elite status | Syracusefan.com

elite status

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
we have pretty much been top 10 since November 2009. Did we just lose that?

No doubt that there will be major questions heading in to '14-15.

Too soon to say that, I think.

We need better play from every position next year, though. We'll return less production next season than we did this season (and that wasn't much). Hopefully we'll at least see more balance on offense and a better tempo.

Maybe Ron "this kid's never going to get minutes at SU" Patterson will have a great off-season and make a name for himself.

No way we are ranked at the start of the season for sure

if grant comes back we could e every bit as good as this year.
A starting lineup of Coleman, Rak, McCollough, Cooney and Kaleb with G, Roberson, BJ and Buss on the pine is not bad at all. People dont realize, or forget, that McCollough is the best frosh recruit since Melo.

elite teams lose players to the NBA and replace them the next year

if grant comes back we'll be a top 25 team. if he doesnt then uhhh we wont be a top 25 team.

Kaleb Joseph is a lot better than the 49th best recruit. Replace and reload.
Of course he is.

The haters will be out in full force next year. "See? They should've never left the Big East! Karma!"

if grant comes back we could e every bit as good as this year.
A starting lineup of Coleman, Rak, McCollough, Cooney and Kaleb with G, Roberson, BJ and Buss on the pine is not bad at all. People dont realize, or forget, that McCollough is the best frosh recruit since Melo.
You are absolutely insane if you think Coleman, Rak, and McC will all start. Absolutely insane.

You are absolutely insane if you think Coleman, Rak, and McC will all start. Absolutely insane.
Especially since there is a good chance that Coleman will redshirt

TBCuse11 said:
if grant comes back we could e every bit as good as this year. A starting lineup of Coleman, Rak, McCollough, Cooney and Kaleb with G, Roberson, BJ and Buss on the pine is not bad at all. People dont realize, or forget, that McCollough is the best frosh recruit since Melo.

The best fresh recruit since Melo?

Hardly.

Depends on how good Joseph is. I'm getting sick of having a new starting PG every year though.

I'm also not excited about having 1 PG on the roster for the 2nd year in a row.
I would agree if it was for a bad reason, but losing PGs to the NBA is a great problem to have.

Also when have we had more than one PG on our roster, last one I can think of was Allen Griffin?

I would agree if it was for a bad reason, but losing PGs to the NBA is a great problem to have.

Also when have we had more than one PG on our roster, last one I can think of was Allen Griffin?

If you count McNamara as a point guard, then when he and Josh Wright were here. Also, if Triche is considered a point, when he and Scoop were here.

But if your larger point is that it's uncommon for us to have multiple point guards, I'd tend to agree. I can remember long periods in the '90s when we'd be in serious when our starting point needed a breather or picked up a couple fouls.

If you count McNamara as a point guard, then when he and Josh Wright were here. Also, if Triche is considered a point, when he and Scoop were here.

But if your larger point is that it's uncommon for us to have multiple point guards, I'd tend to agree. I can remember long periods in the '90s when we'd be in serious when our starting point needed a breather or picked up a couple fouls.
you nailed it, that is exactly my point

I think we'll start the season ranked. We'll be over ranked, but the Boeheim/Syracuse brand means something. People will assume we're good.

Depends on how good Joseph is. I'm getting sick of having a new starting PG every year though.

I'm also not excited about having 1 PG on the roster for the 2nd year in a row.
Yeah, especially if the increased playing time pushes him over the top and we have another 1 and done...

I just think you need two players who can penetrate a defense on the floor. Whether thats a PG and a SG, or a PG and a SF, surrounded by a shooter and some bigs. Perfect offense in my mind. A two PG lineup can work, but you need at least one or two guys capable of shooting. Hopefully, MG gets better and he and Joseph are those guys next year.

Hart, Griffin, and Bland were all on the same team.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom