Give us your top 5 realistic next HC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Give us your top 5 realistic next HC

Bob Chesney
Chris Creighton
KC Keeler
Sherrone Moore
Tom Herman

I am talking about even bigger gamble than that. Leipold when UB hired him, that's the type of move.

What was Sean Lewis? Another MAC coach.

Goofy post
I said mediocre MAC coach. Sean Lewis was like 32 when he became a HC. He is only 37 and is clearly ascending and he was never mediocre like Babers. There is a reason Deion brought him on staff.

Lewis turned a complete poop show around at Kent St, meanwhile Babers was gifted the players he had at BG.

In no particular order, of likeliness or reality based metrics:

Ed Orgeron
Dan Mullen
Urban
The Dazzler
Marrone
Bo Pelini
Manny Diaz
Ken Whisenhunt
Matt Patricia
Tony White
Joe Philbin
Retreads all except White and he is not ready.

I said mediocre MAC coach. Sean Lewis was like 32 when he became a HC. He is only 36 and is clearly ascending and he was never mediocre like Babers. There is a reason Deion brought him on staff.

Lewis turned a complete poop show around at Kent St, meanwhile Babers was gifted the players he had at BG.
Spin it anyway you want. Numbers don't lie. He was a MAC coach you said you didn't want another MAC coach. Plenty of successful hires out of the MAC plenty of failures too.

I would be fine with Sean Lewis, like the guy but again doubt he's coming back to Syracuse.

Quite honestly, I don't really care who they hire, don't think it will result in some overwhelming success.

As I said, I would be taking a HUGE swing. even bigger than a MAC coach

Syracuse is not going to pay some new coach 5-6 million. That's a pipe dream unless they HAVE proven they can be successful at Syracuse

Spin it anyway you want. Numbers don't lie. He was a MAC coach you said you din't want another MAC coach. Plenty of successful hires out of the MAC plenty of failures too.

I would be fine with Sean Lewis, like the guy but again he's not coming back to Syracuse.

Quite honestly, I don't really care who they hire, don't think it will result in some overwhelming success.

As I said, I would be taking a HUGE swing. even bigger than a MAC coach
Bro what are you talking about, he isn't even a MAC coach right now and even if he was, there is a reason I emphasized "mediocre" I don't think he is mediocre like Babers, I think he is a good coach and Deion Sanders apparently does as well...
He is going to get a crack as HC at a p5 school in the next 2-3 years.

Throwing it out there - Jamie Chadwell. Buyout of his Liberty contract may not be doable.

1. Sean Lewis (I'm dying on this hill, kick rocks ;))
2. Curt Cignetti (Enjoy what he is doing at JMU)
3. Jamey Chadwell (Chanticleers were a well-oiled machine under him)
4. Tyson Helton (Really like what his offense does and would be interesting in a dome)
5. Jeff Monken (Great at Georgia Southern and always has Army ready to go)

I believe any of these 5 can get the program turned in the right direction, some are older sure we would just need to have a plan for when they retire that would not cause a backslide.
Tyson Helton is an interesting one, wouldn’t be against it.

MAC coach without a winning record as a HC
I’m actually confused about what your argument is…you said you’d want to take a bigger swing. I am agreeing. That’s why my number 1 choice is Mullen and Lewis is #2. With that said, I think Lewis is a hell of a coach and would take him.

“Lewis left the Kent State head coaching job to be Deion Sanders’ offensive coordinator. His KSU offense led the nation in scoring in 2020 and was on the verge of developing the first NFL Draft picks at Kent State since 2014 before the group left for the portal. WRs Dante Cephas (Penn State) and Devontez Walker (North Carolina) and offensive linemen Marcellus Marshall (UCF) and Savion Washington (Colorado) are all projected draft picks.”

Dude was able to recruit to Kent St..

Sean Lewis
Tony White
Bob Chesney
Clay Helton
Justin Outten (Saw someone mention him a few posts prior and looked him up)
None of them move the needle. Lewis would never take the job if Dino is fired. If he retires, maybe.

stop with urban meyer. u got a better chance of art briles coming with clay travis as his offensive coordinator/dogwhistle
Like I said a pipe dream. None of those guys I listed are coming here. I know not the intent of the thread.

Not my Top 5 but some (I think) plausible names:

Dan Mullen
Tony White
Matt Patricia
Justin Outten
Nathaniel Hackett
Hackett is an interesting one. I wanted him over Shafer the last time. I discount the broncos dumpster fire. Aaron Rodgers swears by him.

Hackett is an interesting one. I wanted him over Shafer the last time. I discount the broncos dumpster fire. Aaron Rodgers swears by him.
I think we’ve seen it’s more of a Denver front office issue not a Hackett issue

Why isn't White ready?

Bo Pelini is 100-55 career coaching record.
Character issues got Bo fired and I guess he is now toxic for many. JW would never hire him.

White has no experience and I don't think we want a defensive guy.

The only thing the new coach needs to do IMO is have a plan on offense that utilizes the fact we are the only team in the region with perfect weather for six games a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom