Congrats uconn. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Congrats uconn.

Have no problem with UConn here. Better than 3 B10 teams in the Final Four.

I think UConn gets a B10 invite if they ever get AAU. Maybe even before then. Would be better to have them in the ACC. Let's lock this basketball thing down.

It wouldn't shock me, but if they do it will be because of cable subscribers, not basketball.

They do? I don't recall their class being particularly good. Did they get a late one?

Daniel Hamilton out of Cali is coming in next year and is a Jordan AA (many say he should have been McDs) - 5 star on some sights. Sam Cassel's son is also in their class.

They have two other top 75 guards coming in the next year.

Unless they're given a b1g life raft they're still stuck in an absolute mess of a conference. Let them be stuck there.

This is 100% right. Most of the board doesn't seem to have the foresight to see beyond on a Sunday afternoon bball game, but Uconn just isn't going to be a consistent national player long term if they don't land in the B1G. Can they still be a good program? Absolutely. But they are essentially going to be playing in the east coasts version of a Mountain West level conference. There will clearly be a lag in the degradation of the program, but it's going to happen. You can't consistently compete for national titles playing in a substandard league.

NKR1978 said:
It wouldn't shock me, but if they do it will be because of cable subscribers, not basketball.

If UConn gets a BIG invite, the ACC missed the boat.

UConn, Rutgers, Maryland and Penn State locks up the Northeast.

I complimented UConn in another thread. But enough of our own fans throwing SU under the bus and saying we don't get it done in March. We had a disappointing loss this year. But we made the Final 4 ourselves just last year! What a bunch of what have you done for me lately fans! Ridiculous.

Briancuse said:
Lets take it easy Napier isn't Walker, and Uconn won't be playing kentucky or butler next week.

They've already beaten Florida this year.

Siva < napier
Smith > boatright
Hancock > giffey
Behanan > daniels
Dieng > uconn center

Point is they have similar personnel and style of play. However id only take napier over siva out of all of those matchups.

Lets take it easy Napier isn't Walker, and Uconn won't be playing kentucky or butler next week.
Napier is a first team all american who is currently knocking down all the shots when his team needs him the most. Sounds a lot like what Kemba did his year. I understand UCONN is playing Florida but UCONN has beat them before.

If this is what irrelevancy looks like, can we please become irrelevant?

Woah is us. I was sitting in Atlanta just last year at the FF.

Uconn has BE level players still on the roster. Of course there will be a lag in the degradation of their program. But you really think their new "neighborhood" will have no effect on their program? Irrelevant is too strong. But they are certainly going to take a long term hit if they don't upgrade their 'hood.

I'll take irrelevancy!

Watching Ollie take his "mid-major" team to Texas really solidifies my opinion that Boeheim needs to move on and Syracuse needs to find a young, offensive-minded coach to take over. Hopkins is not necessarily the solution, either. It's a top-five or ten gig in the country and the AD should hire accordingly.

Anyone that thinks that Kevin Ollie could not produce four final fours in forty years is crazy, especially at Syracuse with its fanbase and facilities. He's already a quarter of the way there at lowly UConn.

Woah is us. I was sitting in Atlanta just last year at the FF.

Uconn has BE level players still on the roster. Of course there will be a lag in the degradation of their program. But you really think their new "neighborhood" will have no effect on their program? Irrelevant is too strong. But they are certainly going to take a long term hit if they don't upgrade their 'hood.

I keep having to check to make sure I'm not on the boneyard. So many uconn fans here today.

Briancuse said:
On a buzzer beater at Uconn in early december.

They still won,

And UConn is a much better team than it was in December.

Thanks for another post about how great UConn is. Were the other 9 on the first page of the board not enough?

If UConn gets a BIG invite, the ACC missed the boat.

UConn, Rutgers, Maryland and Penn State locks up the Northeast.
UConn is never going to get a B1G invite. Never. They probably won't ever get an ACC invite. And UConn started 3 sr.s. Good for them. Buty keep in mind, Waiters nwas in the same class as Napier. Not to mention MCW. We have lost 4 young guards in the last 5 years. Everyone loses guys but those schools that do ahve trouble getting to the final four. And final fours and tied at 5 between the two of us. And it is going to take time for the bottom to fall out. They will struggle when the $$$ dries up.

jgeorge322 said:
Siva < napier Smith > boatright Hancock > giffey Behanan > daniels Dieng > uconn center Point is they have similar personnel and style of play. However id only take napier over siva out of all of those matchups.

There's a blueprint here.

SU had a very good backcourt last year.

I think we'll know the next time SU is ready to make another run.

Thanks for another post about how great UConn is. Were the other 9 on the first page of the board not enough?
Also managed to get in a "JB should retire" comment in there.

Quazzum69 said:
I'll take irrelevancy!

Watching Ollie take his "mid-major" team to Texas really solidifies my opinion that Boeheim needs to move on and Syracuse needs to find a young, offensive-minded coach to take over. Hopkins is not necessarily the solution, either. It's a top-five or ten gig in the country and the AD should hire accordingly.

Anyone that thinks that Kevin Ollie could not produce four final fours in forty years is crazy, especially at Syracuse with its fanbase and facilities. He's already a quarter of the way there at lowly UConn.

Yeah - let's all forget about the Final 4 we went to only last year! Terrible post.

Congrats to UCON and and to the BE. I can't be the only one that respects the hell out of that program and what they've done. They are also SU's true biggest rival not Georgetown. Even Marsh would admit as much. I will be rooting for them to win it all. GO BE!!
Wow. Too far bro.

I keep having to check to make sure I'm not on the boneyard. So many uconn fans here today.

We have a pretty significant portion of our fan base who have a rather sizable inferiority complex. I'm guessing their jealous? Don't count me in that group. And long term, we get to play in the ACC. They get to play against Tulsa. Let's see where the trajectory of each respective program is in 5 years.

Two wins away.

teachers-head-explodes.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom