Goodbye Aluminum seats | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Aluminum seats

Can we please do orange and blue pattern of some sort?

Also, can we pressure wash and/or paint the front facing concrete when the seats are out? It's an odd look to have all the new upgrades with the dingy 40 years worth of stained concrete showing through on camera
I don't know, beer stained grey adds a little ambiance to the place

I’ve never minded the bench seats. Of course I sit up high so there’s always lots of room. I get why the lower bowl crowd would be all for this. I’m a little surprised they aren’t just doing the lower sections.
Lower bowl crowd aren't real Football Fans...they have foo-foo amenities. The hard-core are up in the 300s.

5G all over here in Syracuse. I have it out here in the sticks of Marcellus.
thats the point, if you live outside the city and have no 5g phone your service will suck if you go to places with no 5g since the software gets confused bouncing from 3-4-5g.. same thing will happen in the dome if you struggle to get service in the dome unless they fix that issue with towers or boosters.

and they will need to do it for all the major carriers as well.. thats why the push should be to better wifi access. better signal control.

How do I acquire a section of 3-4 seats? I think quite a few people would love to get their hands on these very uncomfortable seats.

SU needs to think outside the box here to accommodate our super sized fans. Maybe the seats can be modular - something modeled after legos with lots of flexibility. Fans could order them in all different widths. XL would of course come with a surcharge since you can't fit as many in a row. Maybe a discount for youth width. Love seats for couples, think of the possibilities.

Rocket Man was a 1972 hit. We are talking 70 year olds.
Many decades of hit songs - even won an Oscar in the mid 90’s with that song from Lion King, then later 90’s with that Candle in the Wind song. He straddled a few generations for sure.

thats the point, if you live outside the city and have no 5g phone your service will suck if you go to places with no 5g since the software gets confused bouncing from 3-4-5g.. same thing will happen in the dome if you struggle to get service in the dome unless they fix that issue with towers or boosters.

and they will need to do it for all the major carriers as well.. thats why the push should be to better wifi access. better signal control.
Honestly wish they would just kill the wifi during live action and turn it back on for timeouts and halftime... unless we're down by more than 3 touchdowns... in which case the phones are a welcome diversion.

For those concerned about legroom... Tonya Harding will be at the season opener to help with any "adjustments". Plus you get to have your picture taken with her.

On a more real note, lost in the shuffle is the fact that the east end concourses could get a long-awaited blowout to connect with the Barnes Center. Or at least, it would be short-sighted not to do this if they are making that connection.

5g doesnt really fix the issues inside the dome unless they also plan on improving the reception issues.. of course 5g also only helps people with a new phone, i know in our office group 1 person of our 20 or so has a 5g phone and it really sucks right now because there are so few 5g locations it constantly drops out and gets no signal at all.. probably better in the city though.. but there is no 5g at my house so really no reason to upgrade a phone that works really well any time soon..

does a concert really use all the seats in the dome or just a subset? it would be funny if SU replaced the seats with a narrow version so no seats were lost.. that would be just like them. They can do my row in the dome right now. Just me there anyway..
Initially, let me just say that I thought the Dome improvements thus far have been terrific. My only complaints have been the inconsistency of the sound system and the phone/wireless connectivity.

I have Verizon and a 5G capable phone. My football seats are right off of the tunnel on the 100 level. Service seemed to be excellent.

For basketball, I am in the first row of the metal seats behind the basket. Terrible connectivity for most of basketball season via cellular or wireless. I am guess it is because where the connectivity points are located but maybe I am wrong. Either way, it was extremely frustrating and certainly problematic in case of an emergency or something like that. Really hoping they get that fixed up by next season.

we currently pay for the seat backs because it is a lot easier to just point at them then try to squash everyone together when others are sitting in our location, try to jam more into the row, etc.

SUOrange44

Not sure this is correct. From what I have read, the JMA solution supports 5G and LTE and is a neutral host supporting multi carriers.

If these numbers from last summer in Akron are right, wow.

I am hopeful that with JMA’s headquarters about a mile from the dome, SU and JMA will work together to deliver state of the art solutions for the facility. It would be great to set up the dome as a place to test new technology and give our fans access to the best stadium 5G technology in the world long term.

Like others said I would assume they won't start installing the new seats until after football season and just on the East End of the Dome at the earliest. Then after basketball season they finish the West End while also working to accommodate season ticket holders for the 2023 seasons.

No idea if it would even take that long to install new seats, but the above would make sense.

it really depends on how they do things.. its like cell phone at destiny .. indoors cell phone can be spotty.

i wonder how many people have 5g vs 4g right now.. reality is 5g is faster but that means most to nothing for most people using a cell phone. it doesnt stream video faster.. it is more efficient though so that can help over loaded systems. i mean look at the verizon 5g map.. if you live outside of the major cities why would people upgrade to a 5g phone. it likely will be years before it really spreads out at which point you had a phone that did nothing for you. if you live to the north complete waste of money.. we have a ton of STH who live in non 5g areas and if they dont deal with 4g issues its a real pain.

if you have 5g phones ask why.. other than dealing with issues in congested areas better there isnt much real reason to have a 5g phone outside of say NYC.

1649435877373.png

Hey, I started in 334 back in ‘95 but have moved to 116 as I was financially able to. Some of us are still hardcore down here!
Agree I was 312 for decades, then 105 for the past decade -easier as one gets ages gracefully(;)) to get in and out with less stairs too.

How do I acquire a section of 3-4 seats? I think quite a few people would love to get their hands on these very uncomfortable seats.

Rumor is that you get a section of seats if you buy one of the old urine troughs. ;)

Like others said I would assume they won't start installing the new seats until after football season and just on the East End of the Dome at the earliest. Then after basketball season they finish the West End while also working to accommodate season ticket holders for the 2023 seasons.

No idea if it would even take that long to install new seats, but the above would make sense.
If the rumors are true and we lose 10% of the seats virtually everyone will be affected and in a negative way.
It won’t be so bad for football because there are a lot of good seats available and most people will be able to be given seats close to comparable to what they have now.

For basketball, this is going to be a major nightmare. A lot of great fans, who have been major supporters of the program for decades, are going to end up with significantly worse seats, and they will be lucky if they aren’t hit with a price increase for seats that are much worse than what they have now.

Friends who have been sitting together for 40 years will be separated, many will be forced to make really hard choices and things are never going to be the same for many.

Basketball season ticket holders brace for impact. This one is going to hurt a lot.

Railings is definitely a good point. I am thrilled to see seats vs the benches. If you don't have the aisle it's a pain plus far too many still don't grasp that you shouldn't take up 3 seats as one person and force everyone else to cram in. I could get 3 others with me to a bunch more games because of simply having seats vs benches.
That's why I've always paid for the seat backs. It's nice to have the padding, but it's even nicer to have the defined seat.

Seat backs in front of you in the upperdeck really cuts into the leg room. They suck for me at 6'4"
Help us understand. Are you saying your legs naturally rest on the bench below?

Agree I was 312 for decades, then 105 for the past decade -easier as one gets ages gracefully(;)) to get in and out with less stairs too.
Huh! I’ve gone the opposite direction, from lower seats to upper level seats.

If the rumors are true and we lose 10% of the seats virtually everyone will be affected and in a negative way.
It won’t be so bad for football because there are a lot of good seats available and most people will be able to be given seats close to comparable to what they have now.

For basketball, this is going to be a major nightmare. A lot of great fans, who have been major supporters of the program for decades, are going to end up with significantly worse seats, and they will be lucky if they aren’t hit with a price increase for seats that are much worse than what they have now.

Friends who have been sitting together for 40 years will be separated, many will be forced to make really hard choices and things are never going to be the same for many.

Basketball season ticket holders brace for impact. This one is going to hurt a lot.
Existing attendance records will never be broken.

I imagine this would be the most difficult part of this project. Realistically there's going to be groups of people left unhappy. I hope as many people as possible are taken care of and satisfied with their new seats.

I imagine this would be the most difficult part of this project. Realistically there's going to be groups of people left unhappy. I hope as many people as possible are taken care of and satisfied with their new seats.
Perhaps some portion of this season’s ticket price increase will go toward compensating ticket holders who have to be relocated. Oh who am I kidding!