How committed is SU? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How committed is SU?

Pretty sure there’s like 5 threads with pages of names.
Then it shouldn’t be hard for people to list one off the top of their head, but I’m not seeing that.

Then it shouldn’t be hard for people to list one off the top of their head, but I’m not seeing that.

It’s also not hard to search all the threads that are 20+ pages of the same topic. Nobody is looking for an SEC coach to pop in. There’s plenty of lower division coaches running solid programs that would jump at any opportunity to get to D1. Just like marrone jumped from SU to coach in the NFL.

It’s also not hard to search all the threads that are 20+ pages of the same topic. Nobody is looking for an SEC coach to pop in. There’s plenty of lower division coaches running solid programs that would jump at any opportunity to get to D1. Just like marrone jumped from SU to coach in the NFL.
In other words, you don’t have a name, instead I should research the answers of others. Got it.

Here’s the most recent one. Dazzler isn’t it, other names in there are interesting. I’ll also admit, I don’t follow lower divisions enough to say I can comment. But I do read the names people mention and take a look. It’s been awhile (last year) since I looked and don’t recall off the top of my head some of the coaches with solid records.

1636847559198.png

Yeah, exactly. That’s what you should do if you’re curious. If you’re not curious, then just ask questions you don’t actually want answers to.

If you want to fire Dino you better be okay with the wheels reaaally falling off for a year or two.

The “mass exodus” doesn’t happen if you keep Dino, it happens if you let him go. And if our recruiting is bad now that first class we put together between the end of the season and early signing day is going to be even worse.

So I’ll listen to fire Dino arguments but you completely lose me if you don’t seriously consider that things get considerably worse before they get better under a new staff.
Get worse? We won one game last year.

Joe Moorhead.
He won 14 games in 2 years. In the most challenging division in the P5 - the SEC West.
Northeast roots; hometown is Pittsburgh, PA.

Boom, that’s one I liked a lot people have mentioned. There’s no reason to think he wouldn’t or someone similar, wouldn’t come here. Isssue is, if they’re successful they won’t stay long. But that’s an issue I think we’ll always deal with unless we keep DB or hit the lottery with another old guy who doesn’t want to move around again.

Joe Moorhead.
He won 14 games in 2 years. In the most challenging division in the P5 - the SEC West.
Northeast roots; hometown is Pittsburgh, PA.
Yes please.

And that’s okay. But I’m tired of hearing “dino is the best we can get

Let me preface my post by saying this is NOT about whether Dino should be retained or cut loose. Rather, it is about the whole "best we can get" narrative.

I agree with what you are saying. Furthermore, it isn't about whether or not some think he is the best we can get. It all comes down to "does this guy's performance merit what we are paying him?" End of story.

Also, if...and I emphasize "if"... Dino turns out to be a guy who can only rarely have a winning season, then a smart AD says "the next guy may not do better, but we know that this guy isn't the answer and we need to stop paying him." To do otherwise would be exceedingly dumb business.

In the past 72 years...ie beginning with Ben...we have had eight coaches. Dino is basically tied with Frank Maloney for 5th of those eight in winning percentage, slightly ahead of Shafer, and GRob bringing up the rear. If...and again, I emphasize "if"...in the end, Dino flames out at SU I am pretty sure that it is possible to get someone who can do better than that.

Do they want to win or just cash checks and not be a total embarrassment? I think it's the latter, and it's why my passion for the team has dwindled. I have four season tickets, but find myself more and more finding it ok if I can't make a game, or miss the start of a road game. It seems - incorrectly I'm sure - that the fans are more committed to this climb than the school is, and that is what is truly sad. My blah attitude has made game day results more acceptable, but I hate it.

This could be on the Mount Rushmore for hypocritical board posts.

Mac Brown is bringing in top classes and is also 5-5. And talk about laying an egg inside the 5 to win (against Pitt on Thursday)

People need to find a lane with this stuff. Either the recruiting stinks and must be upgraded (good luck), or it's fine since we're even in all these games (minus today) therefore it must be the coach.
FYI... it's the coaching. It's horrible and Dino is close to GROB.

Let me preface my post by saying this is NOT about whether Dino should be retained or cut loose. Rather, it is about the whole "best we can get" narrative.

I agree with what you are saying. Furthermore, it isn't about whether or not some think he is the best we can get. It all comes down to "does this guy's performance merit what we are paying him?" End of story.

Also, if...and I emphasize "if"... Dino turns out to be a guy who can only rarely have a winning season, then a smart AD says "the next guy may not do better, but we know that this guy isn't the answer and we need to stop paying him." To do otherwise would be exceedingly dumb business.

In the past 72 years...ie beginning with Ben...we have had eight coaches. Dino is basically tied with Frank Maloney for 5th of those eight in winning percentage, slightly ahead of Shafer, and GRob bringing up the rear. If...and again, I emphasize "if"...in the end, Dino flames out at SU I am pretty sure that it is possible to get someone who can do better than that.
If they don"t find a way to win 1 of the remaining games or get blown out, they will lose a lot of season ticket holders if they raise prices.

Mack Brown looked like he was 100 years old and in complete misery in the game against Pitt. I wonder how much longer he stays in the game,
He got blown out against GT, put up 10 and lost to common opponent VT, lost by 10 to FSU at home. Top ACC talent.
Either he's awful or Dino's not getting enough credit for coaching up his recruits.

Mack is a terrible in game coach. Great recruiter

Dino Baber's SHOULD be fired if he cant make it to a bowl game this year, and I can safely say odds are not looking great. I can not believe that anybody could stick up for this head coach after today. Dino does not even s realize when you should get your starting QB and RB out of a game where the only thing that can happen is injury! Eric Dungey and that team saved that man, and made him millions. He is a proven loser, and making millions doing it. I hope I eat Crow, I will be at the next two games and I would love to see a victory, but I will not have belief without evidence. This team came off a bye week and got curbed stomped. Next year we have another poor looking recruiting class, a tougher schedule, and a coach who has been to 1 bowl game since he has been here. Why not make a change if your serious about football, if not Is Greg Robinson still kicking? He could lose and it would save Syracuse a ton of $$

He got blown out against GT, put up 10 and lost to common opponent VT, lost by 10 to FSU at home. Top ACC talent.

Mack is a terrible in game coach. Great recruiter
Terrible is a bit of a stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom