Andy Katz Video. Thoughts

If Davidson wins, we're screwed.

Unless we're already screwed.

We may never know.

If they did what he said, based off his comments we are in

Strong SOS and NCSOS

Played a lot of tournament teams

Beat Miami and Louisville on road

They also took into consideration Kansas lack of depth and injury and their accomplishments, so that will matter on some level

Let's peel back the onion on our quadrant 1 losses. 2 to Virginia, 2 to UNC, 1 to Duke and 1 to Kansas. 6 losses to teams seeded 0n or two. We're in.
HUGE difference between teams at the end of the bell curve and teams 20-25.

Strong SOS and NCSOS

They also took into consideration Kansas lack of depth and injury and their accomplishments, so that will matter on some level
Had exact same reaction. Also the Clemson win and no bad losses help.

But bees said we are the second team out. Not sure how he knows. That is concerning

I think it's us or Notre Dame for the last spot from the ACC. Note Dames strong wins in non conf when healthy worries me a lot. If Nevada hadn't lost I think both of us could have made it in. At this point I really think we are out. Not because we don't have a strong resume but because the bubble is much more competitive this year with more teams vying for final spots.

Su doesn't know anything until the selection show.
20e41f310db53edf9b0a31c76ea84bcb--me-before-you-photo-galleries.jpg

Not saying it happens every year or with every team, but word tends to slip out. Not directly to the public (excluding 2016's leak), but to individual schools.

It would not surprise me if Syracuse knows to pay close attention to the URI-Davidson game today.

DISCLAIMER - I have NO inside information here. Just what I have been told in previous years about what was known/not known.

Not saying it happens every year or with every team, but word tends to slip out. Not directly to the public (excluding 2016's leak), but to individual schools.

It would not surprise me if Syracuse knows to pay close attention to the URI-Davidson game today.

DISCLAIMER - I have NO inside information here. Just what I have been told in previous years about what was known/not known.
I have been following college bball and the selection show a long time I have never heard of info leaking before the selection show. Obviously all su fans players and the school know we will be one of the last teams in or out.

i gave you a like but it was mostly for the jpeg.

Strong SOS and NCSOS

I'm definitely more optimistic about our chances after hearing that interview. The fact that strength of schedule and road wins were both emphasized in that discussion has to be somewhat good for our chances...

I'm definitely more optimistic about our chances after hearing that interview. The fact that strength of schedule and road wins were both emphasized in that discussion has to be somewhat good for our chances...

these are differentiating factors for teams they deem similar and at the cut line. we don't really know if we are even one of the teams in consideration...

Sorry but Bees has no bleeping clue what the committee thinks.
They don’t leak chit.
Especially to who is out.

Syracuse making contingency plans in case they don’t make it is one thing. However to claim he was told we are the second team out is not believeable.

If URI wins today and Syracuse is the number one overall seed of the NIT he will be wrong and yet will claim he was right. The committee will release the first 4 out now.
If Syracuse isn’t second or if Davidson wins aren’t third he is wrong.

No chance that hearsay is factual.

The 2016 leak was after the selection show had gone 45 minutes only 2 regions released.
People were pissed with CBS stretching it out.

There is ZERO POINT ZERO chance Syracuse has been told our fate early. The NCAA will tell us to have contingency plans in place but they aren’t leaking that stuff. We have no people on the committee anyway.

It’s total hearsay. If he wasn’t a moderator it would get a lot more crap.

The 2016 leak was after the selection show had gone 45 minutes only 2 regions released.
People were pissed with CBS stretching it out.

There is ZERO POINT ZERO chance Syracuse has been told our fate early. The NCAA will tell us to have contingency plans in place but they aren’t leaking that stuff. We have no people on the committee anyway.

It’s total hearsay. If he wasn’t a moderator it would get a lot more crap.
All I know is what I have been told about the past from a very reliable source. If you know better, good for you.

I have been following college bball and the selection show a long time I have never heard of info leaking before the selection show. Obviously all su fans players and the school know we will be one of the last teams in or out.
My sr year, yes it was in the past century, I know for a fact that we knew before the official word was out on tv. and we were a bubble team. We had lost to the bonnies in the ECAC.

All I know is what I have been told about the past from a very reliable source. If you know better, good for you.
If he is right lay the cards out.
No need to waste people’s time.
When I have info I come out with it.

If Syracuse was told we are out he should just say that and say don’t bother with getting your hopes up.
We are out. If we are out I am okay.

If he is wrong on this it’s a BS move and credibility gone.

That is why just say it or say nothing.
I doubt Jim Boeheim knows our fate right now.
The committee doesn’t leak. As if JB knew what would stop him from going on ESPN and ripping the committee with the info I have posted on USC and show how weak their resume is and we are out.

My sr year, yes it was in the past century, I know for a fact that we knew before the official word was out on tv. and we were a bubble team. We had lost to the bonnies in the ECAC.
Do you believe a “source” on the committee told somebody at SU we are the 2nd team out and that source told Bees.

I believe your story. I don’t believe that crap. If he is right he should just tell people it’s over see you on Tuesday at the Dome. No reason not to go all-in if you know.

Do you believe a “source” on the committee told somebody at SU we are the 2nd team out and that source told Bees.

I believe your story. I don’t believe that crap. If he is right he should just tell people it’s over see you on Tuesday at the Dome. No reason not to go all-in if you know.
No. I don't believe that Syracuse was told they were the second team out. If someone was to tell syracuse that they are out, and I don't think they would at this point, they wouldn't tell them in my opinion, you were the second team out. Why would they do that? Who cares? Either you are in or out. Where you fell doesn't matter. And did they tell only us? Or other schools. say the team that was the first team out? Do they know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom