Chucks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chucks

I went to chucks more in high school than I did when I was of age to drink. It was always fun and we used to go on buy one pitcher get one free night. Maggie's was fun and 44's was too. Faegans was mostly older crowd but honestly if I could get a cold beer I had a good time

hungry charlies ring a bell?

It doesn't. That is amazing that I never went there during my time on the hill. Or never went there when I was sober enough to remember anyway!

Fab cut the whole line in the bathroom last year and took a piss in the sink at Chucks. This 5 foot nothing asian kid tried to start with him because he cut the line and Fab just yelled, "I'm f-cking Fab Melo, do something". Needless to say, the kid did nothing.

I went to Syracuse from 98-02 and for the life of me I can't remember Chuck's being there. I know I never frequented it and I frequented A LOT of bars in my four years.
I was there from 99-03, and Chuck's was not there, so you're not crazy and didn't miss out on a bar. When we were there, we had Konrad's, Lucy's, Faegan's, Maggie's, Harry's and Darwin's on Marshall Street (or close enough to M-Street). Chuck's wasn't there at the time.

Fab cut the whole line in the bathroom last year and took a piss in the sink at Chucks. This 5 foot nothing asian kid tried to start **** with him because he cut the line and Fab just yelled, "I'm f-cking Fab Melo, do something". Needless to say, the kid did nothing.

Too bad the kid didnt go all bruce lee on fab and knock some F***king sense into him. Wasted opportunity right there.

Fab cut the whole line in the bathroom last year and took a piss in the sink at Chucks. This 5 foot nothing asian kid tried to start **** with him because he cut the line and Fab just yelled, "I'm f-cking Fab Melo, do something". Needless to say, the kid did nothing.
Fab was always so humble

Similar to your story about sink pissing, my buddy got caught doing that there on gameday and we all got kicked out cause we were friends with him...like What dude!!!

I was there from 99-03, and Chuck's was not there, so you're not crazy and didn't miss out on a bar. When we were there, we had Konrad's, Lucy's, Faegan's, Maggie's, Harry's and Darwin's on Marshall Street (or close enough to M-Street). Chuck's wasn't there at the time.

i think i read his post wrong... it was closed for awhile. i guess it reopened fall 2003.

i think i read his post wrong... it was closed for awhile. i guess it reopened fall 2003.
I believe you are correct. My brother graduated from SU law in 2004, and he frequented Chuck's his last year.

I went to Syracuse from 98-02 and for the life of me I can't remember Chuck's being there. I know I never frequented it and I frequented A LOT of bars in my four years.
It closed my freshman year (97) and then opened back up a year or so after I was gone. So you aren't crazy.

That makes me feel better I thought I may have been ruffied (sp?) or something!

I believe you are correct. My brother graduated from SU law in 2004, and he frequented Chuck's his last year.

That explains everything then. Went to a game this year and hit Chucks for the first time since I left after graduating in 95. The place didn't feel familiar at all, but at the time I just chalked it up to being drunk every time I was at Chucks.

My favorite memory is seeing the Mighty Mighty Bosstones there and watching my then girlfriend/now wife jump off the stage and crowd surf.

That reminds me of one of the highlights I recall from Konrad's. The Barenaked Ladies played a show at SU, and randomly showed up at Konrad's, which obviously had mostly 18 and 19 year old girls in there, so there you had these three dumpy, early 30's musicians being absolutely swarmed by hot, young, not yet legal to drink coeds. Hilarious.

That reminds me of one of the highlights I recall from Konrad's. The Barenaked Ladies played a show at SU, and randomly showed up at Konrad's, which obviously had mostly 18 and 19 year old girls in there, so there you had these three dumpy, early 30's musicians being absolutely swarmed by hot, young, not yet legal to drink coeds. Hilarious.

Was that around this time?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,383449,00.html

Somebody needs to send that on that Sports Fella Bill Simmons. That's almost as good as "Who wants to sex Mutombo?"

Prob when they did the impromptu concert for vh1 in 2002.

I have no idea if there's any truth to the rumor, but from sophomore year on, Chuck's may have been my favorite bar on the Hill. However, that has just as much to do with Chuck's as it does with all the crackdowns on M Street that took place from 2004-07ish.

Agree with you there, place was a death trap, although i will miss the $4 pitchers

Go to Dinosaur and get a pitcher of Saranac. It will cost you $24.

I graduated in 06; am I crazy or were pitchers of Miller Lite (I think) $3 at that point? They've been raised a bit since then, but I have it in my mind that they were $3.

I graduated in 06; am I crazy or were pitchers of Miller Lite (I think) $3 at that point? They've been raised a bit since then, but I have it in my mind that they were $3.

They were $3. recently raised them to $3.50.

really no sweat off my back. i usually gave $4 or $5 anyway. Now I just give $5.

Love Chucks. Hope if someone else bought it they don't change it. Too many memories there.

Why must you continue to be wrong?

Chucks is a terrible bar, just awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom