Asst coach | Syracusefan.com

Asst coach

HC AA needs to prioritize the defensive side of the ball with his 1st hire. A disciple of Tony Bennett or Kelvin Sampson- the 2 best defensive coaches in the game- would be ideal. Recruiting track record should be second to this.

It’s interesting that you bring up Bennett when a criticism of his defense is that it’s susceptible to getting threes rained down on its head. The sentiment here has generally been that we want better perimeter defense and true m2m.

It does not have to be some hotshot recruiter. I’d rather have someone that can develop players and teach fundamental offense and defense.

Red will be able to recruit talented kids. I have no doubt. He has the background and personality to connect with them. He has already closed on the best portal player out there.

You can bring in all the 5 stars you want a la Calipari but if you can’t teach them the fundamentals or how to shoot properly it won’t matter.

It does not have to be some hotshot recruiter. I’d rather have someone that can develop players and teach fundamental offense and defense.

Red will be able to recruit talented kids. I have no doubt. He has the background and personality to connect with them. He has already closed on the best portal player out there.

You can bring in all the 5 stars you want a la Calipari but if you can’t teach them the fundamentals or how to shoot properly it won’t matter.
I hate Calipari and I think he is a terrible coach but his deficiencies are covered well by those 5 stars. I don't think you should ever turn down getting the next generation of NBA talent. The guys on the bench clearly can improve players skills, get a recruiter who can get the top players in and lets worry about the rest after.

I hate Calipari and I think he is a terrible coach but his deficiencies are covered well by those 5 stars. I don't think you should ever turn down getting the next generation of NBA talent. The guys on the bench clearly can improve players skills, get a recruiter who can get the top players in and lets worry about the rest after.
Not so much the last few years. His major edge is gone since it’s all legal now,

Are his deficiencies covered though? He has one title out of what seems like 20 number one recruiting classes. And he only has that one because of Anthony Davis. He returned the national player of the year as well as a great recruiting class plus portal players and still has underwhelmed this season.

I absolutely do not want an NBA factory for a team. I want Virginia/Villanova type teams. Good strong loyal players who stick around. Good fundamental offense and defense. Build up a strong foundation of players and build off that.

I would take a team of 3 star seniors over a team of 5 star freshman any day of the week.

Are his deficiencies covered though? He has one title out of what seems like 20 number one recruiting classes. And he only has that one because of Anthony Davis. He returned the national player of the year as well as a great recruiting class plus portal players and still has underwhelmed this season.

I absolutely do not want an NBA factory for a team. I want Virginia/Villanova type teams. Good strong loyal players who stick around. Good fundamental offense and defense. Build up a strong foundation of players and build off that.

I would take a team of 3 star seniors over a team of 5 star freshman any day of the week.
I agree!!!
Signed, Carmelo Anthony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom