Hip Hop thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

I'm just posting because I heard it today, and it always reminds me of California, as I spent a week out there a few years ago and my friend played this NON-STUPID-STOP for the week I was visiting......I wanted to murder him, but now I kinda always get excited when I hear it randomly (just this version though)

Kinda like 'Trap Queen' which I despised at the time, but I kinda like to hear it randomly now as it just reminds me of the summer 2015 or whenever it came out. lol

I still am going strong on my ordering vinyl from Get On Down. get@getondown.com

Ironman…yep. The last few I got was Too Short..Life Is, the blue album and Special Ed…Youngest in Charge, gatefold album. And I Still haven’t even bought my turntables yet.
I see Main Ingredient on there - think I’m going to grab that!

Got Outkast - ATLiens coming as my album next month on Vinyl Me Please.

I’m going to probably keep my membership going there for as long as they keep giving me a heavy hitter like my first two albums from them.

I see Main Ingredient on there - think I’m going to grab that!

Got Outkast - ATLiens coming as my album next month on Vinyl Me Please.

I’m going to probably keep my membership going there for as long as they keep giving me a heavy hitter like my first two albums from them.
Just went on VMP and checked it out, pretty cool to have more options. So what's the benefit of membership? Seems like I'll just go between sites and shop for whatever I like that they make. I was listening to an NPR story the other day about how vinyl is so in demand, that pressing companies are only pressing big artists because they can sell more numbers, and the small artists are being shutout.

Just went on VMP and checked it out, pretty cool to have more options. So what's the benefit of membership? Seems like I'll just go between sites and shop for whatever I like that they make. I was listening to an NPR story the other day about how vinyl is so in demand, that pressing companies are only pressing big artists because they can sell more numbers, and the small artists are being shutout.
As I understand it, they’ve got some exclusive edition stuff(colored vinyl, lyric books) - the Low End Theory is colored and exclusive to them, I guess.

Yeah, on Twitter I’ve seen a number of smaller acts who have heavily relied on vinyl sales to their loyal fanbases bitching about large companies snatching up all the vinyl to reissue albums that went multi platinum 10 years ago or something. And sadly enough, these smaller acts are kind of the ones who made vinyl “cool” again.

And on that note as well, last fall I preordered Aaliyah’s self titled album - I went for the limited clear vinyl thinking resell on it might be worth it…,and if not, I’m fine keeping the record because I like the album. It was estimated to be shipped in April. Haven’t heard a word, and the relaunched Blackground Records, which was blowing my email up for months with all kinds of emails and updates, has been silent for months. I don’t really care when it arrives - would appreciate an update though! I assume it’s a vinyl supply issue - but just let me know.

Did a little more research and saw the ATLiens was mastered in half speed and thus should be the best audio quality of this album that has existed.

I’m not selling, but the Tribe album is on EBay for twice what I paid. Intrigued if that’s the case for some other albums that I don’t care about.

I’m not necessarily in it for the long haul, but so far I’m intrigued.

Not enough rap songs have bass that bang like this, anymore.

I like that Boldy James/Real Bad Man- Killing Nothing album a lot.

Don’t know who Real Bad Man is, but he did the beats and they’re really good IMO. Really like Boldy - gotta be in the mood for him, but he has his own style and nobody else sounds like him.

Been kindve a slow year IMO, compared to the last few years. It’s Griselda - Benny, Conway, and Boldy. And then a few others - Curren$y/Alchemist, and I liked that Phife Dawg album a lot. Also liked Vince Staples, and of course Kendrick. Might be forgetting something, but off the top that’s what stands out.

Coming up - looking forward to Stove God Cooks, Rome Streets, Westside Gunn, and Rapper Big Pooh.

I think I saw Rapsody has a new one coming this year too, so I’d definitely check that. I got her and Skyzoo as my “unsung heroes” - they got a ton of albums for like a decade straight and they’re always solid.

I Am….will forever be the album that could’ve been.

Take the 4-5 GREAT songs off that album, the best songs off Lost Tapes that were recorded for that album, and the some unreleased gems like this one and you’ve got one of the best albums ever IMO.

Posting cuz this comment made me laugh:

The longer Danny Brown's career go on the higher his voice gets, only dogs gon be able to hear his soon

Posting cuz this comment made me laugh:

The longer Danny Brown's career go on the higher his voice gets, only dogs gon be able to hear his soon

Lol at that comment. Sometimes I used to call Danny Green (the UNC/NBA player) “Danny Brown”, by mistake.

Never got into Danny Brown, but I remember when his name was all over and I’ve seen some great interviews from him - think he’s from Detroit - I always associated him with Black Milk because of the “Black and Brown” song they did.

Soooo, I’m going to post my favorite Black Milk song. That Tronic album was amazing…..

I used to have the discussion on what was best….Black Milk/Royce - Losing Out. Posted above.

Or Elzhi/Royce (produced by Black Milk) —Motown 25….

Royce absolutely destroyed this one!!

Last edited:
Or….Black Milk, Royce, and Elzhi - Deadly Medley.

Those 3 Detroit guys were a PROBLEM when they were together. All 3 of those songs are 10/10 to me.

Danny Brown is tough - he's decent lyrically, but that voiceeeeeeeeeeeee...he's funny in interviews, and actually seems pretty smart/clever, but that voice...even in interview it starts to get at you pretty quick. LOL

That song was good - Royce is great at times.

I remember when they released this song (below w/ Royce/Danny/Big Sean/Eminem), and I thought it was decent enough, except it has perhaps the single worst chorus ever put up in rap song. For your attempt at a city anthem, you went with THIS...'Detroit verse errrrrrrrrrybody.' That female's voice, for me at least, is more painful than Danny Brown x1,853.

Or….Black Milk, Royce, and Elzhi - Deadly Medley.

Those 3 Detroit guys were a PROBLEM when they were together. All 3 of those songs are 10/10 to me.

This is soooooo GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Ok, one more Elzhi favorite, with MY GUY Phonte! They both went nuts every time they did a song together IMO. Iron sharpens iron!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom