Class of 2017 - C Sean Auwae (HI) from Vandy in Portal | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C Sean Auwae (HI) from Vandy in Portal

BANYC

Scout Team
There is a Center from Hawaii at Vandy, Sean Auwae, who is available. He was a part-time starter.

With the Cavanaugh and the 2 OLs coming in, does anyone know where SU is with Auwae?

There is a Center from Hawaii at Vandy, Sean Auwae, who is available. He was a part-time starter.

With the Cavanaugh and the 2 OLs coming in, does anyone know where SU is with Auwae?

Did we offer him back in the day? There's not a thread on him, at least until now, so I'm guessing no.

I know it's not a hard and fast rule. But, in general, if we didn't offer him during the Dino years, then we're probably not interested.

Did we offer him back in the day? There's not a thread on him, at least until now, so I'm guessing no.

I know it's not a hard and fast rule. But, in general, if we didn't offer him during the Dino years, then we're probably not interested.
Weren't a number of the transfers we've brought in guys we hadn't offered originally? Alton Robinson, AET, Ravian Pierce?

Weren't a number of the transfers we've brought in guys we hadn't offered originally? Alton Robinson, AET, Ravian Pierce?

Dino’s staff wasn’t at Syracuse when any of those guys were HS seniors except Alton, but that was the short cycle 2016 class they closed out largely with guys they targeted at Bowling Green (Servais, Armstrong, Foster, etc). So yes we didn’t offer them but in the context of this staff they really couldn’t have offered them.

Last edited:
Looks smaller than our current center options

Dino’s staff wasn’t at Syracuse when any of those guys were HS seniors except Alton, but that was the short cycle 2016 class they closed out largely with guys they targeted at Bowling Green (Servais, Armstrong, Foster, etc). So yes we didn’t offer them but in the context of this staff they really couldn’t have offered them.
That's not true. He could've offered at Bowling Green, but that really doesn't matter. The point is we landed transfers without having prior relationships before. There's no reason to think having a prior relationship is a prequisite now.

That's not true. He could've offered at Bowling Green, but that really doesn't matter. The point is we landed transfers without having prior relationships before. There's no reason to think having a prior relationship is a prequisite now.

My point is that, rather than just tossing someone's name out there and asking if we have any interest, the least a poster can do it at least see if we have any kind of history with that player. It's not that hard to do.

My point is that, rather than just tossing someone's name out there and asking if we have any interest, the least a poster can do it at least see if we have any kind of history with that player. It's not that hard to do.
Not too hard to see if there is any possible current interest or even if the kid is still available. ;)

Why? Does it actually matter??

I get that having some semblance of a prior relationship during initial recruiting may be helpful.

It also may not be.

The best kind of relationship to have is the coach’s daughter with a starting P5 lineman. :p

I get that having some semblance of a prior relationship during initial recruiting may be helpful.

It also may not be.

The best kind of relationship to have is the coach’s daughter with a starting P5 lineman. :p

It also may not be.

I just think the person posing the question should do a little homework, that's all. Work like: Did we have interest?/What's his career been like?

And I think most posters do that homework. When they don't, I admit, it annoys me a little. If you can look it up, look it up, then post.

A prior relationship may be good but these players are looking for new opportunities. We clearly have issues with several positions groups. I do not think it can all be attributed to injuries. Other schools in our conference are filling needs. Not saying su is not trying but if you were an OL or NT and you looked at our depth why would you not seriously consider coming. That is what concerns me that DB is thinking it was all injuries. I hope I’m wrong. Like all fans we want su to win. I know so does the staff but for that to happen they need to fill certain positions of need.

A prior relationship may be good but these players are looking for new opportunities. We clearly have issues with several positions groups. I do not think it can all be attributed to injuries. Other schools in our conference are filling needs. Not saying su is not trying but if you were an OL or NT and you looked at our depth why would you not seriously consider coming. That is what concerns me that DB is thinking it was all injuries. I hope I’m wrong. Like all fans we want su to win. I know so does the staff but for that to happen they need to fill certain positions of need.
This isn't what the thread or posts are about. It is about posters picking random names off the internet and starting a thread without even checking to see if the kid is still in the portal or has already committed elsewhere.

This isn't what the thread or posts are about. It is about posters picking random names off the internet and starting a thread without even checking to see if the kid is still in the portal or has already committed elsewhere.
I would agree if the player is no longer in the portal but a majority of the threads I’ve seen were available players. If you are on this site it is because you are a die hard fan. Posting eligible players that can help the program generates discussions which it seems a fan board is designed to do.

I would agree if the player is no longer in the portal but a majority of the threads I’ve seen were available players. If you are on this site it is because you are a die hard fan. Posting eligible players that can help the program generates discussions which it seems a fan board is designed to do.
But that isn't what this thread is about. Again the point is if you are going to start a thread at least do some homework about the player. See if they are still available and if there might be some connection to the program. Otherwise it's just clutter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom