Do ya think Silent G | Syracusefan.com

Do ya think Silent G

The public got a kick out of me saying he was a "straight G".

I got a kick of out saying LYDON "pulled a G" when he attempted that monster dunk! Someone, maybe briefcase, told me his man had gotten in his ear and angered him, and after seeing that I believed him!!! Holy goodness, Im more excited than ever for whatever time we're blessed to have him. I know it's off topic, but thank G for establishing those near-highlight monster misses that TL got in on tonight!

I also wonder how much Coach K wishes that he had G back. I mean, on the one hand, his leaving may have opened the way for them to recruit Justice Winslow (no competition for minutes) and clearly they did fine last year. On the other hand, looking at Duke this year, they're probably one G away from being a top 5-10 sort of team. I don't think Mike improves the same way if he's at Duke--he's clearly excelled at being a big PG who can make the transition to the 2 at the next level.

I also wonder how much Coach K wishes that he had G back. I mean, on the one hand, his leaving may have opened the way for them to recruit Justice Winslow (no competition for minutes) and clearly they did fine last year. On the other hand, looking at Duke this year, they're probably one G away from being a top 5-10 sort of team. I don't think Mike improves the same way if he's at Duke--he's clearly excelled at being a big PG who can make the transition to the 2 at the next level.
He wouldn't be on this Duke team.

I have to tell, two games ago when the announcers referred to G as the "Duke transfer" it really pissed me off. He's Orange as Orange can be. The transfer was a lifetime ago. God I hated that commentary.

Probably the same announcers who would constantly tell the viewers that Andy's dad Leo played for SU or that Brandon's uncle also played ball for Cuse, even as seniors.

Don't know how many posters are baseball fans, but the right situation, the right team makes all the difference in the world. So many players considered average, placed in the right situation excel. that is the story of G.

Our team's culture was a better fit too.

Etan probably improved more from when he arrived on campus than anyone. But he was a stud athlete--ditto Seikaly.

Most dramatic improvement by senior year [some of this was based upon greatly improved PT]:
  • Lazarus Sims
  • Allen Griffin
  • Howard Triche
  • Wendell Alexis
  • Rak
Who'd I leave out?

Etan probably improved more from when he arrived on campus than anyone. But he was a stud athlete--ditto Seikaly.

Most dramatic improvement by senior year [some of this was based upon greatly improved PT]:
  • Lazarus Sims
  • Allen Griffin
  • Howard Triche
  • Wendell Alexis
  • Rak
Who'd I leave out?

Andy Rautins, Rick Jackson.

G has been anything but silent for the 2 NCAAT games!

Where do you think G goes in the draft?

Andy Rautins, Rick Jackson.

Yeah... but those guys were high level contributors BEFORE their senior years. They kicked it up a notch, no argument there, but they were pretty good before senior years. Compared to, say, Rak or Z.

• Lazarus Sims
  • Allen Griffin
  • Howard Triche
  • Wendell Alexis
  • Rak
Who'd I leave out?

Andy Rautins who was a bonafide scrub his freshman year and an invaluable asset borderline star his senior year.

Yeah... but those guys were high level contributors BEFORE their senior years. They kicked it up a notch, no argument there, but they were pretty good before senior years. Compared to, say, Rak or Z.

I think the disconnect is you are talking solely about jr to sr jump. Everyone else is talking about improvement over the career.

Silent G was excellent at the end of last year too

But in your case - rak and z were avg at best players for 3 years and very valuable as seniors. But i don't think that is the discussion here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom