Hip Hop thread | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

2C0F8C88-1625-4B2E-A463-7D740BB4A897.jpeg

Nas and AZ. Gotta figure the video thing out. The best video I got was of them doing Life’s a Bitch.

Not my video but I got the same one, just from a different angle.

They both absolutely destroy that, the beat is great, and the hook is great. 10/10. Underrated collab between 2 of the best to ever do it.

Edit: Ok, I was talking the original. But this works too. Jeez.

The Jalen Rose video about Ja Morant reminds me of when rappers (like that one vid with Snoop Dogg talking about Nas vs. Tupac) talk about the difference between kids that grew up in the life...and the private school kids that THINK they're gangsters once they get there.

Like, Ja Morant AIN'T that guy...but he clearly wants to be THAT guy. Those stories don't usually end with long term success!

I’m on a De La kick now that they’re on streaming and this is one of their best off my favorite De La album.

Picked up Midnight Marauders on vinyl today.

One of my favorite cuts on there….

And another favorite that samples the Tip line in the above song….

That Benny breakdown made me think of BET’s “Rate The Bars” - one of my favorite shows.

In particular I think because NC native Rapsody was on there and she rated some Cole, a fellow NC native.

One of the best concepts for a show ever IMO. I’m amazed at all the big name rappers that agreed to go on this and potentially crap on their sensitive peers, lol.

has it been long enough since it came out where we can call “Prhyme” one of the best hip hop albums ever, yet?

RIP to the one and only Ahmad Jamal. He will always have a place in hip hop history thanks to this song, among others. IT'S YOURS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom