Colgate Game Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Game Thread...

Well can it get any worse than that?

I didn’t see Carlin at all tonight? Is he hurt/sick?
And did buttermore play?

Sorry - not sold on Quinn at all - wasn’t last year, still not - terrible shot selection - looks out of place on the field - someone please tell me why everyone is so high on him?

I will never understand why so many coaches want set plays. The reality is that once the play is discovered, defenses adjust. Also, even if the defense does not adjust to a set play per se, they still get lucky otherwise. There is an old military maxim that states: No battle plan ever survived first contact with the enemy. The same is true with set plays.

Teach kids to read the field, play fundamentally sound and you will win. Transition is always important, use it to your advantage.

There is an old military maxim that states: No battle plan ever survived first contact with the enemy. The same is true with set plays.

“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face” — Mike Tyson

I may just be a little salty and melodramatic right now... but is this the beginning of the end of Syracuse lacrosse? Tucker or no Tucker, Syracuse should have easily won this game. The leadership on this team (or lack thereof) is messy. From start to finish both the offense and defense looked as if they’ve never played with each other before. So much for improving on the ground ball issue? Hell, we’re even worse!!! I gave Desko the benefit of the doubt last year but after hearing that Yale scrimmage performance and then totally getting blasted on all cylinders against Colgate, i’m saying fire every last one of them.

I may just be a little salty and melodramatic right now... but is this the beginning of the end of Syracuse lacrosse? Tucker or no Tucker, Syracuse should have easily won this game. The leadership on this team (or lack thereof) is messy. From start to finish both the offense and defense looked as if they’ve never played with each other before. So much for improving on the ground ball issue? Hell, we’re even worse!!! I gave Desko the benefit of the doubt last year but after hearing that Yale scrimmage performance and then totally getting blasted on all cylinders against Colgate, i’m saying fire every last one of them.
I would congratulate Wildhack if he fired Desko in mid-season. Entirely appropriate.

When would you fire Desko? Today? Who replaces him now? You’d be guaranteeing 3-9

That was tough to watch. The orange can't scoop a ground ball. Too many shooters not changing levels. I could go on...I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face” — Mike Tyson
they got punched in the face last week against Yale. Desko said in the press conference that they watched the film and learned from their mistakes. BRUH, WHERE??!? Sure as hell looks like they haven’t learned anything.

We have not had a goalie in 10 years
What’s Porter to do with no one backing him up? Yes, i’m talking to you AUSTIN. Yes, i’m talking to you TYSON. Yes, i’m talking to you CUNNINGHAM. They’re the seniors that are supposed to be leading the defense and they are awful. The lower class LSM’s play with more grit than them.

Albany smoked the Orange last tear, Big Red knocked them out of the Tourney, Lost To COLGATE!?! Maybe Hobart can get the trophy this year too. This is on JW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom