ASU/Oregon | Syracusefan.com

ASU/Oregon

Orangezoo

In the wind
Wow- Oregon is just bad this year. ASU taking them to OT at Oregon tonight.

did he leave or was he asked to leave (told he wouldnt start)?

No he wasn’t asked to leave. He sought to leave to a program that would highlight his perimeter shooting more. He wanted to be a more perimeter player assuming that it would make him more valuable to the NBA.

How’s that working out for him?

No he wasn’t asked to leave. He sought to leave to a program that would highlight his perimeter shooting more. He wanted to be a more perimeter player assuming that it would make him more valuable to the NBA.
Great win by ASU. Won 69-67 in OT. Old friend Jay Heath scored the last 5 points to beat the Ducks.

ASU 69, Oregon 67

#PlayerPTSFG3FGFTORDRREBAPFTOBLSTMIN
13*GUERRIER83-51-31-31450400026
I listened to the game a bit at the start on the radio. Q played well early and was Oregon’s best player. Had like 6 points and 4 rebounds early.

Buy he got his 2nd PF early too, got taken out and that was pretty much it for him. Altman was not willing to keep playing him with 2 PFs. I bet in the same circumstances (with Q playing well), JB would have kept him in.

ASU has decent talent, they just seem to play to the level of their competition. That's a coaching issue.

ASU win was good for us but I think it says more about how bad Oregon is than ASU being better. Hurley's best pickup this off-season in the portal laid a goose egg and they still won. Hurley has been awful with this group as was mentioned in other threads

No he wasn’t asked to leave. He sought to leave to a program that would highlight his perimeter shooting more. He wanted to be a perimeter player assuming that it would make him more valuable to the NBA.
Wasn’t he also upset that we brought in Cole and Jimmy already while his decision was “still up in the air”?

ASU win was good for us but I think it says more about how bad Oregon is than ASU being better. Hurley's best pickup this off-season in the portal laid a goose egg and they still won. Hurley has been awful with this group as was mentioned in other threads
As an ASU alum, I pay a bit more attention to their program than most others and it always seemed like Hurley was an odd fit for them. Frankly I think Hop would have done much better there, and certainly better than he's doing at Washington.

As an ASU alum, I pay a bit more attention to their program than most others and it always seemed like Hurley was an odd fit for them. Frankly I think Hop would have done much better there, and certainly better than he's doing at Washington.

Good point. Definitely could see Hop being better there for sure.

Wasn’t he also upset that we brought in Cole and Jimmy already while his decision was “still up in the air”?
im assuming he was told he wouldnt be a gauranteed starter next season and that was enough to convince him to leave...or am I wrong?

personally I wouldve told him the same - between him cole benny and jimmy thats a good group of forwards but QG wouldnt be a lock starter of those 4 imo...definite key player but not clear top option 40m/game type...wouldve been a good thing to have him on this years team for sure though.

I keep seeing this type of post. It’s the opposite transitive property than is normally applied. Usually it is “we beat so and so who beat so and so who beat…” and on it goes to prove our team is good. Now a combination of fear of the repercussions of appearing positive, general pessimism, and the classic upstate NY inferiority complex, we have swapped it to: “we beat so and so therefore they must suck and that team beat another team so that team must REALLY suck” and so on. Quite fascinating, actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom