Chucks | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chucks

the chucks i went to 86-90 was in basement located next store to the current chucks-- place was awesome and massive-- food cafeteria in front--part arcade- part pool hall -- cheap pitchers- good music- dirty as hell

the chucks i went to 86-90 was in basement located i next store to the current chucks-- place was awesome and massive-- food cafeteria in front--part arcade- part pool hall -- cheap pitchers- good music- dirty as hell

that's the one that i remember as well.

Disagree to the fullest extent.

I would say go to Faegan's, but anyone that thinks Chucks is anything more than terrible doesn't deserve to enjoy the hill's finest establishment.

God I feel old now the Old chucks was great for just going out to drink dirty and nasty overall but cheap. I want to say Bugsy's(?) was the place to meet girls. I could have messed that up but it was a long time ago and all I remember is us being comp'd drinks like they were going out of style because we knew the bartender.

the chucks i went to 86-90 was in basement located next store to the current chucks-- place was awesome and massive-- food cafeteria in front--part arcade- part pool hall -- cheap pitchers- good music- dirty as hell

The current Chucks used to be Sutters.

Why must you continue to be wrong?

Chucks is a terrible bar, just awful.

Give me your reasoning here. I am with bnoro on this one. Love that place. Great college bar with cheap drinks and good music. Sounds like you got denied too many times with your fake id.

If you went to SU in the last four years at least, and you didn't play lacrosse, Chuck's was your bar. Faegan's is fun on the special nights, and DJ's can be okay as spillover for when Chuck's is too full, but Chuck's is the bar at Syracuse right now. You can go in there at just about any time, see plenty of people you know, eat and drink for cheap, listen to good music, and it's just always a good time. Now, it may just be a self-fulfilling prophecy as everyone goes to Chuck's and therefore, Chuck's is more fun because everyone goes there, but that doesn't matter. Almost any regular bar-goer from recent Syracuse graduating classes had a better time at Chuck's than anywhere else.

I'll take Faegan's any day of the week over a bar wherein people have no problem pissing on the floor.

I'm sure I'd have liked Chuck's had it been there when I was a student, because it's basically the new 44's/Konrad's, but those places were shitholes too.

I could also be soured because the first time I ever went to Chuck's the men's room was backed up and flooding so, in that instance, it was pretty much the definition of a , literally.

If you went to SU in the last four years at least, and you didn't play lacrosse, Chuck's was your bar. Faegan's is fun on the special nights, and DJ's can be okay as spillover for when Chuck's is too full, but Chuck's is the bar at Syracuse right now. You can go in there at just about any time, see plenty of people you know, eat and drink for cheap, listen to good music, and it's just always a good time. Now, it may just be a self-fulfilling prophecy as everyone goes to Chuck's and therefore, Chuck's is more fun because everyone goes there, but that doesn't matter. Almost any regular bar-goer from recent Syracuse graduating classes had a better time at Chuck's than anywhere else.

Was just going to post this, Dan.

Here is my rundown of the current SU bars:

1) Chucks-- upperclassmen favorite because it is difficult to get into with a fake id. Always packed on Thurs, Fri, Sat nights. Thurs has $2 bottles and Fri has $3.50 pitchers. Always see people you know, including current and former SU athletes. Yes, saw Fab (almost) everytime. Used to get stamped around 8, then come back around 12 and hop to the front of the line.

2) Faegans-- biggest nights are tuesday for beer tour and wed for flip night. Flip night was fun occasionally. For those unfamiliar-- you flip a coin and if you guess right you get your beer for free (Blue Moon mmmm). Rarely went during the semester because my schedule didn't allow it (yes I went to class). Senior Sundays were also fun, $3 long islands. Blackknight, know anything about that?

3) DJs-- underclassmen favorite because it is almost impossible to not get into with a fake id. Usually ended up here around 1:30am on weekends plastered. Used to buy $1 pounders, definitely not needed 100% of the time, but that is college.

4) Lucy's-- only went a few times. Big greek life bar. Obviously, cute girls. Then you heard them talk. Big night was tuesdays because cheap cover and cheap(er) drinks.

4)Harry's--never went here. I saw the crowd that did go there and it wasn't for me. Lot of lax bro's hanging here. Not my crowd.

I'll take Faegan's any day of the week over a bar wherein people have no problem pissing on the floor.

I'm sure I'd have liked Chuck's had it been there when I was a student, because it's basically the new 44's/Konrad's, but those places were shitholes too.

I could also be soured because the first time I ever went to Chuck's the men's room was backed up and flooding so, in that instance, it was pretty much the definition of a , literally.

Any current or recent student will tell you the real bathroom at Chucks was behind the dumpster outside. My roommate got a bucket of water thrown at him by an employee of one of the restaurants up there who complained it smelled bad. Naturally my roommates response was, "It's a fu**ing dumpster".

Any current or recent student will tell you the real bathroom at Chucks was behind the dumpster outside. My roommate got a bucket of water thrown at him by an employee of one of the restaurants up there who complained it smelled bad. Naturally my roommates response was, "It's a fu**ing dumpster".
I can't remember ever actually peeing inside. The dumpster was always a hilarious place to stumble out to.

Faegan's is the old man bar.

no frosh - jr ever went to faegans unless it was beer tour or flip night.

Faegans liked it that way, the other bars liked it that way, the students liked it that way.

my ranking was based purely on my 4 years on the hill. As an alum when i visit, my top 2 are chucks and faegans.

Graduated 6 years ago, but other than that, Blackknight nailed it

Are we including the Armory Square bars? For a stretch, PJ Dorsey's was a favorite for us. That's when they had the "A-Team" of hot bartenders, including one who basically looked like a mix of Reese Witherspoon and Jenny McCarthy. She will forever live in legend with my buddies and I because of one instance where we were on one side of the bar, she served a beer to a guy on the other side, he complained about it, she came back over to pour him a new one and quietly and casually said to us "That's the first time I've ever had a guy complain about me giving him too much head."

Needless to say, she was our favorite from there out.

Are we including the Armory Square bars? For a stretch, PJ Dorsey's was a favorite for us. That's when they had the "A-Team" of hot bartenders, including one who basically looked like a mix of Reese Witherspoon and Jenny McCarthy. She will forever live in legend with my buddies and I because of one instance where we were on one side of the bar, she served a beer to a guy on the other side, he complained about it, she came back over to pour him a new one and quietly and casually said to us "That's the first time I've ever had a guy complain about me giving him too much head."

On one of my friend's 21st she decided she wanted to get off the Hill and we went to Armory Square. Daisy Duke's bartenders lived up to the name of the establishment. Incredibly attractive girls in the short jean shorts and flannel shirts. Was a nice change of scenery, and a fun place to drink. Also was a big fan of Empire Brewery's food and house brews.

I don't get it.

I kid. PJ Dorsey's is still popular. I was downtown a few weeks back and popular bars seem to be Sudds, Benjamin's on Franklin Street, Empire, Daisy Dukes, Mullys (for underage kids).

We always enjoyed Blue Tusk, too, largely because they had such a great selection of beers there and we liked to pretend we were classy. We weren't very convincing.

Give me your reasoning here. I am with bnoro on this one. Love that place. Great college bar with cheap drinks and good music. Sounds like you got denied too many times with your fake id.

Note signature below, Chucks wasn't open when I was under 21.

In every time back on the hill, Chucks is terrible. I think the cheap pitchers are clouding your mind of the terrible. You get what you pay for, and at Chucks, you pay for terrible.

In every time back on the hill, Chucks is terrible. I think the cheap pitchers are clouding your mind of the terrible. You get what you pay for, and at Chucks, you pay for terrible.

I've only been there once since I left and I'm with you. I wouldn't go back and I never drink cheap pitchers anyway.

Lot of substance in that response.

Lot of substance in that response.

If this happened at Chucks, nobody would think it was out of the ordinary.

drunk.jpg

If this happened at Chucks, nobody would think it was out of the ordinary.

drunk.jpg

that would be disgusting if it ever happened at chucks. a lot more disgusting that this picture, for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom