If Battle is back next year where are Hughes minutes going to come from? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

If Battle is back next year where are Hughes minutes going to come from?

Frank and Tyus are averaging 9 TOV/per while dishing out 4.5 AST/per and the numbers continue to deteriorate in ACC play. They seem to have little chemistry, neither can get the team into sets and they make to many mental mistakes down the stretch (likely do to fatigue - find spots for Washington). What makes anyone think these two should be our starting backcourt next year?

If the year counties as such, I suspect we will be looking for a PG grad transfer to work into a rotation of scoring guard Jalen (who won’t be ready to play point) and whoever’s left.

Tyus - sorry we couldn’t get you a point or give you a breather.

Frank - It’s not your fault, but then again it may be.

If Battle is back next year he might not see the floor, nice kid, nice family, but based on what i have seen past 2 seasons, he is not NBA ready, his shot has a hitch, weird, and he has a tough time getting to the hoop and when he does get there, his shots usually bounce to the right off the rim , he does not have great air time, looks like a supreme athlete, but just does not have great lift, to his credit, the team is not good, he is getting killed playing 40 min per game. has had his share of injuries and illness, and he is the 1 player teams are focused on, but if you are a 1st rounder, you have to be playing better than this.
FH is shooting better than TB and FH looks like a better athlete

I'd be surprised if Battle came back. In an interview on sujuiceonline, adam zagoria, who's apparently close with the Battle family, made it sound like Gary and Tyus have planned all along that he would leave after this year.

I'd be surprised if Battle came back. In an interview on sujuiceonline, adam zagoria, who's apparently close with the Battle family, made it sound like Gary and Tyus have planned all along that he would leave after this year.

Agree with this and fully expect him to go but sometimes plans change. I am sure he also planned to shoot better than 30% from 3, to play in multiple NCAA tournaments and to be locked in as a first round pick.
Heck, I planned to retire at 52. Ask me how that’s working out!

Buddy will not redshirt next year. He will still be our best shoooter and if he redshirts that means another year added to JB’s career. He already said he won’t leave if Buddy has eligibility left.
JB has said himself publicly that Buddy might redshirt, so I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Agree with this and fully expect him to go but sometimes plans change. I am sure he also planned to shoot better than 30% from 3, to play in multiple NCAA tournaments and to be locked in as a first round pick.
Heck, I planned to retire at 52. Ask me how that’s working out!

If Battle will be selected in the late first round or early to mid second, he should go.

Playing another year in the zone defense and this offense and having to go to class isn't going to help him nearly as much as being with an NBA team.

With today's performance, I can't see him getting drafted at all. He is being exposed.

Where is he going if he does not come back? He is better off finishing school and graduating, what am i missing, the kid can't jump

It's a two-way tie for worst post of the week. And there was plenty of competition.

Can't jump - haha, some people are just laughably ignorant. Another post mentioned if he came back he wouldn't play because, "he's not NBA ready." Apparently we have 5 NBA ready guys ahead of him.

The team stinks this year - it is not because of Tyus Battle. When you have 3 guys who can score, you have to force the issue. If Tyler Lydon is on this team, Tyus Battle is an all ACC player and a 1st rd pick. He's in a tough spot. People need to wake up and realize that.

Nobody with any talent comes back for a 3rd year. Sad but that's the way it is. Blame the NBA who thinks kids that are 21 are too old and rates them down.

Can't jump - haha, some people are just laughably ignorant. Another post mentioned if he came back he wouldn't play because, "he's not NBA ready." Apparently we have 5 NBA ready guys ahead of him.

The team stinks this year - it is not because of Tyus Battle. When you have 3 guys who can score, you have to force the issue. If Tyler Lydon is on this team, Tyus Battle is an all ACC player and a 1st rd pick. He's in a tough spot. People need to wake up and realize that.
Yeah, I should have also linked the post that said he wouldn't see the court if he returned. Three-way tie.

Battle can and will play at the next level. He won't be on a team that has no other options. His game is more suited for the NBA, where offenses have so much more freedom. He may not be a star when he goes, but he will make the league.

Yeah, I should have also linked the post that said he wouldn't see the court if he returned. Three-way tie.

Not your fault. There's far too much stupid to sift through.

If Battle is back next year he might not see the floor, nice kid, nice family, but based on what i have seen past 2 seasons, he is not NBA ready, his shot has a hitch, weird, and he has a tough time getting to the hoop and when he does get there, his shots usually bounce to the right off the rim , he does not have great air time, looks like a supreme athlete, but just does not have great lift, to his credit, the team is not good, he is getting killed playing 40 min per game. has had his share of injuries and illness, and he is the 1 player teams are focused on, but if you are a 1st rounder, you have to be playing better than this.
What are you watching? He scored 37 points today with the entire FSU team focusing on him. He made tough shot after tough shot. He surely looked like an NBA player today. He’s making shots with two guys in his face. He has no one else to pass to. Twice today Washington made the correct basketball play and passed to Marek and he proceeded to miss the entire basket from two feet. Who is Battle supposed to pass it to? You surround Battle with other good players and he’s an All American.

Easy answer. HW and Buddy redshirt, nobody plays more than 35 minutes a game, and JB feels more comfortable with a 3 guard lineup having Battle, Frank, Carey and Hughes
If Buddy redshirts, does that mean we have JB for an extra year?

SMH Battle starts. SMH

In what world is this remotely possible? Franks not taking over the 2, we dont have a 1. Hughes isnt taking over the 2 from a returning two year double digit scorer. Brissett can’t play the 2 and if someone wants to tell me Carey’s coming in and taking the ball from Battle’s hands I want some of what they’re having.

Battle’s our best player. Franks our best pure shooter and point guard. Elijah Hughes and JC will be nice pieces to take off significant pressure from each.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom