AP / Coaches Polls for Oct 13 | Syracusefan.com

AP / Coaches Polls for Oct 13

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES:​

Vanderbilt 68, Nebraska 62, Arizona St. 39, Oklahoma 36, Washington St. 32, Iowa 29, Texas Tech 18, Syracuse 13, Arkansas 13, Utah 7, Louisville 6, Southern Cal 5, Liberty 2, UNLV 1.

Last edited:
IMG_1487.jpeg

I’d like to see a breakdown of SEC- and B1G-based voters for Army and Navy. I’d wager that they would automatically sooner put Army or Navy in the Top 25 than possibly deserving ACC or Big12 team.

Last edited:
I’d like to see a breakdown of SEC- and B1G-based voters for Army and Navy. I’d wager that they would automatically sooner put Army or Bavy in the Top 25 than possibly deserving ACC or Big12 team.
Can't say for Navy but Army has steamrolled their opponents

Granted they are weak as heck, but they've dominated

Edit

Navy has dominated their opponents too

They both have played a pantry full of soup cans year to date

Only ones I really have a problem with being ranked are Michigan. That’s a joke. And Army and Navy are good, but would not be ranked if they played in a real conference because each would likely have lost by now.

If Daniel‘s fourth down pass hits Lewis’ arm we are ranked top 20. but it didn’t, so we are 31, but anyone 15-30 is very subjective, and mostly based on name and reputation.

and as was posted. margin of victory is not impressing posters.

Only ones I really have a problem with being ranked are Michigan. That’s a joke. And Army and Navy are good, but would not be ranked if they played in a real conference because each would likely have lost by now.

If Daniel‘s fourth down pass hits Lewis’ arm we are ranked top 20. but it didn’t, so we are 31, but anyone 15-30 is very subjective, and mostly based on name and reputation.

and as was posted. margin of victory is not impressing posters.
Michigan plays Illinois

One of them is dropping out next week

Can't say for Navy but Army has steamrolled their opponents

Granted they are weak as heck, but they've dominated

Edit

Navy has dominated their opponents too

They both have played a pantry full of soup cans year to date

I went to Army vs Rice @ Michie Stadium a few weeks back.

Rice was BAD.
They basically had 1 good player, who got the ball like 90% of the time.

Army’s QB is like a poor man’s Dungey. But at a lower level.

They aren’t remotely a Top 25 team.

We aren’t sniffing the Top 25 unless we win the next two games. Pitt is an absolute must win, but even that may not get us in the polls by itself. Damn that Stanford game.
You get “extra credit” for defeating a top 25 team especially on the road, so we will have that going for us, but of course you get “extra, extra, extra credit“ if you beat an SEC or Big 10 top 25 team anywhere, so that will go against us.

We lost the benefit of the doubt ranking around 2002

Eventually if we keep winning we will get some vanity rankings.

I don’t worry about it until it loses us a spot in the tournament

Honestly I prefer having the chip on our shoulder. The Stanford loss stings but we have beat likely 4 bowl teams, 2 on the road. We should be ranked, but it doesn’t matter if we don’t beat Pitt.
Everybody knows we lost at home to a horrible Stanford team that likely won’t win another game. It will take a lot of wins to change that perception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom