As Syracuse transitions to mobile ticketing, some fans feel left behind | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

As Syracuse transitions to mobile ticketing, some fans feel left behind

I mean you all acting like this article is the end all be all. DID ANYONE CALL THE DOME AND ASK IF ITS 100% COMPLIANCE?

my cousin called and they said they can accommodate those who have other needs. I had a lot of questions like my cousin but he (70 years old) told me they said they pretty much will help him and print tickets as needed.

this whole thread is ignorance like syracuse woild discrimate trying to keep people out of the building. Maybe everyone things our Orange are always out to get us but yeeesh this board is too negative without doing their homework if

the issue was never about how many people wouldnt be able to get into the dome.. its a dumb backward thinking policy. Not every new tech method is the best way to do things.. it should be an addition to a how its done now, not a drop dead conversion. tech should enhance the experience.
and yes i have had the conversation with the school, was told its better for everyone to do it this way and if people couldnt deal with it just dont show up..

much like other conversations over the years.. we dont need out of town scores, we dont want stats, we dont need a replay board. we cant install field turf, the wifi is great, the 4g is great, the sound is great, the web site doesnt suck..

For those of us with season tickets they have no excuse not to ship the tickets to our house, how are they going to sell tickets to walk up? Sorry your phone won't work no entry, they just add another headache to people when we don't have spectacular football or basketball teams, why do we always have to be trying something different, how about be above average in the two main sports

I mean you all acting like this article is the end all be all. DID ANYONE CALL THE DOME AND ASK IF ITS 100% COMPLIANCE?

my cousin called and they said they can accommodate those who have other needs. I had a lot of questions like my cousin but he (70 years old) told me they said they pretty much will help him and print tickets as needed.

this whole thread is ignorance like syracuse woild discrimate trying to keep people out of the building. Maybe everyone things our Orange are always out to get us but yeeesh this board is too negative without doing their homework if

This thread - Central New York at it's finest :) Never seen a fanbase that gets off so much on ripping it's own school without doing any research.

This thread - Central New York at it's finest :) Never seen a fanbase that gets off so much on ripping it's own school without doing any research.

Give me a break. You think there is a single season ticket holder out there that doesn't want some cardboard stubs shipped to their house in return for their commitment/money?

Give me a break. You think there is a single season ticket holder out there that doesn't want some cardboard stubs shipped to their house in return for their commitment/money?

If that's a serious question,, as long as I get in the game, I wouldn't lose sleep either way.

Not sure what that has to do with my comment or your comment that I responded to. None of them actually last for 13 years, so you have to replace them. I waited for forever to get one because I don't care to be constantly connected and didn't want the extra cost. I only got one when I accidentally laundered my dumb phone and only smart phones were available. I was pissed when they told me it was an extra fee for network access now that I have one. I use mine just like I used my old phone. I don't like being forced to pay for features I don't care about. I have used mine to access the internet about 5 times in the 3 years I've had mine.

I'm not saying a smartphone will last for 13 years, I'm saying they have been available for that long.
If the barrier between you buying tickets or not buying tickets is having a smartphone, well, they've been available for free for half a generation already.

Not having a smartphone is like not having the Internet, at this point. It's like still using a fax machine. Sure, I'm sure you can find some of them out there who still do that, but if they want to get tickets, they can get a free phone from most carriers by signing up for a plan.

If they can't afford a phone, well, you're talking about a small fraction of the fan base. I guess those people will have to take a bus or get a ride up to the box office to buy their tickets. It's not like the change has any impact on them anyway.

Congrats, so you never bought anything inside the arena?

He would perform favors in the hallway for beer and hotdogs from the concessionaires.

Phones really dont like being shoved into a pocket. Not really good for the phone long term running so hot and where else do you put them once you go in?
I don't disagree with you on the overall unhappiness with e- tickets, but you're starting to get nitpicky with some of your counterpoints. I keep my phone in a pocket all the time without issue.

I'm not saying a smartphone will last for 13 years, I'm saying they have been available for that long.
If the barrier between you buying tickets or not buying tickets is having a smartphone, well, they've been available for free for half a generation already.

Not having a smartphone is like not having the Internet, at this point. It's like still using a fax machine. Sure, I'm sure you can find some of them out there who still do that, but if they want to get tickets, they can get a free phone from most carriers by signing up for a plan.

If they can't afford a phone, well, you're talking about a small fraction of the fan base. I guess those people will have to take a bus or get a ride up to the box office to buy their tickets. It's not like the change has any impact on them anyway.
Would I be able to buy tickets and use my phone? Yeah, and I'd deal with it with minor grumbling, but there are a fair number of people that wouldn't. There are still old people that don't adapt to technology. Some of them have lots of money and have supported the university for a long time. When did it become acceptable for a business to alienate their customers over something so stupid? People aren't demanding that the university start doing something inconvenient that they've never done. They're requesting they continue to do something they've done for decades that's not that expensive or difficult to maintain.

The cost thing was not my main point. I mentioned that earlier as a reason I held out, not because I couldn't afford it, but because I don't like being forced to pay for things I know I won't use because they've been linked to something I need. Do you like paying for things you don't use? Do you happily shell out money for stuff you don't want?

I don't disagree with you on the overall unhappiness with e- tickets, but you're starting to get nitpicky with some of your counterpoints. I keep my phone in a pocket all the time without issue.
not saying it isnt done all the time.. but its not good for the phones

So the University says that if this policy causes issues for you, call the ticket office and they will work with you. And no one in this thread has actually made that call? Yet we have post after post decrying what an insensitive and fan averse policy they are implementing.

I love the internet
Well I called more than a week ago, nobody home, left a message to call me back, still waiting, which admittedly is unusual. I guess I will try again sooner or later.

Would I be able to buy tickets and use my phone? Yeah, and I'd deal with it with minor grumbling, but there are a fair number of people that wouldn't. There are still old people that don't adapt to technology. Some of them have lots of money and have supported the university for a long time. When did it become acceptable for a business to alienate their customers over something so stupid? People aren't demanding that the university start doing something inconvenient that they've never done. They're requesting they continue to do something they've done for decades that's not that expensive or difficult to maintain.

The cost thing was not my main point. I mentioned that earlier as a reason I held out, not because I couldn't afford it, but because I don't like being forced to pay for things I know I won't use because they've been linked to something I need. Do you like paying for things you don't use? Do you happily shell out money for stuff you don't want?
They might end up finding a lot of the fans who signed up after the 2018 season, saying so long why bother.

They might end up finding a lot of the fans who signed up after the 2018 season, saying so long why bother.

They already did that.

Has nothing to do w mobile ticketing.
And everything to do with winning.
Or not.

who has a month to month plan except for trying to save money. and better phones are not free without 2 yr contracts.. still service matters and getting cheap phones and poor service doesnt help. huge areas around here where there is no service for many providers.

as long as I can text and use apps I don't need the newest phone. I paid straight cash for an Iphone 7 last winter at Wal Mart and do their month to month straight talk plan.

Jesus, Matt. Not your finest work.

So I reached out to my season tickets rep for some info to help those who have not reached out and to tee up some general questions. As follows:
1). The dome is getting upgraded Carrier Service as part of the overall project. So data and voice should be better than before.
2). At this time there are no plans for charging stations.
3). My rep indicated that if you don't have a phone there is a will call option to get your tickets. (Perhaps you get your tickets the day before when there is less traffic).
4). She indicated you can download to your phone or screen shot the tickets to your phone. NOTE: She highly recommends doing that while at home again perhaps the day before so if there is an issue they can help. Make sure the screenshot has the QR code in it.
5). If you have a problem game day she indicated just go to the dome box office and they will assist you.
6). If phone is out of power or lost or not working just go to the box office. NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE YOUR ID WITH YOU.

If you are not sensing it there is clearly a over arching tone of if you need help just call us or come to the box office. They are very willing to help and will help. That's it folks. Hopefully this alleviates some people's concerns. Cheers!

they should add the charging stations in phase 2 or 3 when they continue working on concessions. its not an issue to me since i always charge my phone for about an hour on the ride but if your making an all day from 3/4 hours before kickoff the entire game to the end of the game , it could be, but you can also plan on it ahead of time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom