2017 Spring Game Thread, ACCNX 10AM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Spring Game Thread, ACCNX 10AM

Was boring. Really can't take anything from games like this. Sure the defense looked less confused. Offense had some flashes. The Oline is working together for the first time and we ran maybe 60 plays total.
Now we just need the real season to get here.

SUJuice.com @TheJuiceOnline 2m2 minutes ago

Dungey: "It's always great to be in front of the fans, but all the work was done in practice."

Franklin says today's crowd is the biggest he's seen at SU for a spring game, including when he visited as a recruit.

Babers: "I think you need to look at how the young men are doing on the field. Coaches look at progression on the field."

Babers is trying to temper expectations with the schedule - 11 of 12 teams went to bowl games last season.

Babers cites the need for bigger, more physical players in the defensive backfield.

Franklin mentions a much higher comfort level with a year under everyone's belts with the new coaches and scheme.

I agree, but not that is was too slow. It was like they just wanted to get it over with. Very hard to watch and also hard to justify driving 5 hours to see what looked like a mess.

It's going to be hard to get folks to show for an hour scrimmage in the future, particularly if it starts at 10.

Barbers seemed very concerned with keeping players healthy knowing that it's going to be a demanding season.

Offense was very vanilla so hard to take away much from that. Philips is going to be a big part of offense, so his absence today was noticeable. Still think our running game -- outside of Dungey scrambles -- leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully one of the newcomers steps up there.

Pierce is going to be a big weapon. But I hope that fumble isn't an indicator of things to come.

Have a hunch DeVito will jump over Mahoney and Culpepper pretty quickly. Hasan is a nice athlete.

Glad to see Perkins has been moved back to running back -- even though we've known that for months.

Watching on ESPN3, HCDB told the ESPN sideline reporter that he was happy most of all to sustain only one significant injury all spring and that Aaron Roberts would be cleared to play by the time fall practice comes around. Did not elaborate as to how this would affect Roberts summer conditioning, etc.

What did everyone expect?Definitely knew we wouldn't get any mint chocolate chip, butter pecan, choc chip cookie dough. As expected we got an OD dose of extreme vanilla! and defense always loves vanilla.

Biggest takeaway? Secondary seemingly isn't "lost" anymore. Otherwise, really nothing to devine. We'll learn more during summer camp and the first couple of regular season games.
I agree with this. I liked how both Cordy and the D's Devin Butler played.

What did everyone expect?Definitely knew we wouldn't get any mint chocolate chip, butter pecan, choc chip cookie dough. As expected we got an OD dose of extreme vanilla! and defense always loves vanilla.
Yep, defense knows offense, shifting oline, and no way Dino puts real plays on tape. Add all that together and this is what you get. Not to mention first team offense was missing it's best WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom