Frank | Syracusefan.com

Frank

Cuse House

All American
There have been numerous threads about Howard, but I wanted to point out that you don't go from his shooting last year to this year in one off season. My point, his shot was always there, he felt last year like he wasn't supposed to shoot and it affected his shot. Good shooters have the mentality that they are always open. He has been given the green light by Boeheim and it has made the world of difference. If you watch him, he isn't just making wide open shots, he is making them with a hand in his face and off the bounce. Once again, that doesn't matriculate after one off season. If you watch his high school film, he showed the ability even though he was more of a slasher.

Just wanted to throw that out there. I was a big proponent of more Frank last year because I saw his vision on the court and had an idea that there was a hidden element to his game that he wasn't allowed to unleash.

One last note, if we didn't have an 8 minute lapse in this game, we could have scored 120. This team is unreal and as far as I am concerned a top 5 team. I've watched a ton of games thus far and haven't seen any team that particularly scares me. Some of the top teams are not great offensively and we are. Special year ahead of us ladies and gents!

Go Cuse!

There have been numerous threads about Howard, but I wanted to point out that you don't go from his shooting last year to this year in one off season. My point, his shot was always there, he felt last year like he wasn't supposed to shoot and it affected his shot. Good shooters have the mentality that they are always open. He has been given the green light by Boeheim and it has made the world of difference. If you watch him, he isn't just making wide open shots, he is making them with a hand in his face and off the bounce. Once again, that doesn't matriculate after one off season. If you watch his high school film, he showed the ability even though he was more of a slasher.

Just wanted to throw that out there. I was a big proponent of more Frank last year because I saw his vision on the court and had an idea that there was a hidden element to his game that he wasn't allowed to unleash.

One last note, if we didn't have an 8 minute lapse in this game, we could have scored 120. This team is unreal and as far as I am concerned a top 5 team. I've watched a ton of games thus far and haven't seen any team that particularly scares me. Some of the top teams are not great offensively and we are. Special year ahead of us ladies and gents!

Go Cuse!

I don't know. Mentality might be part of it but physically he looks like a totally different player. I can't remember a player that had the same kind of physical transformation in a single off-season.

Man if this kid keeps this up, does he leave? Talk about a nightmare scenario.

Go Cuse!

Howard's jump is INCREDIBLE. I almost am tempted to start a thread(but I dont think friends want yet another FH thread lol) to ask which jump was more important to the team...his, or Senior Rak's? Or which was a bigger jump, which could be a different answer. Amazing team, can't wait to see them tested in a week against the ranked Badgers!!

I don't know. Mentality might be part of it but physically he looks like a totally different player. I can't remember a player that had the same kind of physical transformation in a single off-season.
There is no question that he has added weight and transformed his body. I don't really think that affects one's shot as much as you would think. It may help with lift on the jumper and overall confidence, but shooting mainly comes down to mechanics. If you look at a guy like Rautins, he was scrawny when he got here and a great shooter. He added muscle, which transformed his overall game, but he was always a great shooter. And sometimes the weight can change one's shot. I think it is much more than the physical transformation, his shot was there already.

I say this with all seriousness, he gone hes got elite measurables

Howard's jump is INCREDIBLE. I almost am tempted to start a thread(but I dont think friends want yet another FH thread lol) to ask which jump was more important to the team...his, or Senior Rak's? Or which was a bigger jump, which could be a different answer. Amazing team, can't wait to see them tested in a week against the ranked Badgers!!
Senior Rak was over a full season. Frank has played 4 games. I'm excited too but we should pump the brakes a bit.

Senior Rak was over a full season. Frank has played 4 games. I'm excited too but we should pump the brakes a bit.

Your point is valid, but even senior Rak(if I recall correctly) seemed to hit the skids toward the end of the season when he started facing people like that oaf North Carolina has. I remember how much that saddened me, as I really wanted to see him do his thing against those jerks.

Do you think it's likely Howard is going to regress soon or something?

I say this with all seriousness, he gone hes got elite measurables

Seriously. We gotta pump the brakes. It's like a bunch of posters take a bunch of Molly and start gushing with these posts.

It does look like Howard has made a huge leap and transformation. It is still so early and the competition only starts to get better!

Your point is valid, but even senior Rak(if I recall correctly) seemed to hit the skids toward the end of the season when he started facing people like that oaf North Carolina has. I remember how much that saddened me.

I don't know about regressing. I doubt it but who knows. We haven't played consistent good competition yet. We don't how good that 3 will stay and if he can shoot FTs. We'll see. He is sure looking good though.

Seriously. We gotta pump the brakes. It's like a bunch of posters take a bunch of Molly and start gushing with these posts.

It does look like Howard has made a huge leap and transformation. It is still so early and the competition only starts to get better!

Your point is valid, but I'm trying to stay positive...maybe not as much as the guy you quoted though.

Hey, being it's the season, are you still rocking with the Trans Siberian Orchestra? I am tempted to take a trip as I want to see Spicoli on stage ripping some epic solos!

Your point is valid, but even senior Rak(if I recall correctly) seemed to hit the skids toward the end of the season when he started facing people like that oaf North Carolina has. I remember how much that saddened me, as I really wanted to see him do his thing against those jerks.

I don't remember that. Rak was an absolute hoss against everybody his Sr. year.

The only thing to pump the brakes on right now is our outside shooting. We will have off nights. As JB says, everything looks easy when shots go in. I think back to early season Cooney. It was easy to think he'd be an ACC player of the year candidate when he's having monster shooting nights, but over the course of a season he comes back to average. Not saying we will suddenly suck but we'll have games of 5 for 20 and so forth.

Your point is valid, but I'm trying to stay positive...maybe not as much as the guy you quoted though.

Hey, being it's the season, are you still rocking with the Trans Siberian Orchestra? I am tempted to take a trip as I want to see Spicoli on stage ripping some epic solos!

Ha. As I or anyone approaching 40 looms near; usually the stage appeal/sexiness plummets. I'm involved with it but I do more of the hiring of the musicians and string players now and oversee. I got tired of roasting on stage near the fire/pyro and recently acquired an instrument worth more than a couple of nice cars. I don't want it turned into kindling!

Last edited:
I don't remember that. Rak was an absolute hoss against everybody his Sr. year.

I may be remembering it wrong, but I think toward the very end of the season when he faced that oaf Kennedy Meeks, he was realllllly disappointing to me. Maybe someone else can confirm or correct me.

Go Cuse!

We didn't have an 8min lapse so much as JB took mercy on them put our crappy press on to give them a chance. This game was over after the first two defensive posetions. They could do nothing against the zone.

The only thing to pump the brakes on right now is our outside shooting. We will have off nights. As JB says, everything looks easy when shots go in. I think back to early season Cooney. It was easy to think he'd be an ACC player of the year candidate when he's having monster shooting nights, but over the course of a season he comes back to average. Not saying we will suddenly suck but we'll have games of 5 for 20 and so forth.

I don't know. I think there are enough shooting weapons. I worry about no or limited post game. Teams will get up on us and I hope to see more dribble penetration.

Ha. As I or anyone approaching 40 looms near; usually the stage appeal/s e xiness plummets. I'm involved with it but I do more of the hiring of the musicians and string players now and oversee. I got tired of roasting on stage near the fire/pyro and recently acquired an instrument worth more than a couple of nice cars. I don't want it turned into firewood!

Can you switch to a different axe, bro? Can you make a guest appearance at least one night? I could get a bit inebriated and do a fist pump and yell "Spicoli!!!!!". Do you think I could elicit a grin from you if there was a moment quiet enough to allow it?

I knew about Rak and Frank before it all happened! I hate not being surprised. :)

Are you saying you should change your member name to Ghostradamus to reflect your powers?!? ;)

Can you switch to a different axe, bro? Can you make a guest appearance at least one night? I could get a bit inebriated and do a fist pump and yell "Spicoli!!!!!". Do you think I could elicit a grin from you if there was a moment quiet enough to allow it?

Ha. Totally could and should switch to a different axe. No way should one take a nice instrument into that particular oven/stage. I'm just tired of it a bit. Same old recycled slop, lol.

Last edited:
We didn't have an 8min lapse so much as JB took mercy on them put our crappy press on to give them a chance. This game was over after the first two defensive posetions. They could do nothing against the zone.

Excellent point. JB was taking an opporunity to have the players improve their press, rather than worrying about the margin and whether or not they covered the vegas line. Curious, did they? Does anyone know what it was?

I may be remembering it wrong, but I think toward the very end of the season when he faced that oaf Kennedy Meeks, he was realllllly disappointing to me. Maybe someone else can confirm or correct me.
I remember that as well. You are not COMPLETELY crazy.

True, but we had a stretch where we were throwing the ball away and not scoring. They probably score 40 if we don't press, agree on that.

Ha. Totally could and should switch to a different axe. No way should one take a nice instrument into the oven on stage. I'm just tired of it a bit. Same old recycled slop, lol.

I hear you bro, but maybe you could do at least one cameo night to inspire the youth, and feel the energy of the crowd, including one syracusefan loyal member(me)? I just remembered your antics a moment ago, and regret not seeing you in action(kinda like the old Topps baseball cards where a few were labeled "in action"). Do it for Syracusefan, bro? I wish I had something I could offer you, because I am hellbent on seeing a board member rock!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom