Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal meth ball pick for Georgetown from slater... he was just there not long ago for their opening night festivities.

saved_by_the_bell_jessie_ac_slater_kelly_kapowski.jpg
Crystal meth ball pick for Georgetown from slater... he was just there not long ago for their opening night festivities.

Can’t help but think that the fact that he still hasn’t scheduled an official is not a good sign.

I'm wondering if landing JBA may make it harder to land a second big like Wahab?

I don't see us getting Stewart (would love to be wrong). Kai already eliminated us. It's been awfully quiet on the Kofi front. Outside of Dimon Carrigan (whose grades may or may not be an issue) and Qudus Wahab (who some say could land at Pitt or even UConn) what other college ready centers would we offer that are able to make an immediate contribution?

The way I see it, JBA won't scare any elite centers away but he may decrease the likelihood we land another guy in the 3-4 star range.

Can’t help but think that the fact that he still hasn’t scheduled an official is not a good sign.
Wasn’t he here 2 or three weeks ago on official. Almost positive he was.

Wasn’t he here 2 or three weeks ago on official. Almost positive he was.

That was an unofficial visit. He is now making his rounds of official visit and scheduled most of them although we did not get a schedule date.

I'm wondering if landing JBA may make it harder to land a second big like Wahab?

I would think that having Bourama on the roster would be the block on adding bigs, well before JBA would be a consideration. BS will be a junior on the roster when these kids join. And based on what we've seen so far out of BS he looks like a four year guy and looks like a guy who would contribute at the 5.

That was an unofficial visit. He is now making his rounds of official visit and scheduled most of them although we did not get a schedule date.
He gone

I would think that having Bourama on the roster would be the block on adding bigs, well before JBA would be a consideration. BS will be a junior on the roster when these kids join. And based on what we've seen so far out of BS he looks like a four year guy and looks like a guy who would contribute at the 5.
What about the plan to add two bigs? That's been talked about a lot. Sidibe first needs to prove that he can stay on the court before I think he scares anyone away.

What about the plan to add two bigs? That's been talked about a lot. Sidibe first needs to prove that he can stay on the court before I think he scares anyone away.

All reports so far is Sidibe is healthy and looks good. Now time will tell, but this could be a factor in decision making.

All reports so far is Sidibe is healthy and looks good. Now time will tell, but this could be a factor in decision making.
That's great that early signs are promising, but a guy coming off surgery who barely played as a freshman would not IMO scare a good big away.

Everyone was so adamant that we would land two bigs. I definitely think it's needed.

That's great that early signs are promising, but a guy coming off surgery who barely played as a freshman would not IMO scare a good big away.

Everyone was so adamant that we would land two bigs. I definitely think it's needed.

And we still might. It just probably won’t be Wahab.

And as far as Sidibe goes I’m not sure why the fans keep claiming to know more than the coaches when it comes to his health.

And we still might. It just probably won’t be Wahab.

And as far as Sidibe goes I’m not sure why the fans keep claiming to know more than the coaches when it comes to his health.
Hope you're right about the second big, especially considering everyone has insisted that we will land one more.

That said, it doesn't matter what my opinion (or any other fan) is on Sidibe. Any player coming off surgery who barely played as a freshman shouldn't scare off a good big. That's not an indictment of Sidibe's health/talent or the staff's judgement, just something I think is reasonable to assume.

Last edited:
Hope you're right about the second big, especially considering everyone has insisted that we will land one more.

That said, it doesn't matter what my opinion (or any other fan) is on Sidibe. Any player coming off surgery who barely played as a freshman shouldn't scare off a good big. That's not an indictment of Sidibe's health/talent or the staff's judgement, just something I think is reasonable to assume.

"Everyone insisted..."

Not sure what you are harping on. The staff's plan all along has been to bring in two bigs. We have the open scholarships to do so, and have continued to pursue bigs despite landing Ajak.

We even tried to snare one late last offseason, to bolster depth at the position. Failing to do so, they are looking to accomplish that in this class. Not sure what your basing the skepticism on.

We don't have to sign someone by November. Guys will be available in the spring. We still don't know if players will stay committed to schools tied up in the FBI investigation.

We've signed a lot of players in the spring recently.

Braswell
Marek
TT

We don't have to sign someone by November. Guys will be available in the spring. We still don't know if players will stay committed to schools tied up in the FBI investigation.

We've signed a lot of players in the spring recently.

Braswell
Marek
TT
what is this TT you speak of?

"Everyone insisted..."

Not sure what you are harping on. The staff's plan all along has been to bring in two bigs. We have the open scholarships to do so, and have continued to pursue bigs despite landing Ajak.

We even tried to snare one late last offseason, to bolster depth at the position. Failing to do so, they are looking to accomplish that in this class. Not sure what your basing the skepticism on.
No skepticism or harping! I do disagree with some who've posited that there will be players available in the spring. That might be true, but it's not a given, and can be risky.

I just think it's funny because when I voiced that we needed to get another big in addition to JBA (because he's considered a project by most), I was criticized and told to chill out because we were taking two in this class. I just want to land someone more college ready. Maybe Dimon can provide that if his grades end up ok?

Last edited:
what is this TT you speak of?

TT is Taurean Thompson in this case.

It should also be noted that it's always an option (usually less preferable) that we get these guys this late.
It usually means someone has either decided to transfer or we've lost people early for whatever reason.

Just this past summer Osun came down to SU and where he ended up going, St. Bonaventure.

TT is Taurean Thompson in this case.

It should also be noted that it's always an option (usually less preferable) that we get these guys this late.
It usually means someone has either decided to transfer or we've lost people early for whatever reason.

Just this past summer Osun came down to SU and where he ended up going, St. Bonaventure.
I know, I just no longer acknowledge his acronym or any future stats he puts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom