Chucks | Syracusefan.com

Chucks

Love Chucks. Hope if someone else bought it they don't change it. Too many memories there.

They can Defiently upgrade it, clean it up and do something with the tables and chairs. But 3.50 pitchers of miller lite taste great and especially those deep fried pickles... That place turned into my home away from Home during the basketball season.

They can Defiently upgrade it, clean it up and do something with the tables and chairs. But 3.50 pitchers of miller lite taste great and especially those deep fried pickles... That place turned into my home away from Home during the basketball season.

I once saw Devendorf throw 1 of those chairs ~40-50 ft in the midst of an all out melee and hit someone square in the back of the head.

biggest bar brawl i have ever seen.

Screw Chuck's. Someone needs to reopen Darwin's.

way overrated IMO.

here are my rankings of bars open during my 4 years:

1. konrads (open for my fresh, closed mid soph, i believe. if you couldnt pick up a girl here...)
2. chucks (you could go there on a sunday night and get plowed for like $11, $14 if you bought a dozen wings. best place pre and post bball games).
3. harrys (just loved the atmosphere, always knew the bartenders)
4. lucy's (easiest place to pick up girls post konrads)
5a. old maggies (has a soft place in my heart, another easy place to pick up girls)
6. faegans (i know that i am going to killed for this, but this is the most boring bar in the world. i still enjoy it for flip night, beer tour, and food - and post football games)
7. darwins (i never understood the draw, it wasnt horrible by any means. just didnt understand it).
8. new maggies (not syracuse scene. VIP lines, bottle service etc...)
9. the bunker (open for a week? - side note, i was the 1st syracuse student in the bar - i got my picture taken, never saw that picture again)

I once saw Devendorf throw 1 of those chairs ~40-50 ft in the midst of an all out melee and hit someone square in the back of the head.

I've heard a number of people mention that same exact story. Can you provide more details? I'm having an annoying Monday and need to be entertained.

way overrated IMO.

here are my rankings of bars open during my 4 years:

1. konrads (open for my fresh, closed mid soph, i believe. if you couldnt pick up a girl here...)
2. chucks (you could go there on a sunday night and get plowed for like $11, $14 if you bought a dozen wings. best place pre and post bball games).
3. harrys (just loved the atmosphere, always knew the bartenders)
4. lucy's (easiest place to pick up girls post konrads)
5a. old maggies (has a soft place in my heart, another easy place to pick up girls)
6. faegans (i know that i am going to killed for this, but this is the most boring bar in the world. i still enjoy it for flip night, beer tour, and food - and post football games)
7. darwins (i never understood the draw, it wasnt horrible by any means. just didnt understand it).
8. new maggies (not syracuse scene. VIP lines, bottle service etc...)
9. the bunker (open for a week? - side note, i was the 1st syracuse student in the bar - i got my picture taken, never saw that picture again)
Konrad's? Come on now. It was great if you wanted to stand in a cramped bar drinking with nothing but 18 year olds. Of course, since you apparently were one of them...

And Harry's was, at least in my time there, frequented by douchebags and cocaine dealers. I knew one of the latter, who wasn't a bad guy, but still. Coke dealer. Apparently he did most of his business there, from what I understand.

Faegan's is my current favorite on the Hill, though I miss the Faegan Burger. My favorite sandwich ever. Of course since I live in Texas it doesn't much matter that they got rid of it.

Konrad's? Come on now. It was great if you wanted to stand in a cramped bar drinking with nothing but 18 year olds. Of course, since you apparently were one of them...

And Harry's was, at least in my time there, frequented by douchebags and cocaine dealers. I knew one of the latter, who wasn't a bad guy, but still. Coke dealer. Apparently he did most of his business there, from what I understand.

Faegan's is my current favorite on the Hill, though I miss the Faegan Burger. My favorite sandwich ever. Of course since I live in Texas it doesn't much matter that they got rid of it.

yes, i am sure konrads wouldnt be as high if it was open during my jr/sr year. but it was only open during my prime attending years.

And it was fun.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Konrad's in my time. My buddy was a bouncer/bar back there so we always got in quickly, and yes, illegally, and got the occasional special treatment.

Darwin's was out go to spot for Friday happy hour though. We'd get there at 3 or 4 to secure a table, enjoy $3 pitchers and play a$$hole for hours. So much fun.

I've heard a number of people mention that same exact story. Can you provide more details? I'm having an annoying Monday and need to be entertained.

i saw the devo incident. i was about 10 ft away. it was trob devo and josh wright. they were on the far side of the bar away from the door. im not sure what exactly prompted it but it was possibly them not wanting to pay for drinks. the fight was between the staff/bouncers and those three players. no student involvement from my memory. the sequence of events, as i remember, was josh wright was physically thrown out of the bar. trob got into it. someone held back the bouncer and trob punched the guy in the face while he was being held back. eventually the fight died down when enough help got there. as devo was leaving the bar, he picked up the chair and threw it. he wasnt aiming at anyone, just launched it into a crowd. i believe it hit some girl.

this happened quite some time ago and like i said, the details are a bit hazy, but im fairly certain of the parties involved.

however, i would certainly disagree that it was the biggest bar brawl ever. ive seen worse.

Walked up to a kid I had a class with during the last week before graduation in Chuck's. I asked him how he'd kept his spot right next to the bar for the whole night while it was so crowded. He told me any time he had to pee he just leaned down a little and went right on the base of the bar. For anyone who wants to know why Chuck's smells so bad, there's a small contributing factor.

i saw the devo incident. i was about 10 ft away. it was trob devo and josh wright. they were on the far side of the bar away from the door. im not sure what exactly prompted it but it was possibly them not wanting to pay for drinks. the fight was between the staff/bouncers and those three players. no student involvement from my memory. the sequence of events, as i remember, was josh wright was physically thrown out of the bar. trob got into it. someone held back the bouncer and trob punched the guy in the face while he was being held back. eventually the fight died down when enough help got there. as devo was leaving the bar, he picked up the chair and threw it. he wasnt aiming at anyone, just launched it into a crowd. i believe it hit some girl.

this happened quite some time ago and like i said, the details are a bit hazy, but im fairly certain of the parties involved.

however, i would certainly disagree that it was the biggest bar brawl ever. ive seen worse.

you got that pretty much right.

started when josh wright's friend from home peed on the bar, just so happened to splash on a buddies foot. they kick the friend out, and then josh started arguing with the bouncer.

and iirc the chair hit a guy.

the bar was SLAMMED, and everyone was taking pictures during the melee. there has to be hundreds of pics floating around.

the football team (mainly perry patterson) is the only reason this didnt end much worse for the bouncers.

it was the biggest, i have ever seen. or maybe the most stressful, because i thought it ended our promising season before it ever began. but it was never meant to be because the team sucked anyway.

Once saw a girl get a beer poured on her and maybe a few punches/slaps were thrown. But I didn't pay much attention, I was busy with those beers in my hands.

But I think your moment has mine beat, yeah for surely it does.

I went to Syracuse from 98-02 and for the life of me I can't remember Chuck's being there. I know I never frequented it and I frequented A LOT of bars in my four years.

Screw Chuck's. Someone needs to reopen Darwin's.

I spent every Friday afternoon at Darwin's my junior and senior years. Can't beat a happy hour that starts at three with a dollar and fifty cent pitchers.

I went to Syracuse from 98-02 and for the life of me I can't remember Chuck's being there. I know I never frequented it and I frequented A LOT of bars in my four years.

hungry charlies ring a bell?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom