2025 Transfer Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2025 Transfer Thread

images

Honestly do not know why Dan is saying that. Our own people have said nothing was ever really close to happening. Just sounds like some rumor leaked to the entire lacrosse social media world at some point and they ran with it. There is no "full story". Literally nobody left. The only underclassmen who received playing time that has left under Gait is Mateo Corsi in his first year. He has been damn near perfect with keeping the team together. Everyone just wants to act like horrible things are happening behind the scene with us because they know it will get clicks. We are totally fine. And we will be in the final four next season.

Honestly do not know why Dan is saying that. Our own people have said nothing was ever really close to happening. Just sounds like some rumor leaked to the entire lacrosse social media world at some point and they ran with it. There is no "full story". Literally nobody left. The only underclassmen who received playing time that has left under Gait is Mateo Corsi in his first year. He has been damn near perfect with keeping the team together. Everyone just wants to act like horrible things are happening behind the scene with us because they know it will get clicks. We are totally fine. And we will be in the final four next season.
Well said! Also have quite the freshman class coming in for Joey/Leo/Finn & co’s senior year after next! Hopefully can land a couple big 26’s like Jayden James & JP Maggio too

hearing the mike grace transfer may not be set in stone...
Makes sense to me, seems like a hell of a player, but as a HUGE D3 follower I’m not sure he has the athleticism for an ACC starter/impact player… maybe I’m wrong? You have a super talented freshman coming in as well in Bolognino

Makes sense to me, seems like a hell of a player, but as a HUGE D3 follower I’m not sure he has the athleticism for an ACC starter/impact player… maybe I’m wrong? You have a super talented freshman coming in as well in Bolognino
Looked hobbled with a knee injury in the championship game. Had a big brace on. Not sure if that is a factor or not. Was hoping he would look faster after getting healthy in the offseason.

Exactly. And unfortunately it wasn't just "at some point"... it was when the portal was open, and we'll never know if it prevented players from coming to SU. The coaches know the real story (I know I don't), and if there was never anything to this story I would be going after the media figures who ran with this story in order to find out what was really going on. Was this an attempt to prevent kids from coming to SU?

Exactly. And unfortunately it wasn't just "at some point"... it was when the portal was open, and we'll never know if it prevented players from coming to SU. The coaches know the real story (I know I don't), and if there was never anything to this story I would be going after the media figures who ran with this story in order to find out what was really going on. Was this an attempt to prevent kids from coming to SU?
There's no anti-SU conspiracy here. Just someone who thought they heard something, posted it trying to "get the scoop" or clicks and people ran with it. Happens everywhere on any social media. (Dan Mullen anyone?)

Too many people treat what they hear/read on the internet as gospel instead of waiting for something official. This isn't a jab at anyone here, just my view of people in general as I scroll through the different social media platforms.

Highly doubt it prevented anyone from coming to SU. Our portal needs are not as strong this year and anyone who we were in communication with could have easily been explained the situation. To me it just in the long trend of cuse being under a massive microscope due to its popularity. More fans than any other team equals more pundits focusing in on us. EVERY PROGRAM has guys almost transfer and guys who need to be talked into staying. We are the only ones that will get you a substantial amount of likes and engagement on twitter and elsewhere if you mention it.

Well said! Also have quite the freshman class coming in for Joey/Leo/Finn & co’s senior year after next! Hopefully can land a couple big 26’s like Jayden James & JP Maggio too
Feel free to delete this comment if it’s too off topic, but do the people here in the know consider the ‘25 class to be a good one? Excited for a couple players like Filardi, Hahn, and Kittleberger, but it has more of a ‘23/‘24 vibe than a ‘22 vibe to me. Does anyone that pays more attention to high school or college lacrosse outside of Syracuse have an opinion they wanna share on this?

There's no anti-SU conspiracy here. Just someone who thought they heard something, posted it trying to "get the scoop" or clicks and people ran with it. Happens everywhere on any social media. (Dan Mullen anyone?)

Too many people treat what they hear/read on the internet as gospel instead of waiting for something official. This isn't a jab at anyone here, just my view of people in general as I scroll through the different social media platforms.

Not trying to take a shot at your Lexus but there was a real concern that a top end player and and a semi-starter were going to Jump in the portal. In the end it worked thankfully but this was no game of telephone, it came very close to happening.

Highly doubt it prevented anyone from coming to SU. Our portal needs are not as strong this year and anyone who we were in communication with could have easily been explained the situation. To me it just in the long trend of cuse being under a massive microscope due to its popularity. More fans than any other team equals more pundits focusing in on us. EVERY PROGRAM has guys almost transfer and guys who need to be talked into staying. We are the only ones that will get you a substantial amount of likes and engagement on twitter and elsewhere if you mention it.
If I can't be a conspiracy theorist on the web, where in the H, E, Double Hockey Sticks can I?

Feel free to delete this comment if it’s too off topic, but do the people here in the know consider the ‘25 class to be a good one? Excited for a couple players like Filardi, Hahn, and Kittleberger, but it has more of a ‘23/‘24 vibe than a ‘22 vibe to me. Does anyone that pays more attention to high school or college lacrosse outside of Syracuse have an opinion they wanna share on this?
I’m not sure what the qualifications are on in the know, I’m no program insider, but in my opinion Filardi/Hahn/Kittleberger/Jake Meyer all are at a caliber that they should be immediately in the mix for impact positions. Filardi should be getting the 11 after Fig, that’s how high I think of him. The other three are all highly gifted athletes and are performing at a pace where if they keep it up I’m very excited to see their ceilings. Jake Meyer in particular has me very intrigued on how he develops as he was a dominant force this past HS season in a ATL area that has high level talent.

Not trying to take a shot at your Lexus but there was a real concern that a top end player and and a semi-starter were going to Jump in the portal. In the end it worked thankfully but this was no game of telephone, it came very close to happening.
will you name those players now that it’s safe? just curious i’m sure there is something back in post to hint at it but i’m asking for legit names if you be ok saying? If not no biggie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom