If Battle is back next year where are Hughes minutes going to come from? | Syracusefan.com

If Battle is back next year where are Hughes minutes going to come from?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Does this mean Battle is gone no matter what.
I like Battle a lot but this years Draft is deep.
I can see him getting drafted but right now not sure if it would be in the first round.
If he is gone no matter what then Hughes will get minutes if Battle is back Hughes will be behind Battle, Howard, Carey.

Hughes much more suited to play some minutes at 3 than Tyus is. Can actually see him betting some minutes at the expense of Battle and Oshae. Going to be interesting to see where Moyer and Dolezaj get minutes though with Bazley playing 35+ at the 4. And most feel Buddy will have a significant role next year too.

Lots of bad rotation problems this year.
Lots of good rotation problems next year if everyone is back

What about if he's undrafted?
BROOKLYN – Despite all his clutch shots for Kentucky, including three straight clinching 3-pointers that propelled the Wildcats to the 2014 NCAA title game, Aaron Harrison's inconsistency cost him on NBA Draft night.

The 6-foot-6, 212-pound shooting guard who left UK after his sophomore season became John Calipari's first underclassman to declare for the draft and not be picked.
He ended up making $900k and got into 26 NBA games ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess we'll find out in April.

I can see Marek getting red shirted to bulk up and work on shooting. His game IQ is good already. Expect Hughes and Carey to be the first two off the bench

If Battle stays, we'd just have a normal rotation like most teams have, no?

Hughes would be in line for about 10mpg at SG and could see some time at SF.

Does this mean Battle is gone no matter what.
I like Battle a lot but this years Draft is deep.
I can see him getting drafted but right now not sure if it would be in the first round.
If he is gone no matter what then Hughes will get minutes if Battle is back Hughes will be behind Battle, Howard, Carey.

Is Hughes even that good?
I mean, on paper, he's no better than Geno Thorpe - worse, in fact.

I read somewhere that Hughes is like Wes Johnson good, and will tear it up when he gets involved next year.

Clearly that’s incorrect?

Are we sure Buddy is that good? His minutes are going to be interesting if it's a push production wise.

If Hughes isn’t good then WTH when you sanctioned with 2 less scholarships would you handcuff yourself a 3rd one of the transfer is just depth.
Alsacs, you are one of my favorite posters. You're searing passion is to be admired.

That said, you are all over Hughes today aren't you (he "better" be good ... huh)? Bottom line, you take a good player, like Hughes, when one becomes available. Delayed gratification can be glorious (ask the Celtics about Larry Legend).

I implore you to enjoy those who are here, playing hard (outside of the last 4 seconds vs. ND) and begin to connect the dots. It's more fun that way. For all of us.

If Hughes isn’t good then WTH when you sanctioned with 2 less scholarships would you handcuff yourself a 3rd one of the transfer is just depth.
Alsacs, you are one of my favorite posters. You're searing passion is to be admired.

That said, you are all over Hughes today aren't you (he "better" be good ... huh)? Bottom line, you take a good player, like Hughes, when one becomes available. Delayed gratification can be glorious (ask the Celtics about Larry Legend).

I implore you to enjoy those who are here, playing hard (outside of the last 4 seconds vs. ND) and begin to connect the dots. It's more fun that way. For all of us.

Our program has holes.
If Hughes is good then its worth taking him.
When we got him I was consistent I wasn’t a fan of wasting a scholarship this year for down the line.
We need depth for sure but Battle basically has to go this year for
Hughes to get decent minutes next year.

Silly to worry about what happens if a guy comes back. There is just no precedent for it. Battle is 10000% gone. I would say he is actually more likely gone than that because he has had injury issues in his career. I would also be gobstopped if Brissett comes back. Remember the first rule: if there is any sliver of possibility that a guy might leave. He is gone. Period. If by some miracle he comes back, take as a gift from the heavens and hope he doesn't use the extra year to perfect the pump fake.

Silly to worry about what happens if a guy comes back. There is just no precedent for it. Battle is 10000% gone. I would say he is actually more likely gone than that because he has had injury issues in his career. I would also be gobstopped if Brissett comes back. Remember the first rule: if there is any sliver of possibility that a guy might leave. He is gone. Period. If by some miracle he comes back, take as a gift from the heavens and hope he doesn't use the extra year to perfect the pump fake.
Brissett isn’t getting drafted this year.
This draft is way too deep for a raw Brissett to get drafted.
He wouldn’t be one of the top 60 prospects this year.

I read somewhere that Hughes is like Wes Johnson good, and will tear it up when he gets involved next year.

Clearly that’s incorrect?

Wes Johnson had been a good player at Iowa State, which is clearly a step up in class compared to East Carolina. Hughes is more of an athlete than a basketball player, IMO. I'm really getting tired of having a team full of guys who can't shoot the ball.

Are we sure Buddy is that good? His minutes are going to be interesting if it's a push production wise.

Buddy at least has played against elite HS competition in the EYBL, and done exceptionally well.

I can see Marek getting red shirted to bulk up and work on shooting. His game IQ is good already. Expect Hughes and Carey to be the first two off the bench
I can see Marek heading back to Slovakia.

Howard/Carey/Washington
Battle/Hughes/Carey
Brissett/Hughes/Battle/Bazley
bazley/Brissett/Moyer/Marek
Chukwu/Sidibe/Marek

Marek can move up or down depending on his offseason.
Where is he going to move down to on your depth chart - LOL !!!

Wes Johnson had been a good player at Iowa State, which is clearly a step up in class compared to East Carolina. Hughes is more of an athlete than a basketball player, IMO. I'm really getting tired of having a team full of guys who can't shoot the ball.
Johnson was named to the Big 12 all-Rookie team and earned honorable mention freshman All-America honors. So yeah, he was pretty good.

SU had four guys who could shoot last year ... just couldn't play the defense.

You also had Battle gone last year if I recall...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom