Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

Tom Herman would be interesting has a low contract and only a 2.5 million dollar buyout. Runs high powered offense. HC experience at Houston and Texas. With SMU coming to ACC might be able to pull some recruits from Texas. Staff would need to focus on East Coast connections. I feel Herman would be a very realistic get for Syracuse with HC experience in P5 and offense focus.
I really like Herman. Born in Cincinnati raised in Simi Valley CA. Ohio State OC 2012-2014. Also, OC at Iowa State, Rice, Texas State, Sam Houston State. Good recruiter, 48 years old. Guy is a winner.

A lot of people would be upgrades over Babers...but that doesn't mean that we could get them to come to Syracuse. Come on, putting emotion aside, if you are a talented coach with P5 experience, why would you want the Syracuse job? You have coached on the big stage in the SEC and the Big 10, what about this Syracuse job is not a step down for you? Money?...You are not going to get from Syracuse...what you got from the SEC...why would you come?
We need someone who was good but their previous school was greedy and wronged them. There are those kinds of candidates out there. Think Frank Solich type. We should be so lucky.

I really like Herman. Born in Cincinnati raised in Simi Valley CA. Ohio State OC 2012-2014. Also, OC at Iowa State, Rice, Texas State, Sam Houston State. Good recruiter, 48 years old. Guy is a winner.
I like Herman's resume too. A lot...

All the speculation on names and desired schemes and backgrounds is "fun." But even with the word "realistic" in the thread title, it's all kind of irrelevant.

I wonder who ADJW consults with when going through a process like this. Be it internal or external. He has to tap into those with experience he respects.

SMU is a very wealthy school. They have $ and won’t hold back. Football is very important to that alumni base.
I think I read they received $200 million in donations after one week being in the ACC. They don’t need ACC dollars. They had a meeting before they joined the ACC which had 15 billionaires in the room. Crazy money at SMU.

Yup I agree since Mullen seems to pipe dream Herman would be my first choice.

I wonder who ADJW consults with when going through a process like this. Be it internal or external. He has to tap into those with experience he respects.
Pete Carroll and Urban Meyer

Ray Peterson
Mark Rumsfield
Art Weingartner
Ricky Butler
Reuben Klopek

Ok here you go everyone. Have at it. Here’s your list right now. And again this is not an opinion. These are the 2 names on it. It will continue to grow.

Tony White
Jim Knowles

Knowles getting huge support from some prominent former players. I don’t see it. But there ya go

If this is the case. Fire Wildhack. Legitimately.

It’s over.

Sorry. If this is the first couple, we’re toast.

I want to be clear — appreciate the info, truly.

But we’re toast.
I generally don’t disagree, although I like White as DC type just not sure about HC. Chesney hopefully being considered

We need someone who was good but their previous school was greedy and wronged them. There are those kinds of candidates out there. Think Frank Solich type. We should be so lucky.
Manny Diaz, Paul Chryst, Clay Helton come to mind. Of course there’s always Bobby Petrino.

1. Andy Feltersnatch
2. Dick Pissner
3. Barry Baker
4. Colonel Angus
5. Brian Hartline

Colonel Angus is an acquired taste!

The only thing is Colonel Angus prefers the Deep South.. He likes the heat.. the humidity.
Maybe not a good situation in Syracuse.

Manny Diaz, Paul Chryst, Clay Helton come to mind. Of course there’s always Bobby Petrino.
Chryst wasn’t impressive at Pitt and got fired from Wisconsin for losing once he got his own guys in.
Helton has no northeast ties, spent forever at Memphis and USC.
I could be convinced though on Diaz

Some combo that involves Addazio could be intriguing. They haven’t used the pasqualoni tree yet since the program has fallen off a cliff since Ps hay days.

I think Addazio/Patricia poo poo would be a version of that with ties to the north east. I’d also consider billy O’Brien if north east is something that matters to him and we can compete financially with a Michigan st type program

If not for them I want a patriot league hot shot w ties to north east ie chesney

Chryst wasn’t impressive at Pitt and got fired from Wisconsin for losing once he got his own guys in.
Helton has no northeast ties, spent forever at Memphis and USC.
I could be convinced though on Diaz
Do a little research. Chryst was 67-26 at Wisconsin, 43-18 in the BiG. 19-19 at Pitt.

He also coached in a different climate. Mac today would not have the success he did when SU was on the cusp of playing for a championship.
See I think he would. if he had stayed we would have played for a nc a few times in my opinion.

If this is the case. Fire Wildhack. Legitimately.

It’s over.
Well those names scream “light up the scoreboard with offense”.
Maybe exhume Ben? It would attract national attention

I initially said no to Addazio as HC, but that’s only due to his age. Honestly, if they aren’t going for coaches like Mullen, Lewis, Ruggiero, Hartline (my top 4) then I’d say Addazio. I guess…? Blah

He would definitely have to be more creative on offense and not rely solely on power run game.

He has strong recruiting ties, usually has disciplined team, which is something Dino cannot say and he at least got BC to bowl games.

He would definitely have to be more creative on offense and not rely solely on power run game.
Zero chance this happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom