Buddy Buckets | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Buckets

Buddy Buckets, bustin' brackets, fillin' stat sheets, makin' haters cry. Just shoot and shoot some more Buddy Buckets until there is nary a dry eye. --A sonnet by Cusefellow.

Last edited:
I was way wrong on Buddy. His season turnaround and his efficiency change is basically unprecedented.

The dude is at Neo-realizing-he's-the-one level awareness.

I honestly was fine if he would have heat checked a 35 footer.

I think it has helped that JB has expanded the rotation and I'll just say that I think if you gave Buddy truth serum, he would rather be in the backcourt with Kadary to start the game.

This run is amazing. Nothing against GMac's BE tourney run (I was in the house for the Cincy win), but I knew that was ending at some point.

Right now, Buddy is a stone cold killer. He is tearing the hearts from these teams that do everything right on defense and he still is dropping it in from 25 feet.

Can't expect him to do it every game, but if he even gets a step on his defender and a little space, I expect the ball to go in. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

It's beautiful.

Sooooooo…..

Jimmy Boeheim? I’ll take any of them. Is he at the tournament? Is he eligible if we get to April?

Sooooooo…..

Jimmy Boeheim? I’ll take any of them. Is he at the tournament? Is he eligible if we get to April?
Heck, I'll take a flyer on Jim's daughter for next year, too. She should be able to handle the top of the zone if she's playing next to Kadary.

I'm sure Buddy is very fit, but in reading articles about how Steph Curry preps and how much he runs on most of their sets just to get open, and over the course of each and every game (approx 2.5 miles per game), I wonder if this is an area where Buddy can improve (further) so fatigue is less of an issue as the game progresses. Hopefully it is very clear that this is not a dig or criticism of his performance to date, but an area where he could become just that much more lethal.

Buddy shot 27.5% from 3 over our first 11 games.

Over the last 12, he is shooting 48.4% from 3 AND he is now the player that teams game plan for.

Just insane.

CoVid sucks. It really does take a long time to recoup even getting it mildly. It's mentally a struggle and while you aren't really sick in the weeks after you just aren't yourself mentally or physically. I'm sure others on here who also have had it can attest. Im at 7 weeks and a healthy extremely active 37 yrs old and I can't imagine trying to hoop every day the way I feel. You are seeing him finally feeling himself and showing off what I expect was there before the first pause ahead of Bryant.

One key thing is that the Kadary and Joe backcourt combo works pretty well on the floor, so JB can have confidence that the team won't fall apart when Buddy is given a breather.

Exactly this.

While Buddy’s 2nd foul (which was a very good one to give away) might have ‘forced’ JB to sit him -
Joe & Kadary & Bras & Jesse & Marek all played great, and we actually extended our lead while Buddy sat.

Hope that JB remembers this lineup works well, and isn’t afraid to go to it again.

Our D is SOOOOOO much better with Jesse at the 5, Marek & Bras on wings, and Kadary, with Joe/Buddy as SG.

Buddy showed lots of love for Gmac's coaching during press conference.
Of course gmac is the man, hut otto’s grove is a site that has take shots at gmacs recruiting

Buddy's last 10 games (since Feb 9th) - all double figures scoring, averaging 22.2 points per game.

He's hit 42 three's - 4.2 per game.

He has taken 84 attempts from three.

So for the last 6 weeks Buddy is shooting 50% from three.

Those numbers are INSANE.

Buddy Buckets!!!

Buddy showed lots of love for Gmac's coaching during press conference.

I would not be one bit surprised that GMac is a good coach at skills development and shooting form. Eric Devendorf has been around the team in the recent past, and has also probably worked with Buddy at some point. Buddy is a sponge.

I don’t know .. if playing pro is something he wants to do , can’t imagine leaving on a higher note ... coming back might only give opportunity for a back slide

Of course if he just enjoys playing college and for his dad .. then he’s staying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom