Everybody Needs to Think Realistically | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Needs to Think Realistically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said your moving the goalposts. What kid dreams of playing bball overseas?
I hope you realize the plantation mindset comment above was directed at what you are saying.
I am not moving the goalposts.
I am not getting upset that players may want to leave and declare for the NBA. Even if they go undrafted they have outlets to get paid to play basketball.

Kids may dream to play in the NBA it’s hard to accomplish.

There isn’t a top 100 recruit at the guard position who is considering Syracuse currently in the 21 class. Hmmmmm, wonder why???
This is better we only offered ONE guard this entire 2021 recruiting cycle.

The coaching punted this position and people believe 2022 will be better. Justin Taylor is a SF if we get him with Benny’s help.

THEY DO NOT FIRE THE TEAM ! Jim must go, let him finish next season then go with a big sendoff !
Syracuse University will only respond to empty seats. if you doubt this then you have not been watching Syracuse Sports as long as I have .

The "empty seats" argument is like George Washington's doctors bleeding him to death to try to cure his cold.

They also seemed to love it at Cuse though. I think everybody’s situation is different as for what’s their best move. People have had Marek going back to Europe for 3 years.
True it’s different for everyone. I think for Battle when the NBA told him what he needed to work on, he knew he could come back here and work on those things.

Q and AG won’t have that luxury. Unless they love college they should go. Why do something for free when someone will pay you to do it? Unless maybe ur in the mix for a title. We aren’t.

True it’s different for everyone. I think for Battle when the NBA told him what he needed to work on, he knew he could come back here and work on those things.

Q and AG won’t have that luxury. Unless they love college they should go. Why do something for free when someone will pay you to do it? Unless maybe ur in the mix for a title. We aren’t.
What did coming back for that 3rd year do for Tyus Battle?
He was at the NBA combine as a sophomore and decided to come back.

What did he improve that Junior year at Syracuse?
SWC pointed out to me Tyus Battle’s Sophomore season is the Syracuse all-time record for most minutes played in a single season.
Returning to college didn’t help him.

SWC pointed out to me Tyus Battle’s Sophomore season is the Syracuse all-time record for most minutes played in a single season.
Where did I say it helped him?

I said the logic made some sense because with his role on the team he could ostensibly work on his left and his shooting. We know what the feedback will be on Q and AG from the NBA. They can’t work on that stuff at SU.

Battle did sign a 2-way. That’s a decent nest egg to start life out with.

Tyus wasn't an Nba prospect. Perhaps he enjoyed his 3rd year at Syracuse and getting to the s16.

Where did I say it helped him?

I said the logic made some sense because with his role on the team he could ostensibly work on his left and his shooting. We know what the feedback will be on Q and AG from the NBA. They can’t work on that stuff at SU.

Battle did sign a 2-way. That’s a decent nest egg to start life out with.
I wasn’t questioning you. I was just pointing out the fact Battle didn’t improve anything coming back.

Tyus Battle was a high 4 star low 5 star on some sites. He was a top 30 recruit. How wasn’t he an NBA prospect.
His 3rd year wasn’t 2018 sweet 16 season.
It was the 2019 season we lost to Baylor.
My bad I confused years. He wasn't drafted was he?

Quincy will be back. Marek and Bourama might be back for 5th years. We will see what happens. But we must add a impact big man via the transfer market.
QG and Marek are 10000 pct gone. Bourama is gone from what I’m told but doesn’t like how his career is ending so if he can get healthy he may come back. 10 pct chance

QG and Marek are 10000 pct gone. Bourama is gone from what I’m told but doesn’t like how his career is ending so if he can get healthy he may come back. 10 pct chance

Where is Quincy going ? You dont know anything stick to throwing recruiting nuggets against the wall and see which ones stick.

Where is qg going?

Our AD needs to step in. Part of being a person in high power, you need to be able to have to make difficult decisions. Wild hack you’re on the clock.
U r absolutely right, he needs to look at it like any other coach SIMPLY JUST DO WHAT U WERE HIRED TO DO!
ALSO SOMEBODY GIVE ME A LEGITIMATE REASON WHY KADARY RICHMOND IS NOT STARTING!!!!!

Where is Quincy going ? You dont know anything stick to throwing recruiting nuggets against the wall and see which ones stick.
what exactly do you add? On any forum? About really anything? QG and Griff maybe 1000x gone today and change their mind. Does that make him wrong today? People, especially kids change their minds. And not for nothing, there are kids at other schools that we will be recruiting when they hit the portal. Honestly, can we be any worse off?

what exactly do you add? On any forum? About really anything? QG and Griff maybe 1000x gone today and change their mind. Does that make him wrong today? People, especially kids change their minds. And not for nothing, there are kids at other schools that will be recruiting when they hit the portal. Honestly, can we be any worse off?

These wanna be insiders recruiting or general basketball forum. Should apply for a sports website that has to do with college basketball programs and recruiting then. Btw when do they ever on here give good news. It's always bad maybe to get them more replies. I dont ask for this info I'm old school I'll get it from the people who are employed and paid to know cover this stuff or when it hits the media print or electronic. I'm old skool like that.

These wanna be insiders recruiting or general basketball forum. Should apply for a sports website that has to do with college basketball programs and recruiting then. Btw when do they ever on here give good news. It's always bad maybe to get them more replies.
Well, tell me, what good news has the program produced in the last year? Well, we got Dior Johnson. There is that. Of course, he changed his mind. We got Benny. Hopefully he as 3/4 as good as we hope he is. What else is there that has been good news? We have a boring team. Our great recruiting class completely fell apart for 2022. Hopefully we can gather up a new one. We really are not competitive against good teams. Enlighten us all. What good news are we missing?

Look at the possible roster next with the addition of Benny Williams who if he's a good as all the hype that he is. If everybody comes back on paper one of our deepest and best roster in years.
next year could be our best team in the last 7 seasons but that ain’t saying much. We’ve been saying next year for about 7 years.

These wanna be insiders recruiting or general basketball forum. Should apply for a sports website that has to do with college basketball programs and recruiting then. Btw when do they ever on here give good news. It's always bad maybe to get them more replies. I dont ask for this info I'm old school I'll get it from the people who are employed and paid to know cover this stuff or when it hits the media print or electronic. I'm old skool like that.
Hulk, good job antagonizing a poster who gives the board information.

Go complain about Brian Cashman or Thibs.

These types of comments have driven away a lot of good posters with good intel from this forum over the years

Well, that completely invalidates the original post.

People need to get their head out of the sand with regards to the state of the state. That's the first step toward recognizing that immense change is required to right the ship.

And if you're one of those nitwits who believes that hiring internally is the answer, time to disavow that notion.

This team could be better next year with Benny if most of the key guys come back and there is some sign of player development in the off season. We don't see a lot of that on the hill lately. The other huge key is a good and big center transfer. I'm sure at least two will transfer and likely one or both seniors will graduate and move on. The kids don't seem to have a lot of fun playing here anymore so the loyalty is probably pretty thin at this point. I just can't stand the thought of two more years of this mediocre as I'm sure Buddy will take his extra year. Two more season of bubble or worse NIT teams without getting a true big guy and some player development. It would be nice to see some accountability for the program. Most jobs you need to perform especially those where you make millions per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom