Dome Audio System | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Audio System

This deserves to be its own thread but what is the situation with the stadium seating; what will the new capacity be, will there be a padded option and will current STH be forced to move at all?
I know none of those answers.

I just know that not having somebody else’s butt sliding into your seating territory will be nice - though in recent years that’s mainly only ever been an issue at 30,000 + hoop games.

And I don’t need or want padded, but it will be nice to not notice that the seats are kind of brutal. Like, when I go to pro sports stadiums with seats - I don’t spend one second thinking about how the seats feel. At the Dome, they can start to hurt.

I just know that not having somebody else’s butt sliding into your seating territory will be nice - though in recent years that’s mainly only ever been an issue at 30,000 + hoop games.

And I don’t need or want padded, but it will be nice to not notice that the seats are kind of brutal. Like, when I go to pro sports stadiums with seats - I don’t spend one second thinking about how the seats feel. At the Dome, they can start to hurt.
Honestly the current seat backs are ridiculously comfortable, and make it impossible for someone to slide into your space (unless they are maniacs or something). The seat backs are so worth the extra money.

Honestly the current seat backs are ridiculously comfortable, and make it impossible for someone to slide into your space (unless they are maniacs or something). The seat backs are so worth the extra money.
Still too tight with the people next to you. My butt is fine but my arms and legs are up against my neighbors.

Still too tight with the people next to you. My butt is fine but my arms and legs are up against my neighbors.
That’s probably fair, we have aisles so I don’t notice that as much.

The problem with seat backs is they have severely limited the leg room of the person behind you. I literally have no place for me knees when the dude in front of me lean into his seat back. The is going to sound incredibly weird but here it goes…I have to spread my legs around his torso when he leans back.

Maybe, it's not the butt that is the issue, but perhaps the 'tone' in which one's butt is sliding into that territory. ;)

images

This deserves to be its own thread but what is the situation with the stadium seating; what will the new capacity be, will there be a padded option and will current STH be forced to move at all?
ive heard it may be another year before the seats issue is settled as they have to figure out specifically basketball relocations. Subtract 2 to 3 seats off each row and that will be the capacity, should be arounbd 44k which is more than enough

The problem with seat backs is they have severely limited the leg room of the person behind you. I literally have no place for me knees when the dude in front of me lean into his seat back. The is going to sound incredibly weird but here it goes…I have to spread my legs around his torso when he leans back.
You must be tall. If you need that room, makes me think your legs would be in the person’s back if they didn’t have a seat. The seats don’t protrude beyond the upper nor seat of the metal bench, the sitting part of the seat backs aren’t angled beyond the metal seat. The open space between rows behind the bench seat aren’t wide though - tough to navigate the space when leaving a row to get to the aisle - we have to swing our legs sideways or stand, turn our feet to let people pass.

Ugh that makes sense; the people behind us actually slid over to the right on Friday night after half time. I thought maybe I was giving too many high fives but it was probably the seat backs. My high fives are fun.

ive heard it may be another year before the seats issue is settled as they have to figure out specifically basketball relocations. Subtract 2 to 3 seats off each row and that will be the capacity, should be arounbd 44k which is more than enough
I could see them doing 44k because of the number.

The audio needs to be fixed, the bigger issue is there is absolutely ZERO synergy between the audio (PA System announcements), what is playing on the video boards, and the band.

There are times (and this happens far too often) when there is something being said on the video board and the band is playing and you can't hear what is being said. Or times when a video hasn't finished playing and the band starts up and now it's just an unlistenable noise that is not pleasant to listen to. Or when there is an announcement on the PA system and then a video starts and you can't hear either.

I know in most college stadiums that are outdoors that are larger venues the band playing probably wouldn't effect such things. But in a small dome, with a poor audio system, Syracuse can't look at other schools and play the "well other schools do this" as an example. Syracuse's situation is different.

Like a director of a LIVE TV show the Dome needs someone to literally keep all 3 of these things (Band, Video Board, Audio on the PA system) to run. Literally, cue each one to be played at different times so at no time 2 things are happening at the same time.

Now if they currently have that, well then that person is just bad at their job. If not, that's what's needed. NO MORE THAN 1 THING CAN BE PLAYED AT ONCE! It dilutes all 3 and makes it impossible to listen to.

In regards to the "quality" of the audio, I really think they have the volume turned up way too loud. Move that dial from a 10 to a 6 and I think it solves that. But again, by turning it down you can't have other things (ie band or video boards) playing stuff when the PA system is in use.
Someone in the booth sitting beside the video/graphics person needs to raise or lower the volume based on what's going on. Down for the announcers, up for the band and for the video board when the players give their home towns.

I could see them doing 44k because of the number.

We don't even need that many. We can put in comfy seats and reduce capacity by 1/8th. That puts us at 43k which will still be bigger than P5s Wake, Washington State, Duke, Cincy, Houston, and Vandy. We can go down to 41k and still be ahead of all of those schools. Going up to 44k doesn't jump anyone. I know 44k has significance but I rather have wider seats and be at 43k.

I think about it every game. I have no idea how they are going to do it. I can’t figure out the geometry of how the seats will fit.

We don't even need that many. We can put in comfy seats and reduce capacity by 1/8th. That puts us at 43k which will still be bigger than P5s Wake, Washington State, Duke, Cincy, Houston, and Vandy. We can go down to 41k and still be ahead of all of those schools. Going up to 44k doesn't jump anyone. I know 44k has significance but I rather have wider seats and be at 43k.
I don’t disagree I’m just saying I could see it happening.

Yeah sound was bad. I am sure they will tinker with that and get it right but yeah you couldn’t hear the messages on the video scoreboard….from the announce…..from that lady with the mic and the music was barely discernible. I will say this though…..it was loud as a mofo in that building on 3rd downs…I mean hellaloud.
It may take the advertisers/sponsors saying they won't advertise because thet can't be heard.

I'm in 213 in the front row, it's impossible to understand the sideline's reporter, Charlie Brown's teacher has better audio quality. We also got seat backs a few years ago to limit the sideler that sits on the end from sneaking a cheek and wedging his girlfriend into the row.

It's a good thing BK isn't in the Dome anymore because I'm sure they might accidently bring a whooper and fries to the guy doing the announcing on the PA.

In other news, the Wi-Fi didn’t work in our section again. That’s frustrating as I’d like to check out the forum in between quarters and post.

In other news, the Wi-Fi didn’t work in our section again. That’s frustrating as I’d like to check out the forum in between quarters and post.
I gave up on wi if, dropped the dome WiFi network and just using my cellular data

I gave up on wi if, dropped the dome WiFi network and just using my cellular data
Tried that, my data won’t work either. My guess is because of all the concrete in the Dome. I have Straight Talk using Verizon towers. My phone is literally on radio silence in 332.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom