at Syracuse.

Jim Boeheim said he knew Syracuse was going to beat Middle Tenn St when 1 of their players said they'd faced zones b4 and weren't worried.

Jim Boeheim on getting to Final Four after NCAA suspension: "It was easily the most satisfying coaching year I've had."

Jim Boeheim said he's still as excited about Syracuse basketball as he was when he walked on as a player and when he started as a coach.

Jim Boeheim reiterates his respect for Syracuse track and field coach Chris Fox. Calls him easily SU's best coach.

Dino Babers moved up his training schedule this spring after seeing a player doing a Shafer-era workout. Had to break habits fast.

Dino Babers: "How we come together in August will determine how we play in September, October and November."

Jim Boeheim on AD opening: "We'll get a great candidate in there, someone who will keep us moving in the right direction."

Jim Boeheim said he wants an AD who understands P-5 athletics and what coaches need. Doesn't need to be an SU alum; just someone who cares.

Jim Boeheim said he thinks a Syracuse local or alum could definitely fit that bill, though

Former Syracuse WR Andre Fontenette asks Dino Babers about recruiting NY, specifically Rochester. Babers points to SU camps on June 18-19.

Dino Babers said star rankings mean nothing in his evaluations. Added he's taken four players with no stars over the last four years.

Jim Boeheim asked about recruiting players. He said the kid and mother are crucial; jokes father is often "inconsequential."

Floyd Little jokingly announces himself as the 50-50 raffle winner. ... The actual winner did have "44" in his ticket number.

Last edited:
KellySyracuse said:
well that is an interesting quote right there. wonder who it was
Memphis?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online